Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mbt
Aug 13, 2012

How is magic? Vanilla skyrim destruction is kinda terrible, is enderal's better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

it is like 80% gothic from what I've played so far, down to the levels giving you 5 LP and requiring trainers to boost your skills. hell the first area just outside the starter dungeon reminds me of walking down from xardas' tower in gothic 2.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mygna posted:

It's not significantly different from Skyrim. All of the basic spell types are basically the same, just with rebalanced costs and damage/duration/power. Biggest differences are probably the summons, which obviously use different creatures, plus the addition of mark & recall. The five spell schools are grouped into three perk trees, one for destruction, one for alteration & restoration and one for illusion & summoning, all giving roughly the same benefits as the perks in regular Skyrim (and various more exciting powers to replace shouts).

are they scaled to be not terrible though? I kinda want to go pure mage, but pure mage in skyrim was really really bad. I read that the entropy tree wasn't as good as the other two.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Wait I may have to retract that. I seem to be stuck in the inventory. No xbox controller button will exit it. What am I missing?

nothing that enderal did, that's all on the skyrim engine's end

try hitting b

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

There's no controller support. Obviously I tried hitting every button on the controller before I made the post.

I played for 10 hours with a controller, maybe fix your comp

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

How do I spend my learning and crafting points?

buy skill books from merchants or find them in the world

You want to start with apprentice because those only go up to 25 and are really cheap

I'm not sure what leveling the magic skills does, elemental damage hasn't changed between 15-30 at all.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

No I mean the ones I get when I level up - or is it that I can read one book per point I get?

you can read one book per point you get

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Just eat 'em, they're a carry over from the Nehrim. If later on you come across a quest that needs them there's bound to be enough spare to finish it off - there's tonnes of them.

I've a question about Skyrim mods for this - does anyone know for sure if adding mods via NMM to Skyrim will add them to Enderal (textures, lighting mods etc)? I added some texture mods manually then I decided to overwrite them with NMM because gently caress trying to keep track of what I've put in manually and I'm like 80% sure it showing up properly.

E: Do not verify your cache with this. I noticed none of the DLC had downloaded so I had to do that to get them and it completely hosed the Enderal installation. God dammit, it's always something with Skyrim.

enderal intentionally removes the DLC and moves it to another folder

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Anyone know if there's a way to respec your memory points? I figured I would be a mage out the gate, but having too much fun with the bows/daggers I'm finding.

The memory points aren't massive damage increases, and apparently there are enough points to max out every tree.

Or you could type "help 'memory' 4" and find the +1 memory scroll and add some to your inventory then promise you won't use magic :thumbsup:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Uhhh I dunno where you read that you get enough points to max out every tree, even the loading screens seem to say that you're going to be able to max out three trees, tops.

oh sure that's probably it

I thought it meant all three archetypes not three individual trees whoops

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

skill points and learning points seem pointless

dump em in armor and move on it seems like

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Learning points are essential for putting into rhetoric so I get more EXP out of quests and more gold and such. Also supposedly you can craft cool poo poo later with Handicraft?

Nice try but those are both crafting points skills. I'm talking about learning points which if you're a mage are 100% worthless

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

evilmiera posted:

Don't tell me things like that, I'll want to go play Morrowind again and remember how much I hate the interface :(

uhhh what the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

objectively wrong

now gothic, that's an interface that's terrible

• Locked thread