Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
joss whedon to this day insists that they completely changed his script for alien resurrection even though the final product has his "handiwork" all over it with all the loving "snarky" dialogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
joss whedon blamed a bad like of dialogue on the delivery of the actress and people took his side

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

a retard posted:

joss whedon to this day insists that they completely changed his script for alien resurrection even though the final product has his "handiwork" all over it with all the loving "snarky" dialogue

The Firefly crew is totally just a friendlier version of the Betty crew

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Peep the sequel I got coming out 2017, Cabin in the Hood

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I like how pissed off the scientist cult people get about the little Japanese girls beating their monster through like, Shinto and the power of friendship

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shakill OReal posted:

Peep the sequel I got coming out 2017, Cabin in the Hood

Hey now that would be dope. A log rear end cabin right in the hood. Backwoods and some Seagrams. :clint:

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
https://my.mixtape.moe/qsjzxh.mp4

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Remember when goons did cool and funny poo poo?
http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/everdraed-splicetube/1/

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Murphy Brownback posted:

It was actually poo poo as a horror movie. It barely worked as a comedy and the entire premise is "lol horror movies do this". The only good part was when they were messing with the gas station guy on the phone.

that was literally the dumbest part, so, your opinion has been categorized

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I just watched it follows with a group of people and I wanted to fuckin screeeAaam because I'm enjoying this genuinely creepy movie building a great atmosphere that had super good sound/music stuff and looked really cool but I kept getting sucked out of my enjoyable movie experience by the dumb ppl I was with who kept yelling that it was so slow and boring and stupid and aren't ppl supposed to be loving in this movie how come we haven't seen more tits?? why do they keep talking where are the TITS??? and I was sad :^(

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

a cool thing to do is look at an old goldmined thread and notice how over half the posters in each one got banned

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Minimalist Program posted:

I am so freaking scared because a big lizard is stomping around down town los angeles and not because global warming and the collapse of late-stage capitalism in the west is going to cause me to lose my job whilst millions of middle-eastern refugees swarm europe, effectively destroying every welfare state between here and turkey and ruining my children's ability to live a life that is even half as safe and comfortable as the one that I've known.

the real horror is that you were such a cowardly selfish sociopath that you brought children into that world out of your lizard-brain horror of dieing alone and being perceived by your idiot lizard-brain peers as incomplete, you fuckman

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
It's me me, I'm the happy frog Kiko's spirit lives on in.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

joss whedon blamed a bad like of dialogue on the delivery of the actress and people took his side

i feel like if there's an issue with an actress' delivery that's pretty much on the director

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

the real horror is that you were such a cowardly selfish sociopath that you brought children into that world out of your lizard-brain horror of dieing alone and being perceived by your idiot lizard-brain peers as incomplete, you fuckman

yeah this

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
It follows turned in to Scooby Doo Mysteries, I don't understand why people enjoyed it so much

Good soundtrack, though

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

this is the most ive ever watched of LOST

a new record

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The part where she made out with the deer head gave me a boner gently caress yeah.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
TCitW is a great movie...it has the Left4Dead bosses in it! Slither is great too. I want to watch another good spooky movie tonight. Please recommend.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Chris Hemsworth's death scene was hilarious.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

PyPy posted:

TCitW is a great movie...it has the Left4Dead bosses in it! Slither is great too. I want to watch another good spooky movie tonight. Please recommend.

prince of darkness

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

Chris Hemsworth's death scene was hilarious.

I was so busy feeling sorry for the people who worked in the facility that most of the "humor" in the rampage didn't land, but I'll admit the merman death scene made me laugh.

naem
May 29, 2011

KEVIN

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
When he drives the motorcycle into the inviso-wall. That was hella funny.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
The Witch and The Descent are pro tier horror movies

The Borderlands is a recent solid low budget found footage type that doesn't go where you think it does.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This thread reminded me of everdraed's splicetube so enjoy

http://everdraed.net/SA/fuckyou/FUCKYOU.html?v=eORnMWDI_F0

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Applewhite posted:

Frankly I'm surprised that none of the people at the facility were an appropriate substitute. There were more than a couple young people working there. Not a single one of them was a fool?

doesn't matter what you are. 'Virgin' chick was banging her professor. Dumb jock was smarter than all of them. It just mattered what role you'd been slotted into by the setup.

SUCH A SUBTLE MESSAGE JOSS

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

ElGroucho posted:

It follows turned in to Scooby Doo Mysteries, I don't understand why people enjoyed it so much

Good soundtrack, though

Yep. The wacky pool scene robbed the unknown horror of it's mystery and turned it into a toothless joke for the rest of the film.

Plus it'd be pretty easy just to fly to Asia, gently caress somebody, and fly back home. It'd take the monster years to walk across the bottom of the ocean to kill the guy and walk back, and then you just do it again.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Aug 16, 2016

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

PyPy posted:

The Grapes of Death. Great late 70s or maybe early 80s Jean Rollin movie set in French wine country where a toxic pesticide has turned wine drinkers into runny zombies

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

PyPy posted:

Not a movie, but Stranger Things on Netflix. Also, if you liked those two you should give Ash vs Evil Dead a shot. Some people are luke warm on it, but the more subtle humor that can get buried a bit by the over the top humor made me kinda love it.

*Oh. Tucker and Dale Vs Evil is also a solid funny/horror movie on Netflix.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'd just like to add that 2001 Maniacs is the best horror-comedy movie made in the past decade or two.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Frankenstyle posted:

Yep. The wacky pool scene robbed the unknown horror of it's mystery and turned it into a toothless joke for the rest of the film.

what? they still couldn't stop it.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Human centipede.
Being sewn to a guys rear end in a top hat is more horrifying than all old ones and star gods together.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Human centipede.
Being sewn to a guys rear end in a top hat is more horrifying than all old ones and star gods together.

That movie was so bad. It should have been a 30 minute short film or something. If it HAD to be made.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

That movie was so bad. It should have been a 30 minute short film or something. If it HAD to be made.

It should have been, yes.
At least theres 2 sequels trying to one-up the previous one each time.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Apparently youll strike gold if you just make your scary movie look and sound like the decade prior to your target audiences birth.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

lmao that grown-rear end adults who pay taxes and get cancer biopsies still talk about Cabin in the Woods as though it's a horror movie

I guess if it has the stink of Whedon on it it's automatically scary?

I don't care half the fun of liking this dumb comedy is the sound of prudes in the background trying to fist their mouths

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Groovelord Neato posted:

what? they still couldn't stop it.

If it was only visible / tangible to the person it was after it would have really driven home a sense of hopelessness and dread from being helpless and alone even in a crowded room. Not to mention the added isolation of having everyone who loves you totally disbelieve you're in danger from anything beyond your own seeming disconnect with reality. It's the target vs the monster, and the only weapon in your arsenal is a long term game of Keep Away that you can't keep playing forever.

The fact that she can just direct her friends to it so they can toss a blanket on it and say "Ha, there you are" and that they can actually impede it's progress diminishes the sense of inevitability and hopelessness the movie had established. At that point it's like, "Well next time why don't they splash it with paint and pin it to the wall with a fork lift?" It just undermined the movie and all it's metaphors as casually as Yukon Cornelius stealing the Abominable Snowman's teeth.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Frankenstyle posted:

If it was only visible / tangible to the person it was after it would have really driven home a sense of hopelessness and dread from being helpless and alone even in a crowded room. Not to mention the added isolation of having everyone who loves you totally disbelieve you're in danger from anything beyond your own seeming disconnect with reality. It's the target vs the monster, and the only weapon in your arsenal is a long term game of Keep Away that you can't keep playing forever.

The fact that she can just direct her friends to it so they can toss a blanket on it and say "Ha, there you are" and that they can actually impede it's progress diminishes the sense of inevitability and hopelessness the movie had established. At that point it's like, "Well next time why don't they splash it with paint and pin it to the wall with a fork lift?" It just undermined the movie and all it's metaphors as casually as Yukon Cornelius stealing the Abominable Snowman's teeth.

It was a metaphor for AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Applewhite posted:

It was a metaphor for AIDS.

Well yeah, and that scene trivializes it.

• Locked thread