Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Thai is the best but Vietnamese is the best that you can eat every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Korean food is only better than cuisines from countries that are either 99% horseplains or mountain wastes

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

i've tried making kimchi a couple of times and its been a huge failure and i ate some in san diego and its amazing and i can't find it in the uk. thats my kimchi story

https://youtu.be/0sX_wDCbeuU

It's a pain in the loving rear end and turns out wrong all the time

I used to have a gallon jar of it in my fridge when I lived in Better Places

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

s0j posted:

its larb

I have made larb into a meme in the cool kids thread btw

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dzhay posted:

No-one prepared to speak up for Sri Lanka or Bangladesh or anywhere like that?

That's Indian food. We're taking about ethnicities not continents, Britard.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

poopnanners posted:

I ate dog in Korea and it wasn't great. Whoever said "dim sum" has the correct answer.

Dim sum is hella plain jane compared to anything coming out of Southeast Asia. It's pleasant enough but there's no way in the world it's the best.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

what about uyghur food?? a nice lamb polo is to die for

The Weegs are deec at food yes

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Roger Craig posted:

4. Thai - Coconut milk based curries and pad thai are pretty good, but I never really go out of my way for them.

Thai people do eat those occasionally but that's pretty close to saying "I can take or leave chop suey or almond chicken, Chinese is kinda boring"

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

im pooping! posted:

philipino food, i can eat all the pancit in front of mine eyes no matter how much there be

Weirdo

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Gin posted:

this is also dumb, because the average person in SE Asia or China is poor as gently caress and eats rice and boiled/sauteed veggies with almost no spices and maybe some meat if they're lucky.

lol no

It's not the 1800s.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Gin posted:

look at all the idiots in this thread that can't stand the taste of a vegetable or meat without drowning it in spices

dim sum is a loving subset of chinese food and by itself has more variety than all of korean and vietnamese cuisine combine, how is it plain jane?

thai still wins, but holy poo poo y'all have really dumb opinions

Dim sum is plane janey buddy

Meatballs of various sorts in wrappers of various sorts, well lay me out dead

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Gin posted:

yes and mexican food is just meat of various sorts with beans of various sorts and veggies of various sorts wrapped in a tortilla

but really, dim sum is more than steamed buns. you know this, right?

Chickens foot and the rib things and the fried cart that no one ever gets anything off of?

Just admit that it's a lot of meatballs in wrappers and a little "other stuff"

Admit it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

im gaye posted:

chickens feet and spareribs fuckin rule with a plate of duck and greens and maybe some lotus leaf sausage rice

I like to order the pea shoots

Also then the girl I'm in there with thinks I'm an international sophisticate who is ordering off menu because she is from the Midwest and eight years younger than me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

What's the place with lettuce wraps? That's the best Asian food.

Those are of Vietnamese origin.

• Locked thread