Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
I got the talent that lets me sell stolen goods to any merchant. And I got that early. So by the time I made it to Ark, I had almost 8k gold after maxxing skill points as much as I could (archery / sneak / light armor / rhetoric / lock picking). Bought myself the noble house... Now I need to get even more money to furnish it. I found a couple of merchants with housing blueprints and I can't stop playing this gaaaaaame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Well, killed a dragon at level 15. Hide behind rocks, plink a few bowshots, retreat n repeat. It dropped an amazing new sword for me that does like 14 damage. It's neat that they rebalanced such that a relatively minor increase (from 8 to 14) feels so amazingly more powerful. I'd be throwing away 14 damage swords in skyrim after a couple of hours; here, it's godly.

Some complaints:
- it seems interest caps at 250 daily? If so that's dumb. You have a constant outflow of gold; hoarding is hard and players should be rewarded for saving.
- the pet AI is still buggy (but better than skyrim and pets are great mostly). My ice elemental often turned around and lumbered away, even before being hit once.
- crafting skills are underwhelming. They said something about crafting being the only way to make the most powerful artifacts in the game; maybe I'm not there yet.
- a fair few crashes still remain, but nothing has broken my progress so far.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Ripper Swarm posted:

The hunter lady who has a stall near the marketplace player house also buys jewellery, although iirc she doesn't have a lot of cash by default. Still, it's a good place to dump enchanted necklaces if you also want to buy sneak-type skill books :ninja:

I have no problem with using the console to add gold to merchants (not to myself); it's the literal equivalent of heading to your bed and sleeping for a couple of weeks until they replenish their gold stock. I don't consider it cheating, since, as I say, there's an in-game way to do it (but the in-game way to do it takes ~30 loading screens and that's a lot for a somewhat finicky mod).

To do so, just bring up the console near the merchant, select the merchant, and type "additem f xxx" where xxx is the amount of gold you want to add. You don't need to be in the menu with the merchant, or in dialog with the merchant. Just click 'em and add.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Thursday Next posted:

- it seems interest caps at 250 daily? If so that's dumb. You have a constant outflow of gold; hoarding is hard and players should be rewarded for saving.

I just checked, and, yes, this is true. Your interest rate caps at a whopping 250g daily. Considering how important gold is in game, and how much the higher-end skillbooks cost, I would REALLY like a way to increase this. I'd be happy to increase it by questing, or by buying higher status (pay 10k gold to increase that by 50?). I recognize that questing may not be practical since that's a lot of new content, but some way to increase that is needed.

I had hoped to parlay my early acquisition of the Fence talent (sell stolen poo poo to regular merchants, woo!) into enough of a nest egg to roll that into some high-level skillbook money when I needed it. It seems like they don't want you to do that, which makes the Fence talent a lot less useful. I could just not take it, and use the Fence in Ark.

Does anyone know a way to set that interest rate using console, hex editor, or the creation kit?

Edit: Question still stands, but it seems I may have been mistaken with costs for maxing a skill line. I thought the Mastery books from 75-100 were 30,000g each... they aren't.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 15, 2016

• Locked thread