Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Missed it in the old thread but supposedly the year after next Champions League will be a bit different - the big 4 (Premier League, Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A) will get 4 locked UCL places, 3 from the standings and one from historical placement (not sure if it's overall historical or like, Uefa standing for last x years). So for example this year it'd have been the first three plus one of Milan / Inter.

Also Fiorentina started buying Corvino-style with Milic and Maganjic coming from Hajduk Split, and possibly Corluka from Lokomotiv.

If you don't know them then shame on you for not knowing Hrvoje Milic, the Bale of Osijek. And what about young Josip Maganjic, aka the Sinj's born "heir of national hero Goran Vlaovic of Padova's fame". Corluka is this guy:

Seriously tho, they're (in order) an Alonso sub which we needed since booting Pasqual to the countryside, a 17 year old striker that is supposedly very good (Inter, West Ham and probably Sevilla wanted him too), and the Croatian national team Center-Back. Fiorentina, more like Croatina amirite?

Other notable purchases are Hagi's son Ianis (striker), winger Hernan Toledo from one of the million argentinian football robber baron funds, Tello from Barcelona as my esteemed colleague in suffering mentioned, midfielder Carlos "LA ROCA" Sanchez from Aston Villa, young polish goalkeeper Dragowski who you buy every time you start a game in Football Manager immediately and Enrico Chiesa's son Federico promoted from the youth team.

Fiorentina's strategy to the new limits to the squad (17 + 4 grown in the italian's youth teams + 4 grown in your own youth teams) has been to buy everyone under 21 years of age (as they have no limits) and compounding with a couple experienced guys - Corluka (maybe), Sanchez, Tello, Milic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Here's a funny tidbit re: the thread title.

Mihajlovic would receive early morning, say 6.30 am, frequent calls from Berlusconi to discuss tactics and the formation. Eventually Mihajlovic went to bed and turned the phone off; the next day at Milanello B. asked M. why he'd do that, M. replied that he doesn't like being called that early, he wants to sleep at that time.

2 days later he was fired.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

Carlos Sanchez is terrible btw

Are you the same dude that said Kalinic was poo poo last year too?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Not sure how reliable UOL is but Freitas is usually accurate in his reports, and the tweet made me :lol: anyway:

https://twitter.com/Cynegeticus/status/765485774657589248

Generally you hear these stories about how so and so from the team called up his fellow countryman to tell him to join during a transfer window, so I like to picture Miranda half-assedly trying to convince Gabigol to join and mid way through going "Eh, you know, forget about it; gently caress it, I'm leaving too"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/VfL_Wolfsburg/status/765964775620743169

Can't believe I would say this but jesus christ loving finally. We even got some cash out of it (between 5 and 7 millions), it's national holiday here.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Juventus bought Pereyra from Udinese (owner: Pozzo family) for 14 million euros a few years back.

Juventus sold Pereyra to Watford (owner: Pozzo family) for 15 million euros today.

Hmmmm.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/MikeShowSha/status/767035253714194432

Welcome back Serie A.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Deserved to be ahead but that penalty call was a crime against humanity.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Watch the replay, he's flying a good half-second before Danilo arrives.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Well that was painless.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Milan looking good up front, I like Suso the most so far but Bacca and Niang doing well. The midfield tho is shambolic, Montolivo is terrible.

And there you go - Bacca scores on a great Nianga-Abate-Bacca combination. Great goal.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

u ok Gigi?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Funkysauce posted:

gently caress this. Season's over, congrats Juve.

Well done Napoli, show those barely made it out of Serie B guys how good they are!

Also, if I signed a player on my team I'd set the loving transfer fee to $500 million. You sign a contract, you honor it. :bahgawd:

There's always Roma, they seem to be doing well so far. Especially if they go through to UCL and splurge like 25 millions for Borja Valero.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Pure_Milanista/status/767458403883057153

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

mackintosh posted:

Has Milik been found out as a fraud yet? I haven't had the time to watch the game.

He played roughly 40 mins and was subbed in at the same time as Mertens; it was the dutchman who salvaged a 0-2 loss to Pescara starting from the bench (and letting Sarri know what he thought of the benching, very clearly). I'd give Milik some time to adapt but his first impact wasn't that good tbh.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

Fyi Mertens is Belgian

They all look the same to me tbqh!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Oh, Roma :cripes:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Insane if true: Fiorentina to swap Kalinic with Napoli, for Gabbiadini and 15 million euros. I love Nihola a lot but...

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

He mentioned his family was scared of terrorism in the presser today.

More mercato insanity - Fiorentina is getting Jovetic back :stare: supposedly we offered Rossi as partial exchange, but the deal might go through no matter if Inter accept Rossi or not.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

He scored in the Coppa Italia semifinal, in Florence, yeah, with Juve.

Today/Monday (depending on who you ask) is Fiorentina's 90th, this banner appeared on the stadium walls from the fans:

"26.08.1926: Auguri alla splendida ed unica novantenne che ci fa ancora rizzare i'ppipi"

"Happy birthday to the beautiful and only ninety years old that still gets our dicks hard"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Fiorentina got Cristoforo who was Krychowiak's sub at Sevilla. He had 2 ACL ruptures in 2 years, but has been "clean" last year. Still, a bet and a half, but it's a promising 23 year old defensive midfielder.

Also, Jovetic not called up for tomorrow's match which fuels further rumours of his arrival in Florence.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

New season, same resting heartrate of 125 BPM. Good result, blessed international break, lol @ Roma and Inter.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Jovetic to Fiorentina might not happen after all; if he does come, I think it'd be a net gain over Rossi, while still being a very injury-prone player (more muscular short term injuries than Rossi year long absences, but it adds up quickly). I think overall I'd be happy.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Joe Hart to Torino is a done deal btw. Do we have any granata brothers here?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Here's a last day of mercato story for you all - Maksimovic is due his medicals by the end of today in Napoli (11pm CEST so another 4 hours or so) but he's stuck in Frankfurt as the airport is on lockdown due to a presumed terrorist threat.

I can just imagine DeLa's reaction.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 31, 2016

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Mati Fernandez from Fiorentina to Milan, loan with option to buy.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

But wait, there's more!

Apparently he had a deal to be penned with Cagliari, but at the last moment, through the intervention of another agent, Milan stole him; supposedly Cagliari is going to sue, since Milan used a disbarred intermediary or something. It's all pretty murky atm.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

A different kind of news:

"Chievo was on Osvaldo, but he decided to quit football and go play in a band"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

I actually think Fiorentina did.

First of all we got rid of a lot of wages. Gone-mez and Rossi were like 6m a year combined between them. Getting anything for Gomez was great.

Marcos Alonso went to play with Conte and Cuadrado in Chelsea for 27m. Considering we got him for free, thats awesome.

We sold a lot but also bought a lot. A lot of people we needed as depth signings. They may not all be first team players but we needed good players to rotate.

With Sousa getting some help and Corvino doing his thing, I think we are stronger than we were last season.

What he said - we're not playing with fullbacks anymore and we bought a ton of wingbacks (Tello, Toledo, Milic, Olivera, plus had Bernardeschi already); the Alonso sale was in hindsight very likely. We have a much deeper bench, kept all of our best players (except Alonso but again, he was the one we could most afford to lose) and tons of youngsters to bet on. I think we start at the same points as last few years, 4th/5th with a view on 3rd if a couple of teams choke. The only 2 squads that I truly see as superior to us in every way are Juventus, and Juventus's bench.

Also, looks like we were minus 28 million on the FFP for last 3 years, and minus 47 for the last 2; we *needed* a plus of at least 15-20 millions this year to avoid going under scrutiny next year.

This is what is happening to Inter this year, they're overspending (minus 100 or so?) but a) new property means that limits are a bit more lenient and b) they are not able to field most/all of their new signings in the UEL (possibly just Candreva?). Next year they probably need some big sales or the UCL qualification tho.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Two different FFP rulings affecting 3 different teams:

- From what I understood Inter cannot field a new signing unless it is equal or higher value of another player they sold this window; this is due to being under investigation for FFP even before this summer splurging (they're above 50 millions deficit when they should have had a balance of purchases and sales afaik, but with the new property it means that the FFP rules are more relaxed);

- Juventus's I believe is literally a numbers issue, they have too many players,
and 8 slots (out of 25) are reserved for 4 players who played in Italy for 36 months or 3 football seasons between the ages of 15 and 21 (extremes included), and 4 with the same limitation, but have to have played for the club. There are rumours that it is however a punishment due to pushing for an Inter transfer / refusing to renew contract?

- Fiorentina has the same issue with Toledo, Diks and Hagi, but I think we'll survive~

Napoli left out Tonelli and Roma left out Mario Rui, due to injuries. Sassuolo can probably field 750 players due to their autarchic football team selections.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 2, 2016

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Guess which president and manager are currently talking towards a dismissal? Hint: it's obvious :allears:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

trem_two posted:

Seems to be a lot of chatter that Sousa is about to quit.

That was him moving flats from one place outside Florence to the same place outside Florence, but a smaller flat.

Mediaset saw the moving company and called it "Sousa has quit and is moving back to Portugal".

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Kinda starting to regret my toxx now...

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

What is it?

An Allegri avatar if Juve finishes ahead of Fiorentina.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Genoa Fiorentina has been suspended temporarily (if not permanently) due to the pitch being quasi-flooded.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Roma match also suspended.

Genoa Fiorentina has officially been postponed, can't play tomorrow since we have Europa League in Salonicco on thu, so probably going towards December.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/774974394221330432

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Extra time in Milan, and if no Milan goal, penalty shootout to follow.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

And Simeone's son started for Genoa today - and scored!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

What the gently caress are Roma doing lately? If they weren't getting all these penalty calls they'd never score anything.

Spalletti's effect has ended. They're at the level of the last Garcia, but without Pjanic and the UCL to prop them up. I don't see them challenging the top 3 this year (Juventus, Napoli, Inter in that order) so it'll be a Fiorentina (I hope!)/Roma/Milan/Sassuolo/Lazio maybe Torino for the UEL spots this year.

• Locked thread