Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i was in phoenix a few months ago and yeah its the worst city ever and sky harbor loving sucks dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

the great deceiver posted:

i was in phoenix a few months ago and yeah its the worst city ever and sky harbor loving sucks dick
Sky Harbor sounds kinda fun. What was it? Some sort of flying city?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Kang Wang posted:

Sky Harbor sounds kinda fun. What was it? Some sort of flying city?

no its a huge horrible airport in phoenix arizona aka the worst city in the usa

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the great deceiver posted:

no its a huge horrible airport in phoenix arizona aka the worst city in the usa

Sky Harbour sounds like the gayest loving name for an airport ever I'm glad it's in the worst city in the USA.

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

Theophany posted:

Sky Harbour sounds like the gayest loving name for an airport ever I'm glad it's in the worst city in the USA.
Have you ever taken air conditioned greyhound across the US? You get to see some real "worst city in the USAs". I myself found Chicago to be a terribly scary place. Darkest city I've ever visited. I took some good pictures there though. The rail system in particular set right in the middle of like a 10 lane highway that screamed of nightmarish hell. There was this little sushi place I would have loved to stop at, awesome neons. I took a snap of it on my phone but that phone and that picture it took is long gone. Maybe I just needed someone to show me around?

Kang Wang fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 16, 2016

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Kang Wang posted:

Have you ever taken air conditioned greyhound across the US? You get to see some real "worst city in the USAs". I myself found Chicago to be a terribly scary place. Darkest city I've ever visited. I took some good pictures there though. The rail system in particular set right in the middle of like a 10 lane highway that screamed of nightmarish hell. There was this little sushi place I would have loved to stop at, awesome neons. I took a snap of it on my phone but that phone and that picture it took is long gone. Maybe I just needed someone to show me around?

How are we defining worst city in the USA? I pretty much go by whichever city is mentioned in the thread title, not by how terrible the city actually is.

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

Theophany posted:

How are we defining worst city in the USA? I pretty much go by whichever city is mentioned in the thread title, not by how terrible the city actually is.

First city to have more people walking around with Zika than not wins. Phoenix might just be a contender.

Kang Wang fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 16, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

op if you had gone to the d-backs game you could have seen bartolo colon get walked for the first time in 19 seasons.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ate a bell pepper and cheddar omelette and sausage party for breakfast with coffee and orange juice. Really nice business hotel.

I'll probably just drink water at my meeting to ensure I don't die from the walk from the office to the car afterwards.

The white woman on the news says today's the 30th day this summer that the high is over 110. Haha. What a hellscape.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Aschlafly posted:

Phoenix is poo poo. The only people who move to Phoenix voluntarily are the ones who visit and "love the weather", except they don't. They love the fact that it doesn't snow, but otherwise they hate the weather. Hence why they spend every waking hour in air conditioned buildings, or in the shade with misters running, or in a loving pool. They've inverted the natural order of things from "it's cold, seek heat to avoid dying of hypothermia" to "it's warm, let's run a heat engine in reverse so that it's bearable", and they waste water wantonly in the middle of a desert. Also, golf. Well-kept fields of grass and desert climate mix about as well as chocolate and pickles. The traffic is poo poo, too. The entire area is a collective delusion clusterfuck that, like any bubble, will eventually rupture under its own weight, a paean to urban and suburban excess: its ugly houses will serve as a cautionary tale, the fossil record of a million forgotten fiefdoms. I guess the streaming sunlight is nice if you don't mind skin cancer and premature aging. Kick out the whiteys (remove mayo?), return it to the natives who actually knew how to survive in a desert (in some way other than "pretend it's southern California and hope no one notices"), let the urban heat islands slowly waste away and be swallowed by the dust and shrubbery. Then Phoenix might once again be a nice place to visit.

Source: lived in the Phoenix area for ten years but no I don't have any resentment about it at all, why on earth would you think that

:qq: :qq:

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Chinatown posted:

Ate a sausage party for breakfast.

:eyepop:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i prefer the original version of this thread

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Aschlafly posted:

i feel like "unsustainable" typically means "wantonly wasteful of natural resources" rather than "vulnerable to being wiped out by a freak disaster"

besides doesn't phoenix have sandstorms and occasional flooding too?

Yeah there can be flash floods.

Sister & I driving through Phoenix around September 2014, taken around 3-4AM.

Same place but from an overpass about an hour later. We escaped by drafting an 18-wheeler and letting it push all the water out of our way until we could get to an exit.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I made it back home to the coast.

gently caress Phoenix forever.

Fin.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
What hotel did you stay at

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still in Seattle it's okay but I have a golf tournament to play in starting Friday and it's sunny and great here but raining all over the place at home that seems hosed up

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
would like to play a golf tournament in Phoenix is what I'm saying

but I don't need a sausage party in my mouth like op does

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I flew over Phoenix today, ama

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

I flew over Phoenix today, ama

DId your plane crash? Are you posting from the middle of the ocean?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

OctoberBlues posted:

DId your plane crash? Are you posting from the middle of the ocean?

My plane landed safely, I am posting from my sofa.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Aschlafly posted:

Phoenix is poo poo. The only people who move to Phoenix voluntarily are the ones who visit and "love the weather", except they don't. They love the fact that it doesn't snow, but otherwise they hate the weather. Hence why they spend every waking hour in air conditioned buildings, or in the shade with misters running, or in a loving pool. They've inverted the natural order of things from "it's cold, seek heat to avoid dying of hypothermia" to "it's warm, let's run a heat engine in reverse so that it's bearable", and they waste water wantonly in the middle of a desert. Also, golf. Well-kept fields of grass and desert climate mix about as well as chocolate and pickles. The traffic is poo poo, too. The entire area is a collective delusion clusterfuck that, like any bubble, will eventually rupture under its own weight, a paean to urban and suburban excess: its ugly houses will serve as a cautionary tale, the fossil record of a million forgotten fiefdoms. I guess the streaming sunlight is nice if you don't mind skin cancer and premature aging. Kick out the whiteys (remove mayo?), return it to the natives who actually knew how to survive in a desert (in some way other than "pretend it's southern California and hope no one notices"), let the urban heat islands slowly waste away and be swallowed by the dust and shrubbery. Then Phoenix might once again be a nice place to visit.

Source: lived in the Phoenix area for ten years but no I don't have any resentment about it at all, why on earth would you think that

You lived in Glendale huh? lol

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Life won't be the same after today. Christ didn't stop at just dying for us but he resurrected. We plea the blood but we also plea the resurrection. Romans 8:9-11

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Smash it, I like you, but this bible gimmick, it's gotta stop. Drink some limon pepino and snap out of it!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FordPRefectLL posted:

What hotel did you stay at

hampton inn

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

OctoberBlues posted:

Smash it, I like you, but this bible gimmick, it's gotta stop. Drink some limon pepino and snap out of it!

You ever have a power outage and had to use a candle or a lamp to see your way through? (These days your cellphone.) The light coming from it shines just enough for you to see the next few steps in front of you. Psalms 119:105 says “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”... You may not see far ahead right now but I believe God is saying trust Him/His word with the next steps He gave you. Dont worry about the end result as He's sure to get you there.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)

Sir_Charles posted:

You lived in Glendale huh? lol
Chandler. Nothing to do but pool parties at friends' houses (which wasn't actually so bad). Crammed full of Mormons and Republicans.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Aschlafly posted:

Chandler. Nothing to do but pool parties at friends' houses (which wasn't actually so bad). Crammed full of Mormons and Republicans.

Yeah, your complaints are pretty reasonable. I moved closer to downtown in the Central corridor and it's a little bit more lively and actually walkable when it's not 110 out. It's not perfect but I prefer it over living in the suburbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Gas this thread along with Phoenix.

• Locked thread