Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

'Bout drat time Serie A is back.

Just remember, friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odZeT8T88f8

(Also if Napoli ends up signing Icardi--which they might, though Inter keeps jacking up the price--I will firmly be on Team Maurito/Wandita and will drive like this at all times:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Roma just can't buy a goal.

Plus it looks like the curva boycott is still going on--isn't it not because of the team, but because of a stadium safety measure that split the curva into two sections?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

an old quote from the beginning:

Hopefully when they build the new stadium they can run their own security and not make it such a debacle.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Can I just say: gently caress Inter

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I for one have always believed in Arkadiusz Milik

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Here is Ventura's first Italy squad:

Portieri: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Federico Marchetti (Lazio).

Difensori: Luca Antonelli (Milan), Davide Astori (Fiorentina), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Mattia De Sciglio (Milan), Angelo Obinze Ogbonna (West Ham), Alessio Romagnoli (Milan), Daniele Rugani (Juventus).

Centrocampisti: Federico Bernardeschi (Fiorentina), Giacomo Bonaventura (Milan), Antonio Candreva (Inter), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Riccardo Montolivo (Milan), Marco Parolo (Lazio), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint Germain).

Attaccanti: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Eder Citadin Martins (Inter), Manolo Gabbiadini (Napoli), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Leonardo Pavoletti (Genoa), Graziano Pelle’ (Shandong Luneng).

Romagnoli and Donnarumma have made the jump from the under 21 side. Still missing Marchisio to injury, and shithouse Montolivo is somehow in. Good to see Belotti in there on his current form. The formation is expected to remain the same as Conte's, which is good since that was what Ventura played at Torino as well.

Just seems so weird to see an Italy squad--or just about any Euro international squad--with a player who plays for a Chinese club.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Simone Poodoin posted:

lol Romagnoli, can't wait to see Tiziano's reaction to all of this

Guess what I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUvNvODMeFM

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Inter can't play Jovetic, Kondogbia, or either of their new signings Joao Mario and Gabigol in Europe because of FFP.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ferrero's got some, shall we say, choice words for Antonio Cassano

quote:

“He is not a very intelligent person,” slammed President Ferrero on Rete Sport.

“Evidently he decided to make himself into a sacrificial lamb. He must’ve said to himself: ‘I am Cassano, a great player who gave so much to football, so if I stand here and train alone then someone will talk about me.’

“Maybe he also thought: ‘If I actually play, then will they stop talking about me?’ He behaved very badly, so now it’s only right he stays there and reflects on the situation.

“I was prepared to pay his entire wages if he went to Entella. He could’ve ended his career on a high, maybe taking them into Serie A, but he turned me down. I spoke to him twice, then gave up.

“When Antonio argued with our lawyer Romei, I said we’d write a letter of dismissal and he gave me his word of honour that he’d leave. Instead, nothing.

“Tough, he’ll spend a year under a duvet and train wearing socks.”

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

There's rumors floating around that Frank de Boer is going to get sacked if he doesn't have at least a draw v Juve this weekend.

(Also, La Gazzetta's English site is down right now if any of you guys read that, but there's a message saying they're going to be back soon with an expanded English-language section.)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Soulex posted:

Thanks. Yeah I'm gonna try to get to the point where the family and I only speak Italian on the weekends or something. And eventually do that with Albanian.

I might be going to Italy soon but not in a good way. Father in Law was just diagnosed with lung cancer. He has tumors on both lungs and had trouble breathing. The sick part, is that he could have come in a year ago and almost guaranteed walking away alive. Now he has a 30% survival rate. Poor gently caress doesn't even know. He thinks it's an infection.

So, might be going to Italy soon :negative:

Our condolences and best wishes to your FIL.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

where's mackintosh, the polack joke (not to be confused with the polish fraud) just scored again

e: and another one!

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 17, 2016

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Never, ever change, Italian newspaper headlines when Juve lose:

Gazzetta--"INTER GO CRAZY: With Super Mauro, Juve knocked off 2-1"
Corriere--"INTER CELEBRATE, NAPOLI GO TOP: What a wild Sunday for the Serie A table"
Tuttosport--"YOU LOST THIS ONE, ALLEGRI: Higuain on the bench, Pjanic as regista, Asamoah starting (and oh, those transfers!)"

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 19, 2016

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I admit, I laughed at the Viola player picking up the ball for a throw-in before, you know, the ball fully crossed the line to go into touch

e: nice reception from Carlos Bacca, good to see Milan pick up the first down there (yeah, it was because Niang went down hurt but still)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Maurito just signed a new deal: €5.5mm/year (that's €185k per week if you want it expressed British-style), release clause of €110mm, 50/50 split of image rights between him and Inter. He's now the 3rd highest paid player in Serie A, behind Higuain (€7.5mm/year) and De Rossi (€6.8mm).

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Soulex posted:

What is a green card?

It's a thing Serie B introduced this year to reward acts of good sportsmanship on the pitch. The team/player with the most green cards at the end of the season get cash prizes.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

It's 1am in Australia and here I am watching Napoli vs. Roma on a Saturday gently caress me.

Anyway I got a tenner on Roma, bring on Totti!

Would you accept an Edin Dzeko?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

gently caress YEAH CAGLIARI

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dzeko is back, everyone.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

I honestly hope there's no idiocy today, and I'm surprised that the game is on late rather than early. Guess the police in Naples (lmao) don't care.

Also of loving course the game is only on streaming in the US, because Barcelona is playing at the same time against the team that's dead last in La Liga and BeIn just has to show another MAGISTERIAL 9-0 shitkicking.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

There aren't many good things about Inter, but two of them are their strip and that "Amala" is a loving banger.

There, I said something nice about Inter, the shower of fucks.

e: The cute blonde on BeIN got a haircut and honestly it doesn't work for her

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 20, 2016

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/danmari83/status/800423222953046016

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

lmao the big rear end Silvio banner in the Sud, that's quite the tribute

https://twitter.com/Sport_Mediaset/status/800424631245139969

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Get Gomez off.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

What would really be good is if Inter could put Ranocchia on.

bene bene ohhh!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/FabianoFoschini/status/800486977900572672

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

So Juve only being +4 right now is pretty much false hope that someone else can challenge/keep them close, right?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Napoli: Reina; Hysaj, Albiol, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Zielinski, Diawara, Hamsik; Callejon, Gabbiadini, Insigne.

Inter: Handanovic; D'Ambrosio, Ranocchia, Miranda, Ansaldi; Brozovic, Kondogbia; Candreva, Ever Banega, Perisic; Icardi.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

This is what happens when you play Andrea Ranocchia

e:https://twitter.com/FinallyMario/status/804775142643662848

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Oh phwoar it's already 2-0? lmao

And Ranocchia was pretty much directly responsible for the second goal.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

It appears that Rodrigo Palacio has finally cut off his rat-tail.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Do the needful and bash the fash.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Makes him look like Al Swearengen from Deadwood:

He'd better start calling everyone else on Juve cocksuckers.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I'm hype for Roma-Milan

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

If you don't watch Trading Places in the next few days you're not doing Christmas the proper Italian way.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Good start to Milan-Napoli, not gonna lie

e: gently caress WHAT A GOAL

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

AUGURI MISTER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

What did I say about this being a good game?

• Locked thread