Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Money seems very easy to make in the game, could largely be due to wearing gear with better prices and rhetoric when selling and bumping rhetoric high.
Does anyone have trouble with money after a few dungeon crawls?

The hardest hump in the game for me was the difficulty jump from the baby coast to the areas around Ark and especially because I didn't know the heartland was the next area to go to levelwise, but I spent a entire day just exploring Ark and grabbing quests until I could handle the crypts.

I just started (just went to the temple in Ark for the main quest, did a few sidequests and random dungeons on the way) and am having serious trouble with money. I think I'm level 8 or 9 and upgraded rhetoric at every chance except getting 20 in handicraft but it's still only 32 or so and everything I find sells for like 5-10 pennies max... Buying books to improve skills suck, they're a giant money sink and I only find books that are not for my main skills lying around. I have like 20 advancement points unspent because I can't afford to buy more one handed, block, heavy armor books. I also made the mistake of spending 1100 pennies on an empty house.

How do you make big bucks?

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Zereth posted:

Higher grade equipment starts being worth significantly more. Also make sure you grab anything enchanted, jewlery, and the like, and then anything else you can drag bak to a shop or secure chest or something.

Also, don't pay attention so much to how much a thing is worth: Pay attention to how much it's worth per unit of weight.

Yes I do that but enemies are just starting to drop Steel weapons, and at my rhetoric level it takes about 10 or so items to afford an adept skill book (except secondary skills but I don't have the points for those :v: Very few low weight high price items like gems for the moment, but I have also been doing easy quests so maybe it will get better when I get around to the two star ones.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

A.o.D. posted:

I'm so tired of being talked at.

I feel your pain, but at least this is a proper rpg, bethesda should hire these guys to make a decent story / world for once.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Well i find it miles better than anything bethesda ever made, and I am actually reading stuff and want to know how it will end, while I skipped over everything in oblivion and Skyrim.. might be just me though.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Just did the song in the silence quest. God that was awful, the "twist" could be seen from the start and the protagonist was extremely annoying.

Is there much left to the game main quest? I have all the mcguffins now and just need to turn them in, I'd think I am almost done

• Locked thread