Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Blue Star Error posted:

I doubt the teams with big history thing will ever happen its a terrible idea

Bolded is the reason why it will likely happen.
Also, they like money, and not having teams with lots of non-European plastics in the UCL (because that's what they mean by "history"), I believe, results in monetary losses.

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

Spalletti's reaction to Cagliari's equalizer was great

https://twitter.com/PagineRomaniste/status/770015906349080576/video/1

Bullshit, this isn't Spalletti
The real Spalletti just sits and stares into the floor for the entire game

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

How quickly we forget that Spalletti turned that Roma side completely around last season. The players have nobody to blame but themselves. De Rossi in particular has been loving shameful lately.

Funny how history repeats itself. Spalletti's downfall in Russia was basically entirely the fault of the players (all of whom were kicked out of the club shortly after). The only thing that was on Spalletti was the players consistently making GBS threads their pants in the Champions League away games (all of them, be it Atletico or Porto or loving APOEL)

That said, it took a lot longer than it did now.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

The best part about the balotelli saga is that it seems literally everyone is rooting for him. Fans of teams he played poo poo for, ex teammates, people who hate the Italian national team (like me). I really hope Nice provides him with the same restorative powers that the club gave Ben arfa

I'm against Balotelli
How can anyone be rooting for a fuckwit who likes to throw darts at people

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

And this is why no one will ever take anything football-related in the Middle East seriously

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

buffon is going to retire eventually

Is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015