Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I feel conflicted about Enderal. I loved Nehrim to death, mostly because in many ways it felt like a brand new game and was different enough from Oblivion (also better in many ways).

However after dumping ~14 hours into Enderal, it feels like Skyrim with a new coat of paint.

A few questions to people have been playing for awhile:

- In Nehrim there were a ton of unique hand placed gear, that were fairly well hidden. Unfortunately all i am finding is feels like skyrims random loot system where i am drowning in random set magical items. Is there unique items?

- Do dungeons and enemies get more interesting? I have seen a few neat dungeons with some puzzles, but the vast majority of dungeons just feel like they were copy and pasted from skyrim.

- Is sneaking broken? I have ~40 skill in sneaking, and wearing light leather + the buff. I cannot get in range to backstab anyone, without them turning around the instant i get near them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Anyone know what i am supposed to be doing in old sherath? I killed the big boss, a giant tunnel spider. But it just leads to a more or less empty room.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Infinity Gaia posted:

Anyone know where the chestpiece of the Ratcatcher set can be found? I have multiples of the head, arms and legs but no chest piece (or amulet if it has one, I know I have a set amulet for something else).

I found that in Goldshire Castle (its not far from Riverville) on the final boss.

Also can someone tell me where i am supposed to go for the Secret of the Can quest. I can't find the note with the hint anymore and feel really confused.

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 16, 2016

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Infinity Gaia posted:

The heck, if you mean that weird mage chick at the very end, she dropped the chest piece of the NOMAD set for me. I thought the loot was hand-placed?

Edit: Also to answer your question, near where you initially found that kid there's a big dead tree up on a hill. Just climb up to it and look around, you should see some ruin-type ground nearby. Just follow the path from there, hard to miss it.

I am wrong you are right she did drop the NOMAD set. I am not sure where i got the chest piece then.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Few questions about Ark:

- Where in gods name can i buy a reliable source of lockpicks? I have cleaned out everyones stock of them and they don't seem to restock.

- Is there anyone in this game that i can sell stolen goods to?

- In the golden sickle, there is a massive crypt in the basement does this have a quest associated with it?

- The vault seems to have a bunch of neat items hidden behind master locks, where exactly do i get the keys for this? Someone NPC mentioned they lost their key to their vault awhile back, but no quest came of this.

- I cleaned out the majority of Ark, and only got a grand total of maybe 5-6 quests. Is there more?

- Does anyone know how many pieces there are for each set?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The spellcasting schools seem largely just renamed from Skyrim, anyone discover some spells with major differences about them compared to vanilla schools?

I don't really remember all the spells from Skyrim, but i have definitely seen a few new spells. Also in general elemental magic seems to be much more powerful in comparison to skyrim. Some of the new summon spells are extremely useful as well.

E.g. some of my spells can one shot brigands even though i have barely leveled up that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Two questions:

- How exactly do the favourite groups work? I thought i could assign hotkeys to one group then switch to the next one. But that doesn't seem to be the case as soon as i hotkey an item in one group, any thing assigned to that hotkey in other groups are immediately unassigned.

- The quest the Sole Place, wants me to search through Golfur Silverlords goods for stuff he owns. The waypoint marker points me to Golfur, but i don't know what i am supposed to be searching. I searched the chests in his stalls, and pick pocketed him but can't find any goods.

• Locked thread