Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

We're gonna get bummed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm not able to watch, what happened with the penalty?

Ilicic missed his first serie A pen, hit the post and it deflected just before the line. A good match so far, I'm biased but I think we played very well.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

It was a foul on Luiz Adriano but not in the box. I think the draw was the fairest result, Milan is a much better team than in the past; I can see Montella's hand.

Fiorentina is coming out as it should, liking the attitude, and some of the new signings are doing really good - Salcedo especially, Sanchez, even Milic.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Not a bad match for Fiorentina, we missed too many goals tho; a draw would have been more in line with the actual play. Oh well, last year we lost 3-1, so obvious progress!

Soulex, please watch the match if you want to comment so harshly about our team, don't base it on the end result. Torino had 3 attempts and 2 goals, the rest of the match we were the only ones actually playing. Their first goal came from a handball too, so there's that. I don't think they deserve criticism for this match.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 2, 2016

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

http://www.violanation.com/2016/10/4/13153590/batigol-weekly-63-werewolves-of-florence-fiorentina-news

I read this like every day, and I apparently made top comment.

For those that don't want to read it, it is in regard to Fiorentina's 5-1 win over Quarabag; I essentially was in class and couldn't watch the game. So I put notifications on my phone so that I could se who would eventually win, I was betting on an Illicic peno. By the time Mauro Zarate scored for the first time, my professor asked if there was something I needed to take care of because my phone was vibrating too much. I had to explain to him and the class that I'm not used to my team scoring so much and that I was sorry. He said to put it in my pocket.

Well, we know what you need to do for every match from now on!

News: Sabatini rescinded his contract with Roma, my bet is he's gonna head towards Milan.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

So apparently Giorebtina are gonna give Sousa the axe and pick up Pioli instead.

What?

This entire post is a trainwreck :lol:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Looks like Napoli's Milik might have also torn his ACL - that's really really lovely for them after losing Higuain, and probably makes Juventus's 76th scudetto in a row that much easier.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

What, did they get rid of the visa leniency for new yorkers?

Nah, it's just dangerous to mix Neapolitan people with the Catanzaresi and Messinesi.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Fiorentina played the new set piece, "concede after 1 minute then just keep scoring goals". I like it.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

I'm not watching, how's Bernadeschi been? He's all over the scoresheet.

Other than the goals, he's being a constant pain for the Cagliari defense. Outstanding so far, other than the scorers, is Tello, who's running like crazy and defending as well as attacking. A completely different team than I've see this year (entirety of 2016, that is).

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Kalinic with a hat trick!

Last year it was against Inter, this year vs Cagliari, an upgrade.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

What the hell Fiorentina why you do this to me.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

I'm watching now.

Lolentina

We're coming for you guys!!!! :cawg:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

I see the score line but have been sick as a dog for the past few days. I see my biggest complaint of finishing chances is ok now? How was the game?

We conceded after literally one minute, then it became a Fiorentina monologue for the next 60 - 4-1 by the end of the first half, 5-1 just at the beginning.

Then Sousa started rotating people in with a view on wednesday's match, and the players started to sit down too much; we conceded 2 identical goals from a corner, and it started looking like Cagliari might put the pressure on. However, except for a near miss by Padoin in the 94th minute, nothing else really happened.

Oh, Hagi, who turned 18 yesterday, played 30 minutes today. Diks was also subbed in.

trem_two posted:

Edin Dzeko, capocannoniere

-something that will be mind-bogglingly true in May

Basically, this picture:

But the Gomez underneath is Bayern's version.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Fiorentina's match suspended for excessive rain on the pitch. At this rate we'll play 10 extra matches after the end of the season.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/ArensPippo_BILD/status/791357930536837120

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Pescara-Atalanta has been interrupted due to a new seismic shock :S I think that's a first.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Inter are winning as well.

loving hell, this was an aftershock of the one this afternoon I imagine?

It was shorter but apparently stronger, it was heard in Venice and Taranto - the whole peninsula basically. Match has restarted there, and Fiorentina's match restarting now.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I cry evrytiem

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Florenzi tore his ACL yesterday, 4-6 months off. Daje Ale!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This is why I can't hate De Rossi no matter what.

https://twitter.com/JamesHorncastle/status/791681388021968896

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Mayor of Naples with some peace-loving words today:

"Higuain will need 1000 bodyguards if he ever comes back in Naples".

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Best first half this season so far, other than Qarabag. Hope we don't bottle the second.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

In fairness, Da Costa had a couple really good saves, Ilicic hit the bar and the post, Kalinic had a goal disallowed - we did have the chances this time. Way better spirit than with Crotone, hope this one is the real Fiorentina.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

There's a very famous neapolitan book or series of books from tradition, "La smorfia", that interprets things/people/animals saw in dreams or even when woke up into numbers to play in the national Lotto. For example, 47 is the dead man, 77 is the women's legs, 90 is the fear etc.

71 is "l'omm e mmerd", "the piece of poo poo"

Higuain scored at the 71st minute yesterday.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Looks like it's last night as Inter manager for De Boer, Pioli taking over.

Tho wikipedia has been edited to say Guidolin :tinfoil:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Number 3 is so vivid for me. I literally know exactly where I was - 1989, on a lake fishing with my family, with the radio broadcasting the match (there was no sky or anything at the time), we were up 2-0, Maradona even missed a penalty, then Napoli surged back and won 3-2. First time I ever cried for a football match (second and last time was the relegation 3 years after, which we won 6-2 against Foggia).

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Is the Pioli rumor dead? That's all I read about yesterday.

Moratti wants him, Chinese want Hiddink, others want Guidolin... vOv

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

He's also Viola's back up option. There's some speculation that since Sousa said some kinda bad stuff "Last year I was chasing a dream, this year is a reality" that might affect his long term job security. At least, that's what is being tossed around. Lack of confidence can easily bleed over to the team.

Don't put too much stock in florentine sports media. Today they're talking about a contract extension :D

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This is my favourite Halloween picture:

https://twitter.com/Sport_Mediaset/status/794502366775115777

It's Maertens "dressed up" as Insigne and his wife as Hamsik.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

trem_two posted:

An indication you'll probably be relegated: conceding 2 goals to Empoli at home

Goals scored by Empoli in the entire league up to now: 2
Goals scored by Empoli in the first half today: 3

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

4-0 now.

So there's been this recent " controversy" about something Buffon said with regards to teams rolling over for Juve. He said that teams definitely come to Olay against Juve and don't play weakened sides to rest for games they might win later or to save players because they know they will lose anyway. Genoa's manager said that he pretty much did exactly that earlier, and now there's this idea that Juve is by default being handed the league. I think it's all crap, but supposedly Chievo are starting a weird 11 and formation today.

Even if teams are doing this, you can't blame them. Spaletti was adamant that nobody does this for Roma, which made me laugh, of course nobody because Roma isn't nearly as good.

That article was some of the worst journalism I've ever seen, and this is coming from a Viola fan that certainly will not defend Juventus or its players. The article used quotation marks to report Buffon words, except then framing it in the middle as "these are more or less Buffon's words". I.e. they cited him except they didn't.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Siiiiigghhhhhhhhh.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

What do you think we need?

Consistency mostly. We played a really good first half, but had far too many counters which we wasted. Also, Gonzalo and Badelj are way way below their usual level, especially Badelj.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

No updates for a few days due to the international break, but today's newspapers are talking about a Donnarumma to Juventus thing as the nautral heir of Buffon. Normally I'd discount it but not the year they got Pjanic and Higuain, tbh.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

GreatestLurker posted:

I'd say that Milan's project is potentially more enticing than anything Napoli and Roma had to offer at the time.

Also it's simply a much bigger club. There isn't the same history or precedent of Milan (or Inter for that matter) selling their star players to Juventus. I don't see it happening.

Just kidding as it was a free transfer, but I get what you mean; however, Milan's project is still in the potentially stage. I'd argue that at least this or next year, Napoli or Roma are more likely to be playing UCL still, while Milan will probably be still fighting for UEL with us poor shits in purple (maybe).

Also, Milan's purchase from the Chinese is still in that song and dance phase of "closing next month at the latest" that has lasted 2 and a half years; even Inter with their Chinese owners are not improving that much. I don't think Milan getting back to the elite of european football is gonna happen very soon. They will, I think, but not before the next 3-5 years.

Add to that that Raiola is Donnarumma's agent...

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

This was spotted at the New York Marathon

Bahahahaha a world-wide value held in high regard.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

No honest clue. If Corvino spotted him, he could be or at least have the potential to be. Interesting too that he would get a call up and not Diakhate.

He was got by Pradè, but Corvino does like him much. He did this the other week in the youth team, I think he might be a good prospect (but he needs to go play more senior football first).

Our youngster this year are straight out of a Football Manager wunderkind list - him, Dragowski, Hagi (the son of Gheorghe), hell even the relatively unknown Toledo who we have on loan 2 years with option to buy at 30 MILLION EUROS, and most of all Chiesa (the son of Enrico who played for us at the turn of the century) who seems to be heading to good things too as he caught the eye of Sousa (and made him start, with good performance, against Juventus!! in the first match). I predict most if not all of these, Dragowski excluded, are going to be playing in the lower leagues next year.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Fun match Sampdoria Sassuolo - Sassuolo was winning until the 84th, then Quagliarella Muriel equalized in 2 minutes; then Samp got a penalty at the 90th that Muriel converted.

Sassuolo kinda risks getting pulled back into the relegation fight, tho they're still 6 points above Pescara.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Is Berardi back yet? Sassuolo are falling apart; I bet they wish they had those three points they got docked early on.

Still injured, at least he didn't play today. Plus they got the Europa League matches which don't help.

Last I heard they are still appealing the docked points.

• Locked thread