Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

2 printers, one cups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

mishaq posted:

2 printers, one cups

heh

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
cups is a pile of garbage that got worse after apple bought it

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

Celexi posted:

cups is a pile of garbage that got worse after apple bought it

it beats the hell out of /etc/printcap which beats the hell out of windows printer drivers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

There Will Be Penalty posted:

it beats the hell out of /etc/printcap which beats the hell out of windows printer drivers

in my xp windows print drivers actually work which is rly hosed up... whereas it doesnt work as good on osx/linux........

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ok its ezier to add the printer etc in some kinda generic state on *nix but to get all the cool features and poo poo windors Just Works

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wireless printers that don't have an ethernet port and the only way to set the wireless up is to connect them via usb to a pc and then install an app that copies the details of your existing network onto the printer. once connected to the network wirelessly the only way to print is to install a large driver bundle, and all management has to be done through this application - there is no web server ui running on the printer at all.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I've never had a wireless printer not work properly when I follow the manufacturer's instructions.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

You must get a lot of sex, instruction manual reader.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

atomicthumbs posted:

I've never had a wireless printer not work properly when I follow the manufacturer's instructions.

you should probably buy a lottery ticket with the amount of luck you have

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
my office jet pro x from Hewlett Packard works brilliantly

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Lots of good echi burns in here today, nice hustle *slaps you all on the butt* lets hit the showers

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
every 5-6 months when I actually have to print something the printer fails in some dumb way that involves fiddling to fix. We put men on the moon but I'm still fiddling with loving printers :saddowns:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tbf if we were allowed to spend a trillion dollars and kill three men developing your printer, it'd probably work

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

135 space shuttle launches, 14 people killed

really, wireless printing has a much better safety record so i don't know why you're complaining

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
because I am inconvenienced, god drat

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
printergoon is dead though so maybe we're 1/3 there

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

BooLoo posted:

We put men on the moon but I'm still fiddling with loving printers :saddowns:

that was ages ago keep living in the past and send more snap chats

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
I'm too old for snapchat, I don't understand the point of it and it's confusing and I'm cold and can someone take me home now?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

BooLoo posted:

I'm too old for snapchat, I don't understand the point of it and it's confusing and I'm cold and can someone take me home now?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

snapchat is very good

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

BooLoo posted:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

snapchat is for kids who want to gently caress

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

BONGHITZ posted:

snapchat is for kids who want to gently caress

14/f/ca

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

snapchat is a instant messaging program where the messages automatically delete themselves after N seconds or minutes, so you can send saucy pics and be sure that they won't be duplicated, saved, or seen by anyone else.

got it?

ok now guess how well that concept works in the real world.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
does it disable screenshotting somehow?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no, but it notifies you if a screenshot has been taken, apparently.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
And you can replay videos and sarnsungs come with some kind of screen recording software now

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

3rd party apps take away that pesky screenshot notification

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
snapchat is pretty good now it's been optimised but people use it a lot for "stories" now where its like you "publish" your snaps and people can view the stories for a day or so

its good for sending nudes too but you gotta set a no screenshot rule first

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

3rd party apps take away that pesky screenshot notification

creepy as gently caress dude

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

does it require jail brook

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

never send nudes

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

BONGHITZ posted:

never send nudes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
always send nudes

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

windows live-in assistant

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

always send nudes

snap me

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

snapchat is a good way to share crappy pictures of stuff without having to delete them in shame a year later

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

if everyone I snapped with was instead idk texting me pictures and videos it'd be a horrendous mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

oh by the way we were storing your snaps all along and also someone broke into our hand rolled server yesterday so here's your free month of identity protection

• Locked thread