Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
They have absolutely dominated, should have scored a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Stepped out for a second and fully expected this score line to be reversed. Nice.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Woodenlung posted:

They have absolutely dominated, should have scored a few.

Inter proves you don't have to win to have dominated but they have dominated.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hiljemark trying to assist Inter there.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Icardi lol.

I wish he and Mitrovic were better forwards, because I would love to see them at Chelsea with Costa. But they are a bit poo poo.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Said that too quickly.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Heh

That defending though...shameful to leave Icardi unmarked like that, despite the really good cross.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Santon stealing the ball through the opposing players leg was great.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gigi Galli posted:

Palermo seem bad. Inter seem worse.

I'm okay with this, and the result. Enough draws and we might stay up!!!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Diego Pen-otti

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So our new Columbian just scored

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Strootman getting a goal is good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Belotti just had another penalty saved lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ahahaha Roma is so poo poo

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

New season, same resting heartrate of 125 BPM. Good result, blessed international break, lol @ Roma and Inter.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

trem_two posted:

Inter: still poo poo

good

also, is there a reason to doubt that juventus will win this year too?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cippalippus posted:

good

No, kiss the rings.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Lord Padoin and the boys, sticking it to Roma just like always

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

No, kiss the rings.

This is just what I thought.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Cippalippus posted:

Lmfao.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
19 teams are going to finish behind the team with a 98 million dollar guy that weighs 420 lbs

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I can't find a clip online that doesn't look like it was recorded on a potato, but Berardi's goal had really impressive technique. Worth watching.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Spalletti's reaction to Cagliari's equalizer was great

https://twitter.com/PagineRomaniste/status/770015906349080576/video/1

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

This misses the best part where he's rubbing his head like he has hair for 30 seconds

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

Spalletti is a shithouse manager, I don't expect him to do anything notable with Roma, and I look forward to his sacking.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cippalippus posted:

good

gently caress!

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

abuse culture. posted:

19 teams are going to finish behind the team with a 98 million dollar guy that weighs 420 lbs

It's fun because it's true

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Here is Ventura's first Italy squad:

Portieri: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Federico Marchetti (Lazio).

Difensori: Luca Antonelli (Milan), Davide Astori (Fiorentina), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Mattia De Sciglio (Milan), Angelo Obinze Ogbonna (West Ham), Alessio Romagnoli (Milan), Daniele Rugani (Juventus).

Centrocampisti: Federico Bernardeschi (Fiorentina), Giacomo Bonaventura (Milan), Antonio Candreva (Inter), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Riccardo Montolivo (Milan), Marco Parolo (Lazio), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint Germain).

Attaccanti: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Eder Citadin Martins (Inter), Manolo Gabbiadini (Napoli), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Leonardo Pavoletti (Genoa), Graziano Pelle’ (Shandong Luneng).

Romagnoli and Donnarumma have made the jump from the under 21 side. Still missing Marchisio to injury, and shithouse Montolivo is somehow in. Good to see Belotti in there on his current form. The formation is expected to remain the same as Conte's, which is good since that was what Ventura played at Torino as well.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Berardi was injured against Pescara and will miss the game against.....Juve, of course.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Here is Ventura's first Italy squad:

Portieri: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Federico Marchetti (Lazio).

Difensori: Luca Antonelli (Milan), Davide Astori (Fiorentina), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Mattia De Sciglio (Milan), Angelo Obinze Ogbonna (West Ham), Alessio Romagnoli (Milan), Daniele Rugani (Juventus).

Centrocampisti: Federico Bernardeschi (Fiorentina), Giacomo Bonaventura (Milan), Antonio Candreva (Inter), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Riccardo Montolivo (Milan), Marco Parolo (Lazio), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint Germain).

Attaccanti: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Eder Citadin Martins (Inter), Manolo Gabbiadini (Napoli), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Leonardo Pavoletti (Genoa), Graziano Pelle’ (Shandong Luneng).

Romagnoli and Donnarumma have made the jump from the under 21 side. Still missing Marchisio to injury, and shithouse Montolivo is somehow in. Good to see Belotti in there on his current form. The formation is expected to remain the same as Conte's, which is good since that was what Ventura played at Torino as well.

Just seems so weird to see an Italy squad--or just about any Euro international squad--with a player who plays for a Chinese club.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

Just seems so weird to see an Italy squad--or just about any Euro international squad--with a player who plays for a Chinese club.

It is, but thinking about how that formation works, there isn't really any room for wide playing forwards like Insigne, Berardi or El Shaarawy. I can't think of any real target or central strikers that would be worth having over him.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Simone Poodoin posted:

lol Romagnoli, can't wait to see Tiziano's reaction to all of this

Guess what I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUvNvODMeFM

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Poor Tiziano, he's going to die early from all this screaming.

Canepazzo and Soulex, what do you guys think of Jojo coming back? Looks like it might actually be happening.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

With our track record with injuries and strikers, I'm not for it

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

Bullshit, this isn't Spalletti
The real Spalletti just sits and stares into the floor for the entire game

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

How quickly we forget that Spalletti turned that Roma side completely around last season. The players have nobody to blame but themselves. De Rossi in particular has been loving shameful lately.

Completely unrelated, Cassano has totally broken with Sampdoria and Ferrero in particular. I would love to see Balotelli and him somehow end up in Palermo.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

How quickly we forget that Spalletti turned that Roma side completely around last season. The players have nobody to blame but themselves. De Rossi in particular has been loving shameful lately.

Maybe so, but don't forget Garcia did a very similar thing and was also regarded as the next big thing.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Funny how history repeats itself. Spalletti's downfall in Russia was basically entirely the fault of the players (all of whom were kicked out of the club shortly after). The only thing that was on Spalletti was the players consistently making GBS threads their pants in the Champions League away games (all of them, be it Atletico or Porto or loving APOEL)

That said, it took a lot longer than it did now.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Derby Della Mole just got more interesting. Joe Hart to Torino of all loving places is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Jovetic to Fiorentina might not happen after all; if he does come, I think it'd be a net gain over Rossi, while still being a very injury-prone player (more muscular short term injuries than Rossi year long absences, but it adds up quickly). I think overall I'd be happy.

• Locked thread