Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Why can't I see further than 5 feet in any direction because of all the god damned shrubberies in the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Welp, I'm stuck near the end of the Old Rashengrad quest. The part where the dwemer elevator descends while rotating bounces the essential NPC out of the world and breaks the scripting. Doing a player.placeatme command for both variations of that NPC just causes a non-interactable NPC to appear and perform idle animations. Because of this, I don't get the key needed to open any of the doors in old Rashengrad, and I can't advance the 'get rid of my magic sickness' quest. Help what do

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Look, Enderal designers, if you hate fast travel so much, just say so and don't put it on your loving game. Don't put it in, give it limited utility that you have to pay for, and then place the fast travel points 15 minutes and 10 hostile spawns away from the place you say it goes to.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Just look at this crap.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
This probably goes without saying, but use focus every single time you even think about casting a spell. It's fast to do, has a really short cooldown, and basically gives you 30% more mana to play with.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mzbundifund posted:

Uh, really?

What's the point of the perks then?

In vanilla merchants also wouldn't stock high-level magic if you weren't high enough level. You had to have level 40 illusion before you'd start seeing adept level illusion tomes. I guess Enderal doesn't have that feature then?

Books seem to be level gated instead of skill gated.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Zereth posted:

Speaking of loot placement oddities why does every searchable Skeleton (not the enemy type, the scenery) have an Iron Sword in its inventory?

EDIT: Also I am slightly annoyed that magic-focused armor sets tend to spread themselves out over every possible school of magic. Gloves? Elementalism and Mentalism! Hat? Entropy and Psionics!

Swords are a 1 use item in enderal. When you run someone through, you just leave it there and get a new one.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

Swords are a 1 use item in enderal. When you run someone through, you just leave it there and get a new one.

Where do you get a replacement you might ask? From the guy you just murdered, of course! He obviously hasn't used *his* sword yet.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Rhetoric helps with buying/selling prices, and gives you dialogue options for better/easier rewards.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Backhand posted:

So, without reading anything else in the thread.... I just started this mod and am.... eh.... a couple of hours in. It seems well done so far, but also very, very slow paced. I dunno, maybe I'm just getting older and am much less patient with my entertainment, but the game is kind of boring me thus far. I don't think it's bad, just having a hard time holding my interest. I am simply wondering, does it get more compelling, or kinda hold to this pacing? I don't know if I can maintain my attention as-is.

After the third time the game goes 'your dead, lol j/k' it opens up, but the lack of fast travel will mean you end up doing a LOT of walking. The bugginess and memory leaks ensure that you'll crash semi frequently while travelling, so save often. I"m making it sound worse than it really is, but it's all true. Enderal has some great design, but I won't accuse it of having great programming.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MrTheDevious posted:

There's a pair of mods on Nexus that re-enable fast travel and waiting. I would've quit an hour in without them. I hate tedious "realism" junk like that

oh snap. I can sort of deal with the lack of fast travel, but removing waiting is pure assholery. I need to get me some of that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I imagine waiting was removed so people don't just wait 1 hour between every battle to full heal and instead have to bring food and drink.

That's fine, but then they were total assholes and put in "wait till tomorrow" or "this can only be done at midnight" quests.

Also, I just installed a mod that provides no-heal waiting, so there was definitely a way to do this without being a total jerk. My beef with enderal (other than the lack of stability) is how many anti-player decisions seem to be hanging out in it.

e: At least there are no cliffracers.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 27, 2016

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I discovered that they removed the mechanic where you suddenly can't run any more when you go just 1 unit over your maximum carry limit.

Now you just can't move at all when you go over that limit!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Dragonwagon posted:

Lavender land is north of Ark. Happy harvesting!

Do you have mods installed or something? For me it just slows you down to walking speed.

Could be? IDK. I went over weight limit recently and it just slowed me down. I just need to assume that at any moment, the behavior I'm seeing is bugged.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'm so tired of being talked at.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

TorakFade posted:

I feel your pain, but at least this is a proper rpg, bethesda should hire these guys to make a decent story / world for once.

The story and writing is garbage, though.

I mean, I cut it some slack for being an amateur effort, but its lack of quality is compounded by how much they subject you to it, and how damned unskippable a lot of it is.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Set design is absolutely Enderal's strongest point.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Zereth posted:

Does it have anything like that long journey you took through some underground ruins in Nehrim? I remember that being really cool.

I never played Nehrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Agents are GO! posted:

Is there a mod that lets me play Enderal's plot and locations with the default Skyrim gameplay?

There's a mod that gives you fast travel back, and another that lets you wait without finding a bed.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Sean Payton must be fired.

• Locked thread