Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

well observed.

Here's your lovely EM 2016 Kicktipp ranking:

:siren: Kicktipp has been updated for 2016/17. :siren: As is tradition, we're skipping the first leg of the cup and I'll add the German UEFA games once the qualifiers are over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
good op, op

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

quote:

Liebe Fans,
bevor die Saison und die Länderspiele bald wieder starten, wollte ich euch etwas mitteilen: Ich habe dem Bundestrainer gesagt, dass ich ab sofort nicht mehr für die Nationalmannschaft spielen werde. Ich trete kürzer und widme mich mehr anderen Dingen. Am meisten natürlich meiner Familie. Ich bin sicher, dass sie sich nicht beschweren werden, wenn ich künftig mehr Zeit für sie habe. Und darauf freue ich mich sehr.
Die Entscheidung ist mir sehr schwer gefallen. Die Nationalmannschaft war für mich immer Herzenssache, und das wird sie auch immer bleiben. Ich habe aber nach der Euro/Urlaub gespürt, dass sich mein Fokus verschoben hat. Alles hat seine Zeit – und meine Zeit beim DFB ist vorbei.
Für mich ist dieser Abschied sehr emotional. Ich bin stolz darauf, was ich mit dem DFB erleben durfte. Nichts kann mir ersetzen, was mir die Zeit mit dem DFB-Team an Freude, Leidenschaft und Zusammenhalt gegeben hat. Vom zweijährigen polnischen Jungen, der quasi nur mit einem Ball unter dem Arm nach Deutschland kam, zum Weltmeister - das ist mehr, als ich mir erträumen konnte.
Mit dem DFB habe ich auf dem Platz große Erfolge gefeiert. Aber nicht nur das. Ich habe auf der ganzen Welt Länder und Städte gesehen, habe auch neben dem Platz viel erlebt. Ich habe tolle Menschen kennen gelernt und viele Freunde gefunden. Es war einfach gigantisch.
Danke an den DFB. Danke an das Team hinter dem Team! Danke an meine Mitspieler. Und Danke Trainer. Danke Rudi Völler. Danke Jürgen Klinsmann. Und ganz besonders: Danke Joachim Löw!
Der größte Dank gilt aber Euch: Ihr Fans habt immer zu mir gehalten, auch in schlechten Zeiten. Auf Euch konnte ich mich immer verlassen, die Verbindung zwischen mir und Euch war mir extrem wichtig. Wenn ich jetzt gehe, wird mir genau das am meisten fehlen: die Nähe zu Euch🙏🏻❤️ Ich hoffe, dass ich Euch ein Teil von dem zurückgeben konnte, was ich von Euch erhalten habe! Für alles: vielen Dank!
Ich wünsche der Nationalmannschaft eine erfolgreiche Zukunft - der Pott soll auch 2018 nach Deutschland gehen. Ich werde ab jetzt die Daumen drücken – als großer Fan dieses tollen Teams.
Machts gut! Es war mir eine Ehre!
Eure Nummer 10 Poldi 🏆⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ #danke

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
End of an Era, who else will be there to talk about how all the reporters sniff their own balls and give everyone a thumbs up.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Should've happened years ago, but better late than never I guess

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:thumbsup:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Dayum 129 caps

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
poo poo, that's more than Schweinsteiger. The mind boggles.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Rip in paradise Poldi. He's been useless for some time but I still found him remarkably likeable.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Meanwhile in Dortmund:

Reus hat Führerscheinprüfung bestanden

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

So he finally has reached the mental age of a 17yo :thumbsup:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Didn't see Aue was back in the 2. Bundesliga, now I have 4 teams to root down there. They won the prettiest logo in Bundesliga Manager Professional award so many years ago and have been a favorite ever since.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gomez is back in the BuLi

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Warm up the button friends.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015
I'm gonna be in Munich in March on a weekend that Bayern is playing at home. I would love to go, but Bayern's English website doesnt have any ticketing info and I cant figure out the funny German text with the strange mutant capital B's. Are single game tickets readily availible or should I not even bother?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Mutant...capital... Do you mean ß?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I agree with the OP, Switzerland banned those things and look at how well they're doing

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Can confirm living in an Eszett free country is great.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

poty posted:

I agree with the OP, Switzerland banned those things and look at how well they're doing

Yeah, and switzerland doing well certainly has nothing to do with all the gold they mysteriously acquired in the 40s. That all came from legitimate sources, you know.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

poty posted:

Excuse me, but did Switzerland win the World Cup? No? How well are they doing then?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

How can you ask that even in jest if Switzerland is the home of the loving FIFA itself lol

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

hopterque posted:

Yeah, and switzerland doing well certainly has nothing to do with all the money FIFA mysteriously acquired. That all came from legitimate sources, you know.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Well, if the money comes from illegitimate sources, the FIFA governing body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

hopterque posted:

Yeah, and switzerland doing well certainly has nothing to do with all the gold they mysteriously acquired in the 40s. That all came from legitimate sources, you know.

It's german gold? It came from Germany. Is Germany shady now?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

poty posted:

We, as Germans, should know, so yes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

poty posted:

Definitely yes.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
gently caress off, that is all

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

:tipshat:

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
When he was still working at the Titanic, Martin Sonneborn once called several Swiss banks, claiming to be a representative of the legal successor of the NSDAP and demanding the immediate return of the Nazi gold. The reactions were pretty funny, especially that one time when he quoted Hitler and said that he could conquer Switzerland with Constance's fire brigade.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Since I don't know if they have mobile coverage in Potsdam, let me say in advance that if anything funny happens or the TV shows someone really ugly: it me

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

I'm already doing slight lols at the potential upsets

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Leipzig Plastics are out, good times.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Tahirovic posted:

Leipzig Plastics are out, good times.

This!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Poor Viktoria but congrats Frankenfreak I guess, your lot barely scraped by

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

Poor Viktoria but congrats Frankenfreak I guess, your lot barely scraped by
I'm glad we did. I thought this had us going out written all over it even before the game, but somehow we made it through.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

frankenfreak posted:

I'm glad we did. I thought this had us going out written all over it even before the game, but somehow we made it through.

Weird as hell seeing you guys struggle while 60 do their thing and win in normal time against an evenly matched opponent.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

"Der Pokal hat seine eigenen Gesetze" - Albert Einstein.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Still Weltmeister

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
We did it, we won silver! :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

We did it, we won silver! :unsmith:

He said, Leverkusenishly

Seriously, Olympic football is a joke and the Brazilians were better. The German penos were garbage except for Brandt's (:cool:) while the Brazilians nailed all of them

• Locked thread