Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

This is great. I wonder if Pirlo can still pull this off.

The fixture list is going to get done today for anyone interested in that; I know a few of us are planning trips, heh. Hopefully De Laurentiis has another meltdown as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I would be too after the whole ownership farce.

Here's the calendar for this year, Inter - Fiorentina on day 1:

http://media2.gazzetta.it/gazzetta/pdf/2017/Calendario_SerieA-TIM.pdf

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Ok so I can go to Juve-Chievo on 09/10 or Juve-Fiorentina on 09/20. Should be easier to get tickets to a Wednesday match, right? Any tips on buying tickets in advance?

General tickets go on sale only a few days before the match by law, if I'm remembering right. You should just take the stadium tour a few days before and buy tickets then. Bring your passport.

e: Some teams have online ticketing, but again, only available a few days before the match. Check Juve's website.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 26, 2017

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

"you only deserve hatred and disrespect"?

Yup. The Zamparini poster underneath says "get out", if you couldn't already guess.

e: Well, "you deserve only hate and respect", that sort of makes a difference.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 26, 2017

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Can't wait to beat Juve 3-0, Bonucci, Biglia, De Sciglio own goal.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Palotta and Fassone are fighting in the press, Palotta did a radio interview where he called out Milan for their spending and questioned how it will work for FFP. Fassone basically responded "STFU".

Seems like this will be a common theme, probably a lot of owners will bitch and moan about Milan's finances when they lose to them.

Fassone also said that he'd take on Roma in a battle of the "balance sheets" lol. I'd actually love to see that. When news first came out about several teams doing FFP whining, I thought it was this:

https://twitter.com/ManLikeBona/status/889836213791739904

guess not!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Well, Inter had to do some creative transfers with Sampdoria do comply with the FFP.

The city of Genova houses the top money laundering destinations for the Milano clubs.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Bernardeschi decided to use #33, he said he needs to earn the #10 shirt.

Good lad

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Charlotte Hornets posted:

For those who don't know, Inter basically had to have a 30 m positive net spending to comply with FFP rules and not get punished. They had to have this by 30 of June and were missing about 15 million.

So what they did was sell Gianluca Caprari to Sampdoria for 15 million euros right before the deadline. Obviously this guy is still young, had a decent season at a really poo poo Pescara team and might have future potential being 23. But his real market value is probably around 5 million tops.

In return, Inter paid 30 million for Milan Skinirar from Sampdoria right after the deadline. A pretty solid defensive talent who had a good season, but obviously this guy was 15-20 million real market value.

So yeah, a nice Italian inflated transfer fee deal to balance some books.

That is some Galliani - Preziosi level poo poo lol. I was wondering why the gently caress Skriniar went for so much. Makes a lot of sense now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

I thought it was Turin?

If you want a laugh, look up what Livorno is in English.

I've never been to the new Juve stadium so I don't know where you should stay! I would imagine somewhere on the metro would be better than out there though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Corna di nebbia livorno

Lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Going to see Juve-Roma tomorrow, loving pumped, gonna get real drunk on "Peroni's"

Same. Hope it's not poo poo!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Highlights of that friendly:

1) Strootman hitting the post
2) De Sciglio being a total garbageman
3) the "LAZIO MERDA" banner some dude brought

Thought Bernardeschi looked pretty good except for that certain goal he ate. Was also nice to see former Vicenza almost superstar Carlo Ponsoglio save a penalty. I desperately looked for someone in a Juve Bonucci kit but no dice. I did spot a kid in a Maxi Lopez Catania shirt and a fat guy in a Sassuolo Magnanelli kit.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Forza Juve, Douglas Costa wasn't worth the money. Basically what GG said, except that he didn't identify the abject humiliation in paying real world money for Di Sciglio.

Douglas Costa was definitely a bit poo poo but he was also being played as a wing back I think. Is that his normal position?

Roma need a lot of work, I'm not sure Di Francesco has put his ideas on to the team effectively yet.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lol, good lad. Gardaland wasn't a bad amusement park back in the day. All the ride names are in English which always made me laugh.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mechafunkzilla posted:

So do players just hate living/playing in Florence or what?

I think the Della Valle family is just dumping all the assets with no plan tbh.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Roma has a pretty stacked midfield so I have to agree with you. He's only 19 though, if he's good he'll do well in the primavera side for the season.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

There was a Totti kit packed up in the Vega rocket that launched a couple of satellites yesterday, one for the Italian Ministry of Defence and one for the Israeli space agency:

http://www.asroma.com/en/news/2017/8/totti-s-final-shirt-successfully-launched-into-space

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eh, if all Milan has to do is get some shady rear end Chinese bank to co-finance it then it's fine. I imagine Elliott wont mind removing some of this debt from them either. I trust in big 'belli and big 'ssone to get it done.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

http://www.football-italia.net/107204/bonucci-biglia-be-el-squad

:mario:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Not happy just buying our players, now Inter upgraded to buying our targets. BVB's Emre Mor, close to Fiorentina for a week, is going to Inter. For less than we offered :psyduck:

Also: Cellino's back, baby! He just bought Serie B Brescia.

He should buy Balotelli and bring him home.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Salivating at the thought of Juve starting Douglas Costa and De Sciglio all season. Lichtsteiner must be very glad that his job is safe.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Yeah having Paletta and Niang in the squad is like losing money. Cairo made the right decision. I wish Niang had just hosed off to Watford.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If Sirigu is worse than Hart then he should retire.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Thinking of making a Sturaro avatar, since whoever I put there leaves the next year.

lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Fiorentina signed Benassi from Torino, that's a good pick up.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I don't think Verratti will leave PSG any time soon with the money they're throwing around.

Rincon sucks and Juve should be glad to be rid of him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Sturaro idea is a good one honestly.

Milan lost 1-2 vs Real Betis in a friendly; Andre Silva goal disallowed and a penalty given both via the VAR system. I think they were both right but both could have gone either way imo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simeone would be a solid buy.

I just realized the super coppa is this weekend. I'll have a new thread up soon, God knows I'm doing gently caress all at work anyway. Any suggestions for a title?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

not bad not bad

I was thinking "He had diarrhea. Do you want me to draw you a picture?" from when Mihajlovic had to take Ljajic off during a game.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Next season we should keep a gdoc or something with good thread title candidates, I always forget about them when the time to name the thread comes

Yeah same. I did just trawl the thread for good pictures and I found quite a few, so we will have that at least.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXlTC03ljhm/?taken-by=figurine_storiche

Inzaghi's neck seems to get longer as he ages.

e: Hamsik intentionally going bald sideways is hilarious

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 10, 2017

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MrBling posted:

Until I saw those Hamsik pictures I never noticed his hilarious teeth.

They are pretty fuckin big, op

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Biglia out for a month ffs. We desperately need something that isn't Montolivo in that position.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

De Roon is returning to Atalanta from Boro, who just signed him last year. He was good for Atalanta, that's probably a good move to somewhat replace Kessie.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Rincón is gone

To Torino, yeah? Such a weird signing for Juve to make, I guess they needed cheap depth for the Coppa matches. That's basically all he played in right?

Speaking of, Torino and Trapani are playing tonight if you're bored at work like me.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I just checked and realized the league doesn't start for a week and the two opening fixtures suck.... weak

Yeah it's bad but the super cup is this weekend and should be good!

Belotti got a hat trick today; Torino is currently 6-1 up on Trapani. Makes sense since Trapani should be in Lega Pro :argh:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Both penalties looked like dives to me. Better team won though. De Sciglio is somehow worse than he was at Milan. Surely Allegri won't let this continue?

Sorry about not having a new thread up. I'm about halfway through it and I was out of town all weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I was promised you were going to make the trains run on time when you were made a mod

WELL IT GOT YOU THERE EVENTUALLY

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830256

• Locked thread