Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm a sucker for when a bad guy reforms, so Clayface on Team Batman is extremely my poo poo. Reforming is Clayface's entire gimmick, after all.

I loved Paul Dini's run on Detective with Riddler deciding to go straight and starting his own private investigation office to prove he's a better detective than Batman. It was amnesia, so we all knew he'd go right back villainy once he eventually got his memory back. I became extremely broke and fell out of comics for the tail end of that so I have no idea how it ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

As much as I like Zero Year and Snyder's run overall, I still wish they would have waited for Morrison to finish his run on Batman before the big New 52 reboot. It would have made things a lot less convoluted overall if Batman got the same clean reboot that Superman did. It's pretty ridiculous that Batman has raised 3 2 kids to adulthood and conceived a now 13 year old child in the span of ~6 years.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Maybe not feel constrained to bring them all in immediately or even at all? I loved Tim Drake, but they clearly haven't had any plans for him since Damien entered the picture. They could have followed the Action Comics/Superman route and had one line be pre-5 year time jump and the other one be the time jump. They could have introduced Dick through Detective Comics, and then in the first run of Batman have him graduate up to Nightwing.

Batman never really got a clear reboot. There wasn't one between the golden and silver ages, and he didn't get one after CoIE like Superman did. Just retellings of his origins to update it for the eras.

This is six years after the fact and I've caught up on most of Snyder's run and like what he did. So I don't have much room to complain these days.

Edit: To clarify, Tim could be cleanly excised from New 52 with no loss. Getting rid of Jason Todd would end lots of derails for us. And Damien would be reintroduced in my proposed 5 years later time jump in DC's present day. Damien rules.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 15, 2016

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Actually, Snyder did find something interesting to do with Tim Drake, he created Bluebird.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cause Dick doesn't want to be Batman.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

WickedHate posted:

In many ways, he's like Gohan.

I'll bite. Name some ways. I wanna hear this.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can see that comparison.

A story where a different universe Batman shows up in the main universe and crashes on Bruce's couch would be neat.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is it on sale or just came out?

Either way, the sequel comic they're doing is intriguing. It's a crossover between BTAS and the current TMNT cartoon.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I really liked that Dini issue of Detective where Joker and Tim get fast food.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bale's Batman has no problem with killing, it's just that he refuses to be an executioner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Eh. Bane is no different than a dime a dozen characters where their gimmick is "super talented at a ton of things crime lord!" He is, for good or ill, defined by his venom addiction and the time he broke Batman's back and he'll never escape from that barring some writer doing a complete redefining of the character in a way that is not only well written but memorable enough to take Bane away from being Drug Luchadore Man.

They did an amazing job reimagining him in The Dark Knight Rises.

• Locked thread