Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I really like the sushi(or how i pronounce it, shushee)my local grocery store makes. The asian-esque chefs do a great job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Thai

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Korean is the worst of the Asian foods.

Thai
Japanese
Indonesian/Malaysian
Vietnamese
Chinese
Korean

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Man, if you're including Vietnamese and Malaysian you can include Indian too. Technically they're Asian. Kinda like how Slavs and Italians are technically white.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
i like goat vindaloo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How the gently caress did this get to page 5 without the true best asian food:

PUSSY!

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

My local sushi place has a thing called "sweet chicken" that owns. I asked them if it had a Japanese name or what it was exactly and they kinda shrugged and confirmed that it was sweet, I assume it's some made up gaijin bs but it's great.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Cap'n Crunch

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waltzing Along posted:

PUSSY!

*starts hootin n hollerin*

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016
ANYTHING I COOK.

<- Points to username:

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

You know what's good is khao man gai, which I guess is some sort of thai version of something called hainanese chicken rice.

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007
I enjoy them all (except Filipino food of course)
Really depends on the mood I'm in, but I have to say that the only food in general that makes me feel disgusting after eating is Chinese food.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Robokomodo posted:

I went there the day after I saw the article on Facebook and the chicks behind the counter thought I was psychotic and asking for imaginary eating untensils.

sees new fast food gimmick on LINE.
thinks to self wow that's great i really must have this new fast food gimmick experience for myself right now!
is goon.

He Who Smelt It
Jun 14, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

Is this your tindr headline?

Not sure why you're so interested in my tindr but I like your moxie kid, hit me up like a cheap Chinese buffet

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

and cultural appropration very problematic;

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
thats not sanitary

not to mention the oils from sweat and poo poo :barf:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lately i have been going to an asian grocery store (because it is closest to my house). they have all sort of terrifying sea food, and all the varieties of noodles you could eat. i have been really enjoying this Japanese kind of candy called Mochi. its basically like a marshmallow or Turkish Delight with a filling (usually something weird like sweet red bean paste!). it is a bizzare feeling to eat, not something that any western candy can replicate:

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
If you haven't eaten handmade soba or udon noodles, you're a loving jabroni.

Woden
May 6, 2006
The best western food is American because I like hot dogs - the OP.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

IntricoInutile posted:

The 20 square metres of Madras (Chennai) that isn't a shithole: vegetarian food at Woodlands

I will check out Woodlands the next time I'm in Chennai. They got dosa? I'll eat the gently caress out of dosa with side of Achaar so acrid that it tastes like you're chomping through a nine volt battery. Love that pickle!

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
gently caress this and gently caress you op

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Steamed white rice.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Lastgirl posted:

thats not sanitary

not to mention the oils from sweat and poo poo :barf:

You're eating dead animals, diseased flesh, but you're worried about some womans sweat? You buffoon

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Rutibex posted:

lately i have been going to an asian grocery store (because it is closest to my house). they have all sort of terrifying sea food, and all the varieties of noodles you could eat. i have been really enjoying this Japanese kind of candy called Mochi. its basically like a marshmallow or Turkish Delight with a filling (usually something weird like sweet red bean paste!). it is a bizzare feeling to eat, not something that any western candy can replicate:

It's a small world, just a few days ago I was at a chinese restaurant and they had Mochi Icecream as desert that I tried. It was basically one of those things in those pictures, but the filling was icecream. Pretty good actually

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Zzulu posted:

and cultural appropration very problematic;

This is the best I think.

tough stains
May 23, 2007

Desire gets the upper hand over insight and foresight and the results are often needless entanglement.

grellgraxer posted:

I will check out Woodlands the next time I'm in Chennai. They got dosa? I'll eat the gently caress out of dosa with side of Achaar so acrid that it tastes like you're chomping through a nine volt battery. Love that pickle!

It's this one ... http://www.newwoodlands.com/ in Mylapore.

They have dosa/idli etc but I just went for the standard meal served on banana leaves by waiters hauling around kick-rear end steel pots. You say yes or no to whatever they offer - a bit like dim sum.

There's also a terrific one in Bangalore (Richmond Circle) at http://woodlands.in/

End it with good coffee and betel leaf.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Korea has pickled cabbage but I think their neighbors do everything else a lot better like not even just food. Movies, music, cell phones, etc.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
What's the place with lettuce wraps? That's the best Asian food.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Waltzing Along posted:

PUSSY!

https://youtu.be/Zn2Sa5UGxK8

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Robokomodo posted:

I went there the day after I saw the article on Facebook and the chicks behind the counter thought I was psychotic and asking for imaginary eating untensils.

I hate that. It's like, Jesus, company, educate your damned workforce!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://i.imgur.com/YepofuK.mp4

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I :h: you, booblord

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Imo the girl thats depositing sushi from her mouth is cooler, thats a pretty good super power

e: maybe this is nws? linked in case

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Its General Tso's Chicken.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zzulu posted:

You're eating dead animals, diseased flesh, but you're worried about some womans sweat? You buffoon

i eat pussy like i eat my sushi, raw

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lastgirl posted:

i eat pussy like i eat my sushi, raw

wait, youve never tried sushi?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Its General Tso's Chicken.

I concur. It's even better when served as a sandwich between Cha Siu Bao buns.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Enfield posted:

wait, youve never tried sushi?

sashimi or nigiri

pounding that pussy like artillery

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

sashimi or ******