Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Sandwolf posted:

Didn't Torino lose Glik as well? I feel like that could impact their strength in the back.

They did. He's gone off to Monaco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Has Milik been found out as a fraud yet? I haven't had the time to watch the game.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

canepazzo posted:

He played roughly 40 mins and was subbed in at the same time as Mertens; it was the dutchman who salvaged a 0-2 loss to Pescara starting from the bench (and letting Sarri know what he thought of the benching, very clearly). I'd give Milik some time to adapt but his first impact wasn't that good tbh.

Cheers. All's right with the world then. Looking forward to his loan come December.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
It seems this weekend the Polish frauds are out in force.

e: Honestly, I fully expected him to miss. He would have had this been a national team game.

mackintosh fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 27, 2016

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
loving hell, this is infuriating, I'm going to watch something else

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

If Milik had buried that it would've been insanely good. What a set of passes.

GD, please

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

MrKonarski posted:

The fact that Palermo can take thrash players out of the poo poo tier leagues and manage to not get relegated is beyond me.
I'm looking at a Serie D team clowning Napoli's offence.

In fairness, Napoli's offence includes Milik and Zielinski.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I watched the last 15 minutes and I'm glad to see that unlike Lewandowski, Milik and Zielinski are maintaining their national team form.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
lmao, Milik is a garbage wasteman who gets lucky once in a blue moon, even Jozy and Memphis were good in the Eredivise

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PEZnBWDUlc

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
How is match fixing in the Serie A these days?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

Mostly limited to Berardi playing against Juventus and end of the season matches at the bottom of the table I think.

I'm surprised this hasn't been dealt with. Even our league is clean now.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

canepazzo posted:

Looks like Napoli's Milik might have also torn his ACL - that's really really lovely for them after losing Higuain, and probably makes Juventus's 76th scudetto in a row that much easier.

Polish media seem to confirm this, he's going to be out for a long, long while.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
The new Juve logo (because you can't call that piece of poo poo a crest) is a joke and a travesty and hell, I am glad, sempre Juve merda

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Agreed, I'm quite fond of AC Milan. Still remember Savicević running riot and merking Zubizarreta to prove once and for all what a fail turd fraud he was. As was the entire Farcelona. That game scarred Pep for life and it's probably haunting him to this day.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Any realistic chance Juve merda might still let the title slip?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
sempre Juve merda, but congrats

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I remember watching him when he was starting out at Parma. Dear Lord, seems like a whole lifetime ago. In that time I managed to live in two countries, graduate university, get married and semi-retire. I've also just realised that we were both born in 1978. drat.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I've seen this mentioned in our papers as well, but I can't quite believe it. It seems insane to go to a club to be a nailed on bench warmer. A very odd choice to say the least. Then again, it's obvious Arsene doesn't want him back, and there are very few clubs willing to shell out Arsenal's asking price or his wages. It's better to be a backup to Buffon than playing reserves in a third rate English club.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

Out of the three who do you rate? Sczc, Fabianski or Skorupski?

It's actually very difficult to rate them. Fabiański has consistency on his side. He's predictable and capable. You expect him to save everything that a good keeper would save. Szczęsny isn't particularly consistent, but he's a miracle worker. He's very much like young Boruc was. On a good day his goal is impenetrable. He'll save seemingly unstoppable shots and single-handedly win the game. But then he'll commit a monumental blunder and ruin everything in the very next game. Skorupski is somewhere in between these two. I still rate Fabianski first, with Sczęsny and Skorupski a close second. Szczęsny still needs to work on his consistency. He's slowly getting there though. Perhaps a stint as Buffon's back up would do him well. Skorupski needs a transfer to a better side to really test his mettle.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
This certainly is an interesting contemporary twist on handing in a transfer request/announcing early retirement.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
That logo is a joke. Much like the club.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Looks I'm going to be joining you lot in watching this highly unpredictable and exciting league on account of you fuckers stealing all our gifted kids.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
That really seems like a boneheaded move. Maybe this is the season when someone else finally wins it. Wouldn't that be something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
So I've heard. Can't wait for us to get eliminated in the next CL qualifier so that we can sell him at a loss come winter. I'll have one more reason to shout "Juve merda".

• Locked thread