Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Holy poo poo awesome! I just browsing for a game to buy (they all suck) and this just happens to be out today. Nehrim was easily the best free game I ever played and I have high hopes this will be even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
While I'm finishing up redownloading Skyrim - did they package in their own post processing or is it worth grabbing an enb for it? I haven't played Skyrim or with my new video card so I don't know what's good any more.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Holy poo poo, this is cool. Still in the prologue and it feels like starting a new elder scrolls game except I know the story will be good and they've had 5 years to iron out the engine bugs.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wait I may have to retract that. I seem to be stuck in the inventory. No xbox controller button will exit it. What am I missing?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mortimer posted:

nothing that enderal did, that's all on the skyrim engine's end

try hitting b

There's no controller support. Obviously I tried hitting every button on the controller before I made the post.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mortimer posted:

I played for 10 hours with a controller, maybe fix your comp

I figured it out. Can't remap buttons with this.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is Secrets from the Can bugged for anyone else? I can't select the dialogue to hand it in.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Rrussom posted:

Giving the kid a few punches worked for me.

Beating children to make them work? Seems a little dark, but ok!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How do I spend my learning and crafting points?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mortimer posted:

buy skill books from merchants or find them in the world

You want to start with apprentice because those only go up to 25 and are really cheap

I'm not sure what leveling the magic skills does, elemental damage hasn't changed between 15-30 at all.

No I mean the ones I get when I level up - or is it that I can read one book per point I get?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It says it right there on the books too.:doh:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does magic hold up later in the game? It's been ok so far, if a little boring because I'm just double casting absorb life at everything until it dies. If it's just going to be that but holding the buttons down for longer I'm not above cheating up some memory points and respeccing.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

sicDaniel posted:

I found some Shrooms that increase my carrying capacity. Is it safe to eat them immediately or can they be used later as a potion ingredient or something?

Just eat 'em, they're a carry over from the Nehrim. If later on you come across a quest that needs them there's bound to be enough spare to finish it off - there's tonnes of them.

I've a question about Skyrim mods for this - does anyone know for sure if adding mods via NMM to Skyrim will add them to Enderal (textures, lighting mods etc)? I added some texture mods manually then I decided to overwrite them with NMM because gently caress trying to keep track of what I've put in manually and I'm like 80% sure it showing up properly.

E: Do not verify your cache with this. I noticed none of the DLC had downloaded so I had to do that to get them and it completely hosed the Enderal installation. God dammit, it's always something with Skyrim.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 17, 2016

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is there a problem with sneak enchantments? They're not showing up as buff on the stats screen.

If anyone has picked up the quest to check on the gallery owner's Ma' go do it! It's a really good side quest.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does anyone know where the esm for Enderal is?

E: Or what the armour the keepers wear is called.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 18, 2016

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wait a minute...this is the plot of mass effect!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bob NewSCART posted:

Can I use NMM to add mods to Enderal? If so, how do I go about doing something like that? I wanna install immersive animations but gently caress if im installing the full installer manually and not just using the .fomm install

Yeah you can, at least with the ones I've done. It uses the Skyrim.esm so most mods will recognise it. I've only done it for texture and armour mods though. More complicated ones might run into some issues.:shrug:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Merrill Grinch posted:

Whining!

The whole Brotherhood of Kor sidequest (starts in a potion shop in Noble District) feels like it was somebody else's unfinished mod just shoved into the game pointlessly. Small area you can only get to via teleporting that isn't on the map, check. Horribly inconsistent monster placement and difficulty, check. Walking around an admittedly gorgeously built empty area because you have to read a bunch of NPC's instant messenger logs, check. No loot, check. And then the limpest dick ending you can possibly imagine.

And gently caress you, Giant Spider. gently caress you! How did you even get in there?

It literally is an incomplete quest. Apparently the guy that worked on it left and they kept it in because it's a decent enough location and why not.

There was no English translation for what the Veiled Woman says after she resurrects Jespar just as the screen flashes white. Does anyone happen to know what she said? It seemed important.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How do I get this Pyrean Crystal? I've spent like 2 hours going around these mountains and there's no obvious path through anywhere. I ever tried swimming but there are invisible walls.

E: I found it. The path is pretty easy to miss. If you get stuck go to the Myrad tower at Westwell (I think that's the name) go north to the quarry and look for a path off the quarry that goes over a wooden bridge and under an archway. If you start seeing green crystals you're on the right path.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Aug 20, 2016

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yeah i definitely need to buy clairvoyance. I swear this is bordering on plagiarism with how much it steals from the mass effect story. If i don't end this game by picking a blue red or green choice I'll be surprised.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does anyone know what items are required for the Wishing Wells quests? I got an emerald for the first one but nothing happened, so I'm guessing that's not what a "grass coloured stone" is.

Also with the Butcher of Ark books - are any of them locked behind quests or are they all just laying around the world somewhere?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Where do these wishing well quests start? I've been investigating every well I come across. None have spoken to me yet.

I found it near an abandoned farmhouse west of riverville and south of the stone circle.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
So does the Witch in Riverville. The magic shop in the Sun Temple should also as well as the magic shop in the Noble Quarter (I think).

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Emy posted:

In Skyrim, potion making was a bit of a pain starting out, but once you got going it was incredibly powerful and a stupidly good source of income. I don't know if either of those things hold true in Enderal.

By the way, has anyone encountered armor not letting your wear shoes? For some reason, my Shell of the Ash Warrior forces me to have bare feet, despite being a torso item.

What shoes are you trying to wear? That armour uses the calves slot and my guess is the shoes you're trying to wear do too. Easy fix in the creation kit if you know how to use it.

Zereth posted:

Say, do healing potions YOU make still increase arcane fever? If not, I should probably invest in some alchemy to do something with my enormous ingredient stock.

Nope, health potions you make don't increase arcane fever at all.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 22, 2016

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

evilmiera posted:

Edit: What is this poo poo:

It's a painting of Godzilla attacking a sailing ship and I'd be proud to have it hanging in my home.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zereth posted:

Oh poo poo thanks, I haven't been to town in a while so my secure chest is full of random crap to sell.

Which reminds me, I wonder how easy it would be to add a secure chest to the Meditation Zone... You already appear to be able to just drop poo poo in it and it stays, so this wouldn't change much.

Super easy. There's nothing special about the zone it's just a cell in the game. In fact I might just do that tomorrow.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
So I've noticed with alchemy that the higher your skill doesn't necessarily translate into better potions. It seems to be ingredient based. At 100 alchemy if I mix a mud morel with a blue malphas flower I get 7 over 4 seconds healing but if I mix a mud morel with a butterfly wing I get 3 over 4.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Has anyone come across any faction type quests that are more than meet a guy then go on a dungeon crawl for them and come back? I keep hearing about this group that runs the Undercity but I haven't come across any quests for them yet.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Huh, well. I did the main quest and explored a bit but I think I'm going to shelve this for a year or so and try it again when all of the teething pains have (hopefully) been sorted. It's great but it needs a lot of bug fixes and I think the crafting system is just plain broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The set items were a huge disappointment. Given the amazing armour mods they could have gotten permission to use from Nexus it's weird they went with their own half-arsed badly clipping mishmashes. If you pick heavy armour for the Order gear do you get a set of the badass looking armour they're all wearing? I picked light armour and got a loving city guard's outfit.

• Locked thread