Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

various cheeses posted:

Station wagons. Maybe brand them as "estates" or "shooting brakes" like they do in Europe.

Yeah man wagons. Once upon a time I owned a 1974 AMC Hornet wagon, a 1985 AMC Eagle wagon (at the same time even) and then later a 1994 BMW 525i Wagon.

Maybe next year we'll pick up a Volvo V90, the only other full-size wagon you can get in the United States that isn't a Mercedes.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Rufus T. Turnbuckle posted:

I legit drive a Smart Car. Start making fun of me....

...now.

It's just as compact as a motorcycle and you'll never have to worry about anybody wanting to ride with you.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

gently caress yes, wagons.

My parents had a bright red W124 Mercedes wagon like in my last post. I loved that thing. It didn't have factory cupholders, so the previous owner installed these foldout ones on the doors. I always think of that car anytime I smell the "new car smell" for some reason.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Daily

recreational

Daily work vehicle

current offroad beater (on the left)

current project (old picture its red now and having a flat deck fitted)

Also have a 09 grand cherokee but that's the girlfriends driver I don't really use it often.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

...now.

I could never own you as much as life already has

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
How the gently caress do you afford all that poo poo driving a truck?

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Booblord Zagats posted:

I could never own you as much as life already has

It actually has a really great in-dash banana split holder

The best part about owning a Smart Car is the people at the bus stop at the end of the street who point and laugh at me while waiting for their bus.

Cyber Punk 90210 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 17, 2016

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

notZaar posted:

Driving a truck pays decently if you have lots of qualifications. The other trick is to pay cash for 3 year old used vehicles. I'd never buy any of those vehicles new, except the Wildcat I purchased new but it was 2014 new old stock and was $9000 off the 2016 models.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

2012 Shelby GT500 and 2014 Accord Hybrid. Hoping to buy a Ford Raptor or Toyota 4Runner or something soon.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

jonathan posted:

current project (old picture its red now and having a flat deck fitted)

:stwoon:

naem
May 29, 2011

Honda is bringing the hatchback type-R in the U.S. finally, I will def not be buying one

also they're making a regular civic hatchback which looks ok sure this is a car

I'm hoping they do a "halfway between these two" that has like a spoiler and the brakes have that thing where they are bright colored and you can see them through the rimz®™ and the engine makes a pretty good vroom noise for like $22,000 that would be fine I guess, slightly more fun that a corolla although you can drive a corolla for like 10 years

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

...now.

If you live in a major European city I can understand owning one, but in the US it's loving pointless.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Infidel Castro posted:

If you live in a major European city I can understand owning one, but in the US it's loving pointless.

To elaborate it's specifically pointless because you can not point nose-in here when parking, you have to parallel park and a lot of places have specific-sized spots so the extra shortness doesn't actually matter. Plus afaik we only get the premium powered versions here in the US which means you pay more for a smaller car that uses more fuel than something cheaper.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

naem posted:

Honda is bringing the hatchback type-R in the U.S. finally, I will def not be buying one

also they're making a regular civic hatchback which looks ok sure this is a car

I'm hoping they do a "halfway between these two" that has like a spoiler and the brakes have that thing where they are bright colored and you can see them through the rimz®™ and the engine makes a pretty good vroom noise for like $22,000 that would be fine I guess, slightly more fun that a corolla although you can drive a corolla for like 10 years

lol even the GT-R has been sold in USA for well over 5yrs now and finally they want to bring an ugly turbo hatch to the party with Type R slapped on the back? go gently caress urself Honda...no wait u already did :smug:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i drive my dick straight into op's mom's gaping vagine

it really gets me from point A to point B and beyond if you get what i'm puting out

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

thathonkey posted:

i drive my dick straight into op's mom's gaping vagine

it really gets me from point A to point B and beyond if you get what i'm puting out

Point A to point V.

naem
May 29, 2011

Mariana Horchata posted:

lol even the GT-R has been sold in USA for well over 5yrs now and finally they want to bring an ugly turbo hatch to the party with Type R slapped on the back? go gently caress urself Honda...no wait u already did :smug:

See I'm hoping it's a really good car but doesn't sell so I can go get one cheap yay capitalism

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i drive an 09 4door toyota tacoma. it owns

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

notZaar posted:

dude a non lazy smart trucker can make like a quarter mil a year

E: and he drives tanker which has an even huger payout

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Point A to point V.

*begins to nod thoughtfully*

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

jonathan posted:

Daily work vehicle

The tiny sleeper boxes on the old Petes look so uncomfortable for anybody over 5'5".

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

panascope posted:

The tiny sleeper boxes on the old Petes look so uncomfortable for anybody over 5'5".

i feel like we share a lot of knowledge

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
2006 supercharged cooper s
it's fun to drive and chicks dig it

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I get whatever piece of poo poo I can get for practically free, drive it into the ground over the course of 4 or 5 years, and then repeat the process.

Yup, my 95 Taurus was $700 plus $350 in tires, been going strong for two years now.

Mine has sweet wheel covers, shittier paint and 142k on the transmission (which I baby like a decrepit old man.)

unbuttonedclone fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 18, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

I drive a rubicon, op. Thanks for reading.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Cartouche posted:

I drive a rubicon, op. Thanks for reading.

Thanks for posting! :)

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE KEYS INTO THE IGNITION. ITS A 1999 ISUZU RODEO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START STEERING THE WHEEL FOR THE CAR, RODEO. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKING REVVING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN THE ACCELERATOR OR EVEN WHEN I CUT THE TRAILOR WRONG. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY PULLED A 4,000 LB LOAD WITH A CAR NOT RATED FOR THAT. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERY DAY TO PEOPLE IN MY VILLAGE GROCERS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN A SMALL RURAL VILLAGE CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. 2 HOURS PLUS OIL CHANGE EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE KEYS INTO THE IGNITION. ITS A 1999 ISUZU RODEO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START STEERING THE WHEEL FOR THE CAR, RODEO. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKING REVVING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN THE ACCELERATOR OR EVEN WHEN I CUT THE TRAILOR WRONG. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY PULLED A 4,000 LB LOAD WITH A CAR NOT RATED FOR THAT. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERY DAY TO PEOPLE IN MY VILLAGE GROCERS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN A SMALL RURAL VILLAGE CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. 2 HOURS PLUS OIL CHANGE EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT.

yeah lift another quart of oil into your engine because it's all burned off from the day before lmao get it

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

naem posted:

If this stirs Mazda's competitive spirit to resurrect the Speed3 then I'm all for it.

It probably won't though :smith:

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Jealous, bitches?

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Professor of Cats posted:

Jealous, bitches?

absolutely.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Zippy the Bummer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRnT-TklALk

:q:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Jealous, bitches?

unironically yes, that's pretty neat my dude

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I had a '99 Rodeo in '05, it was nice for the few months it ran.

naem
May 29, 2011

Fabulousity posted:

If this stirs Mazda's competitive spirit to resurrect the Speed3 then I'm all for it.

It probably won't though :smith:

Japanese budget cars have mostly tried to go faux-lux rather than sporty for some reason. Budget sporty seems a lot more fun to me personally.

I just don't want to have to make a car payment ever again

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

It isn't a big deal that they don't make cheap sporty cars really anymore. You can just buy older sports cars for cheap instead, and frankly many of them look a whole lot better than a modern car is even allowed to look due to safety regulations (pop-up headlight for example). They are also typically cheaper and easier to work on yourself.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Jealous, bitches?

Yeah, this is cool af

various cheeses posted:

Also you know what I'd like to see make a comeback?

Station wagons. Maybe brand them as "estates" or "shooting brakes" like they do in Europe.

The name 'shooting brake' refers to cars with box back ends and 2 doors, because 2 doors is the superior amount, because who gives a gently caress if the people who want to get in the back are uncomfortable climbing in? But yes, estates are badass and so are shooting brakes, it's a shame there's so many stupid SUV/CUV things on the roads these days.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

88h88 posted:

Yeah, this is cool af

The name 'shooting brake' refers to cars with box back ends and 2 doors, because 2 doors is the superior amount, because who gives a gently caress if the people who want to get in the back are uncomfortable climbing in? But yes, estates are badass and so are shooting brakes, it's a shame there's so many stupid SUV/CUV things on the roads these days.

I've never owned a car with more than two doors or automatic. :hfive:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I drove a xj220 and a ae86 Corolla the other day suck my dick :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

various cheeses posted:

I've never owned a car with more than two doors or automatic. :hfive:

Heck yes buuuuuuuuuuuuddy

Bape Culture posted:

I drove a xj220 and a ae86 Corolla the other day suck my dick :twisted:

Is it wrong that I have a bigger hardon for the 86 than the 220? One day I want an 86. In proper panda attire.

Also where are the photos of the 220?

• Locked thread