Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Much less one that released the monsters into the facility? When would that ever be useful or desirable?

All the nightmare creatures in the world and the only safeguard is a flip cap over a switch and a big, red candy-like button. No key (or, better yet, dual key) safeguards or anything.

It's a wonder it took the SCP Foundation that long to get wiped out if they were that sloppy with security.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Kuato posted:

Its because you touch yourself at night, OP.

I need to stop doing that, it seems to be the source of most of the world's troubles.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shakill OReal posted:

If they didn't kill enough people the Ancients would rise and so they had a button to release monsters in to the facility because if all else fails people still need to die.

But the monsters killed everyone in the facility and the ancients still rose tho?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A Touch of Satan posted:

The ancients rose because the monsters failed to kill the one person they were supposed to.

Frankly I'm surprised that none of the people at the facility were an appropriate substitute. There were more than a couple young people working there. Not a single one of them was a fool?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

My guess for the purge button is that it would flood the cabin dome with monsters, definitelY killing the teenagers above ground.

But I think the stoner and the virgin broke the elevator by trying to control it? So the monsters got stopped up and overflowed the compound instead.

See, releasing all the monsters above ground would make tons more sense.

But even if the elevator thing were true. they only broke one and there were at least eight. Frankly, I don't see why the elevators full of monsters would even be capable of accessing the main facility.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Did they ever explain why "Upstairs" rerouted the tunnel collapse power?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

Chris Hemsworth's death scene was hilarious.

I was so busy feeling sorry for the people who worked in the facility that most of the "humor" in the rampage didn't land, but I'll admit the merman death scene made me laugh.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Frankenstyle posted:

If it was only visible / tangible to the person it was after it would have really driven home a sense of hopelessness and dread from being helpless and alone even in a crowded room. Not to mention the added isolation of having everyone who loves you totally disbelieve you're in danger from anything beyond your own seeming disconnect with reality. It's the target vs the monster, and the only weapon in your arsenal is a long term game of Keep Away that you can't keep playing forever.

The fact that she can just direct her friends to it so they can toss a blanket on it and say "Ha, there you are" and that they can actually impede it's progress diminishes the sense of inevitability and hopelessness the movie had established. At that point it's like, "Well next time why don't they splash it with paint and pin it to the wall with a fork lift?" It just undermined the movie and all it's metaphors as casually as Yukon Cornelius stealing the Abominable Snowman's teeth.

It was a metaphor for AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Actually the scariest and best horror movie of all time was The Exorcist.

• Locked thread