Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is there a difference between the races? the description of the desert people race talked about the founding of mysticism so I figured might work out for a mage type, but on levelup I get the choice of +9 health +8 mana or +11 stamina.

Are the levelup stats different for every race, and the elf ear guy would have +11 mana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's amazing how even with the threat of a fever that will kill me in a few days if untreated I still avoid the main quest and explore the entire countryside.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I am filled with indecision on where to take my first character, archery and daggers with buffing magic or pure mage and enchanted daggers.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If I was to go with the dick option and use the beauty potion, what would that do?, the effects that scroll up are in german.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Specializing in one handed or two handed will probably be decided by which powerful artifact I stumble across first.

Is there a way to toggle to german voice acting with english subtitles, or not quite there yet?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Bound weapons seem to be doing good damage even without the 40% damage trait, but I'm sure some hidden super weapon would obsolete them eventually.
That devour trait to fill up health/mana/stam seems handy too if you fight swarms of things.

I don't suppose upping the difficulty increases the exp you gain per kill does it? since in vanilla skyrim upping the difficulty means more hits to level up skills as a sort of "exp" boost by increased difficulty.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 18, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The spellcasting schools seem largely just renamed from Skyrim, anyone discover some spells with major differences about them compared to vanilla schools?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I just made it to Ark after doing everything I could find in the starting area.

I haven't made it through every district yet but already I am flooded with hundreds of quests.

Also, I think I need to murder a bread seller because of the voice actor.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 19, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I know how to spend memory points or whatever. What do I use learning points for, and where are the crafting skills?

Hit H, mouse over things.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
While checking the pockets of someone rich looking just to see what would be in it, I saw a iceclaw, so that's something to be aware of people having.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Chicken posted:

For the first quest there are optional objectives to collect 5 pumpkins and 3 mana fungi and the quest isn't updating when I get them. It's not really a big deal, but I'm worried that things might keep screwing up. Anybody else having issues with this?

I'm pretty sure it's just a tutorial optional thing to collect some food as you pass by.

Green Bean posted:

This mod looks interesting, but I've got a bunch of different mods installed for Skyrim that took forever to convince to work together. I know I can't use any mods for Enderal, but is there any way to preserve my current settings such that when I switch back to Skyrim, I won't need to start from scratch?

Some basic game functionality mods work, I'd highly recommend Quickloot and Instant mining, anyone else have some small quality of life mods to recommend?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Being offered a choice of three rewards, two that are actually worth considering and unsure how much to value the learning points.

The choices are 4 Learning points or a amulet with 17% rhetoric for essentially 17% better prices at merchants for the rest of the game, or the comedy option of 500 gold (the amulet is worth 1500 to a vendor) I'm leaning towards the amulet.

And on a different note, Entropy might be the best spell school
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqWR6HfqiaY

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I also had trouble with finding someone to offload my staves, the magic shop in the noble quarter will buy them.

Does enchanting and handicraft ever become viable? the game throws set pieces at you if you explore and their stats are far beyond what you could get on single enchant items and I don't think a couple points of higher armor would be worth using a none-set piece for.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Even early on I could make potions with Provoke and they would be worth 200g.

The only annoying thing is finding all the ingredient effects without 3 trait points, and that wrongness feeling you get sampling some human flesh to learn it's effects.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Skyrim had some fullbody armor like thief and assassin guild outfits that took multiple slots, I'm guessing the armor works like that.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Does melee get good with skill level and perk investment? I don't see any reason not to use my bow even in melee anymore.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Got a pretty nice set of mods working with enderal. Will post the load order in a little bit.

Would be interested to hear what mods people been using, I've just done quick loot, quick light and quick mining, just minor things to speed up the time wasting parts or the light mod so I don't get munched holding a torch or have to fight via name tags in pitch black

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Archer mage definitely seems to be a strong mix to play.
Decided to try and find somewhere challenging to go with bound bow so set the game to expert difficulty and took a trip to the dunes.

Cleared through a massive tomb filled with not-falmer where at the end beams of light focused on a coffin and awoke the boss the tomb was named after, he died in 2 arrows.

Afterwards I got attacked by a *loiness* and I collected it's "feline cat pelt"

For duel-classes, is there one for entropy and thievery? and do I need to do anything beyond having 10+ points invested in both?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Aug 22, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Explains why the bow seems to be doing above average damage and why bound bow 3 wasn't that big a leap over 2, it's coming from the arrows.

Hopefully they roll out a patch for it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Fair warning to everyone so they don't waste time on this like I did, apparently only the first Lost Hearts quest is active at the moment, according to german patch notes. I found this out only after combing through the dark valley for a few hours looking for the next one...

That saved me some wandering.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

Me, hearing "No... that was my friend! I'll gut you for this!" for the first time: :smith:

Me, hearing "No... that was my friend! I'll gut you for this!" for the thousandth time: :unsmigghh:

Same here, that was a gut punch to hear the first time while ambushing a random bandit camp, not so much the next dozen times.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think the master skull gave something ridiculous like +2 memory points.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Destruction and Entropy seems like very strong skill lines, hows the alteration/restoration school? mostly just defensive support?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Two questions, whats the level cap or softcap and where might be strongest enemies be found? after spending a long while doing stuff in Ark and gearing up I destroyed everything in the desert and got multiple levels per dungeon, sorta wonder if I peaked or if the desert wasn't quite the top.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 25, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I imagine waiting was removed so people don't just wait 1 hour between every battle to full heal and instead have to bring food and drink.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For those going the melee route, what sort of damage numbers are you reaching on one or two handed weapons late game? sorta curious what two handers can put out with the attack speed increase talent or one handed criticals.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Money seems very easy to make in the game, could largely be due to wearing gear with better prices and rhetoric when selling and bumping rhetoric high.
Does anyone have trouble with money after a few dungeon crawls?

The hardest hump in the game for me was the difficulty jump from the baby coast to the areas around Ark and especially because I didn't know the heartland was the next area to go to levelwise, but I spent a entire day just exploring Ark and grabbing quests until I could handle the crypts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is there anywhere to check steam sales or player activity, sorta curious if there was a noticeable spike in skyrim sales over enderal or not.

• Locked thread