Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i own a 2009 toyota camry, basically the definition of a coldass whip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
'16 Ford Fiesta ST and a '87 Honda XL250R, had a Miata too but sold it off a few weeks ago

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I have no need for a 4-door midsize sedan, but the lease was super cheap, I'm in my 30's, and it draws zero attention from the police. It's full of garbage and I think I've washed it 12 times in 2 years. About the only nice thing I do for it is put synthetic oil in it on time.

It also has a Steeda airbox because *turbo noises*.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 17, 2016

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

notZaar posted:

I thought he was talking about the Porsche suv that trashy suburban moms drive, it's my bad.

SUVs should all be crushed into cubes

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
A pink fagmobile where the gearstick is another mans cock

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

88h88 posted:

A 1988 Toyota Supra. It has no cup holders at all but does have an ash tray in the front that's the size of a VHS tape because obviously you're supposed to be chainsmoking whilst driving it :clint:

nice

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

Bape Culture posted:

A stupid m3 with a roll cage and a v8 and stupid aero. Think of it as an incredibly intricate and elaborate suicide

No love for the honest response.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Cubey posted:

between the beat, the cappuccino and the az-1, japan made some really hilarious, dumb cars back then. driving them on an american highway would probably be absolutely terrifying tho.
The ~ABCs~ are so loving cool though I want them all. Heck even the Cappuccino and AZ-1 at least share the same engine so I can save on importing air filters!
I don't even think about taking my van on the highway, especially around here. I will tho take my AZ-1 on it and be cool as heck dodging giant SUVs filled with old ladies w/ pretty hair and everyone from New York and Canada come snowbird season.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

88h88 posted:

A 1988 Toyota Supra. It has no cup holders at all but does have an ash tray in the front that's the size of a VHS tape because obviously you're supposed to be chainsmoking whilst driving it :clint:

I miss the good ol boxy late 80s early 90s styling. I wish I got an NSX back in the day.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

various cheeses posted:

Sorry I like to see over traffic a little bit. Also gently caress you.

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
Went from an old man's car (Buick) to another old man car last month. I'm old.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

humpthewind posted:

Sorry I like to see over traffic a little bit. Also gently caress you.

Just for that, you will become one with your cube

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I drive a Dodge Stratus!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
Depends which day you ask me on OP

Edit: today I'm driving my cock into my fist.
I'm too drunk to drive a car, you see

Automatic Retard fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 17, 2016

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Automatic vs manual retardation

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i thought about buying an automatic since i mostly just use my car for my commute but it adds like £1k onto the price here

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Automatic is for weak children who cannot handle the might of the automobile on their own, and require an electronic nanny to choose and shift to the appropriate gears. You are better than that op.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cubey posted:

between the beat, the cappuccino and the az-1, japan made some really hilarious, dumb cars back then. driving them on an american highway would probably be absolutely terrifying tho.

They were all made to fit within regulations about parking in cities, if you had a normal sized car you had to have a specific parking space for it. Kei cars were cars anyone could own regardless of parking spaces so they became a thing. And it was great. :3:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

88h88 posted:

They were all made to fit within regulations about parking in cities, if you had a normal sized car you had to have a specific parking space for it. Kei cars were cars anyone could own regardless of parking spaces so they became a thing. And it was great. :3:

Yeah and like I already mentioned before (god I love kei cars) there are engine size and horsepower requirements too. You can put the engine anywhere, you can make any type of vehicle, but it has to be only so big (less than 10~ or so feet long, less than 4.5~ or so feet wide), be at or under 660 cc and have at or under 64 HP. This might be different now but since we (here in the US anyway) have to wait 25 years before we can import not-meant-for-the-US-market cars I only care about the early 90s atm.
Also one time at a Cars and Coffee I parked my Honda Acty next to an NSX and the NSX guy didn't think it was funny at all. I didn't even get to explain to him that we both had mid-engined Hondas before he left and how cool and unique that is, lmao @ that guy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I drive a Pontiac Vibe. It's an okay car!

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

My grandparents had something similar to the Acty van. We'd fit 7 people in there and go on day trips into the mountains.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
my wife drive a euro spec Copen (1.3 engine instead of the 600cc Japanese import) and it owns bones.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KakerMix posted:

Yeah and like I already mentioned before (god I love kei cars) there are engine size and horsepower requirements too. You can put the engine anywhere, you can make any type of vehicle, but it has to be only so big (less than 10~ or so feet long, less than 4.5~ or so feet wide), be at or under 660 cc and have at or under 64 HP. This might be different now but since we (here in the US anyway) have to wait 25 years before we can import not-meant-for-the-US-market cars I only care about the early 90s atm.
Also one time at a Cars and Coffee I parked my Honda Acty next to an NSX and the NSX guy didn't think it was funny at all. I didn't even get to explain to him that we both had mid-engined Hondas before he left and how cool and unique that is, lmao @ that guy.

I know a guy who's just bought an Acty and it is dope. Not been for a spin yet though!

I also know a guy with an NSX and he'd find the mid engined Honda thing pretty funny so lol at the guy you found. What a dick.

And I also share you love of kei cars, AZ-1 is the ultimate but I'd certainly settle for a Beat, Cappucino, Copen. I do desperately want one of these though, Daihatsu Mira walkthrough van

:3: :3: :3:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Haha holy crap this guy sucks

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I get whatever piece of poo poo I can get for practically free, drive it into the ground over the course of 4 or 5 years, and then repeat the process.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

various cheeses posted:

Automatic is for weak children who cannot handle the might of the automobile on their own, and require an electronic nanny to choose and shift to the appropriate gears. You are better than that op.

:yeah:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

various cheeses posted:

My car is just a tool to get me from where I am to where I want to go so I'm glad car companies make them as easy and mindless to use as possible :)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Not nearly as cool as kei cars but the Mazda 5 is cute- it looks like someone pointed a shrink ray at a normal minivan

It even has tiny sliding rear doors

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
I usually take the monorail.

B.t.w.:

Mono = one
Rail = rail

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SouthLAnd posted:

I have no need for a 4-door midsize sedan, but the lease was super cheap, I'm in my 30's, and it draws zero attention from the police. It's full of garbage and I think I've washed it 12 times in 2 years. About the only nice thing I do for it is put synthetic oil in it on time.

It also has a Steeda airbox because *turbo noises*.

The Fusion is a far nicer and beautifulcar than 25k should be able to buy, but until it comes in RWD or AWD it will still be garbage

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

The Fusion is a far nicer and beautifulcar than 25k should be able to buy, but until it comes in RWD or AWD it will still be garbage

It is available with AWD with the 2.0 ecoboost and standard on the 2017 Sport model, which also has a twin turbo V6 with 325hp/380tq.

It's not really a performance oriented setup like the Focus RS though, still FWD biased.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 17, 2016

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

various cheeses posted:

My grandparents had something similar to the Acty van. We'd fit 7 people in there and go on day trips into the mountains.
I've fit 6 people in mine once but that was completely full, the back cargo area and the seats and everything. Where did you fit 7? Did you have a little person in there with you?

Obscuritatem posted:

my wife drive a euro spec Copen (1.3 engine instead of the 600cc Japanese import) and it owns bones.

Super jelly, we get absolutely nothing like that in the US because people like that one guy is all like 'I LIKE TO SEE ABOVE THE TRAFFIC' yeah it doesn't work that way when everyone else has an SUV too! Besides SUVs are the station wagons of today complete with mom-car status, or a lifted hatchback complete with the lack of room because they insist on lifting the bottom of the thing higher off the ground for reasons I can not understand. People can and should buy what they want but I'll mock them forever when they do it.

88h88 posted:

I know a guy who's just bought an Acty and it is dope. Not been for a spin yet though!

I also know a guy with an NSX and he'd find the mid engined Honda thing pretty funny so lol at the guy you found. What a dick.

And I also share you love of kei cars, AZ-1 is the ultimate but I'd certainly settle for a Beat, Cappucino, Copen. I do desperately want one of these though, Daihatsu Mira walkthrough van

:3: :3: :3:

Yes yes yess good. I was actually looking for a Turbo Aero-tune Carry kei van but they are super hard to find in general let alone in good enough shape worthy enough to import.

and I imagine your Mira walkthrough is going to be just as hard if not harder to find. I want all the kei cars but I won't really be able to justify two of the things (my van and the AZ-1 because I am dead-set on getting one).

For anyone else that is in the US and maybe wants to look at getting a kei car because you are cool as all hell there are lots of places to get them, mostly they are centered around importing Nissan Skylines as the desirable ones have started to become legal. https://www.japaneseclassics.com/ is where I got my van from and it was super easy, low key and not too expensive although you are at the mercy of wanting a very specific and super niche vehicle so you will pay more for it. Like check out this loving thing. They also have a couple of Beats and some Actys and a Carry. If you are into bikes you can get some wicked cool Japanese-only sportbikes because they too have the same 25 year restriction.

fake edit
Places like Japanese Classics do the importing for you so its 100% legal in the United States. I got the vehicle with a Virginia Title and went to my DMV and transferred it over to my state, plated it, and then wrestled trying to find insurance :v

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 17, 2016

naem
May 29, 2011

My elderly VW starts every time I go move it for street cleaning day, the only time I drive

I plan to have enough in savings to buy a reliable Japanese made car for cash if I need to replace it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I do around 30k miles p/a mixed between business and personal. It's nice to be somewhere comfortable that can cruise at 90mph but also gives you a poo poo eating grin when you wind the windows down through a tunnel and gun it through the gears like a club footed twat. loving love this wee bastard.

Those were immediate post-purchase photos. I've since had the paint and upholstery sorted and she's a beaut, the paint (stratus grey) is divine. The best bit is I get to drive like an absolute arsehole because it's a BMW and thus, gently caress you.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SouthLAnd posted:

It is available with AWD with the 2.0 ecoboost and standard on the 2017 Sport model, which also has a twin turbo V6 with 325hp/380tq.

It's not really a performance oriented setup like the Focus RS though, still FWD biased.

That's actually pretty cool. An SHO AWD Fusion would probably make me start planning on my next car purchase

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

various cheeses posted:

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
I legit drive a Smart Car. Start making fun of me....

...now.

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013

Rufus T. Turnbuckle posted:

I legit drive a Smart Car. Start making fun of me....

...now.

Dumb Car

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

various cheeses posted:

:greencube:

Already cubed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

KakerMix posted:

I've fit 6 people in mine once but that was completely full, the back cargo area and the seats and everything. Where did you fit 7? Did you have a little person in there with you?

Super jelly, we get absolutely nothing like that in the US because people like that one guy is all like 'I LIKE TO SEE ABOVE THE TRAFFIC' yeah it doesn't work that way when everyone else has an SUV too! Besides SUVs are the station wagons of today complete with mom-car status, or a lifted hatchback complete with the lack of room because they insist on lifting the bottom of the thing higher off the ground for reasons I can not understand. People can and should buy what they want but I'll mock them forever when they do it.

Yes yes yess good. I was actually looking for a Turbo Aero-tune Carry kei van but they are super hard to find in general let alone in good enough shape worthy enough to import.

and I imagine your Mira walkthrough is going to be just as hard if not harder to find. I want all the kei cars but I won't really be able to justify two of the things (my van and the AZ-1 because I am dead-set on getting one).

My sister was a baby at the time, and would sit in the back row of seats with my mom and grandmother. I used to see a ton of sick Skylines back in the day too, back when the tuner market was big in Japan and the USA.

Also you know what I'd like to see make a comeback?

Station wagons. Maybe brand them as "estates" or "shooting brakes" like they do in Europe.

• Locked thread