Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
I guess if you put it in and left the can closed while you were passed out, it would work for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Pick posted:

Like ice scraper, tire jack, jumper cables, solar battery recharger, compass, emergency blanket, extra boots, screwdriver, scarf, cable ties, extra iphone cord, mini crowbar, hunting knife, water, crampons, first-aid kit, flares, rope, and a lighter.

you forgot to put a couple books in there, a collapsable snow shovel and a poncho

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Pick posted:

Like ice scraper, tire jack, jumper cables, solar battery recharger, compass, emergency blanket, extra boots, screwdriver, scarf, cable ties, extra iphone cord, mini crowbar, hunting knife, water, crampons, first-aid kit, flares, rope, and a lighter.
cool, what's your "body count" so far ;)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Luvcow posted:

you forgot to put a couple books in there, a collapsable snow shovel and a poncho

Actually I do have a collapsible shovel in there, thanks for reminding me. Ponchos are for dorks (and knife+emergency blanket=poncho if required).

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Pick posted:

Actually I do have a collapsible shovel in there, thanks for reminding me. Ponchos are for dorks (and knife+emergency blanket=poncho if required).

please don't make me feel bad about my emergency poncho which was given to me by my dad the day i bought my car

:(

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Pick posted:

every man should have a really good knife, but this is true of women also

i don't have a knife and i dont need one. im an urban professional who knows a lot about wine

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Luvcow posted:

please don't make me feel bad about my emergency poncho which was given to me by my dad the day i bought my car

:(

ha ha so you will stay dry while you starve to death in a ravine

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oh yeah Pick well did you know that items colored pink are marked up a good 10-15% on average and women buy them because pink even though they are literally the exact same item

so who do the marketers think is dumb NOW?!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Pick posted:

ha ha so you will stay dry while you starve to death in a ravine

oh god no, I'm a type 1 diabetic, i always have a variety of food and drink with me at all times, the poncho is a holdover from my dad's army days, same thing with gas in the jeep, always at least a 1/4 tank

face it, in an apocalyptic scenario my dad taught me to be slightly better prepared than yours did

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Luvcow posted:

oh god no, I'm a type 1 diabetic, i always have a variety of food and drink with me at all times

you're hosed in a real cataclysmic event just fyi

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

oh yeah Pick well did you know that items colored pink are marked up a good 10-15% on average and women buy them because pink even though they are literally the exact same item

:eyepop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Pretty sure marketers just think the whole human race is retarded on average and they are correct.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Pick posted:

Also right now I am trying to find a gift for my dad, and it's tricky. He doesn't drink or like batman. And he already has a bunch of survival tools, like as many as a libertarian.

Dad over 40 pro-tip: get a clip of some kind, preferably made of silver, that's useful, but not strictly necessary, and makes him feel respectable. Tie clip, cufflinks, money clip. Anything like that.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

Everyone pretty much. But watch out, because men are paying extra now for poo poo like yoghurt. Anywhere that they wander into a world where the fair and expected price is unknown to them. . . . . . .

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Moridin920 posted:

you're hosed in a real cataclysmic event just fyi

oh absolutely, but I've got at least a couple days to find other diabetics and kill them for their sweet, sweet insulin

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It really makes me sad that my dad died of alcoholism before he could enjoy this glorious age of stealth alcohol products

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
well i imagine most women think gifts "for women" are insulting garbate too op

at least, if i were a woman i would. i dont care what any actual women think

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You can buy a man a drill and it's no big deal, but buy a woman a vacuum cleaner and suddenly you're a chauvinist.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Al Cowens posted:

Every product and ideal promoted by artofmanliness

ironing clothes, buying a fitted dress shirt, looking good for a job interview etc.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Now this is a Man's Store

http://www.izola.com/

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i had to buy a gift for my niece last year and googled "gifts for girls"
she probably loved the thong, sex toys, and cookie pan i got her (it makes edible cookie shells you can serve ice cream in!)

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Ive never seen an episode and im a man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0tb2IR475c

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The greatest gift you can give a man is the opportunity to earn his reward through hard work and gumption. Give your man a job.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
GREAT gifts:

Raccoon penis bones
    Porcupine claws
    Trophies for things they didn't do
    Buttons for political campaigns before their time
    Cat treats (if they have a cat)
    Rocks and minerals
    Electric kettles (if they're Americans and don't know this is a thing)
    Heat lamps
    Human teeth (ethical)
    Potted plants
    Rusty railroad spikes or mysterious objects from past times, like those really good meat grinders
    Stamps commemorating weird events or things that are uncomfortable now
    A desk of Presidential flashcards where you gave each president a new nickname in Sharpie
    Tiny erasers shaped like ocean fish
    Lots of candy
    Weird food that is difficult to get under normal circumstances
    Dollar-store Light-Brites
    A jar with a bunch of sugar cubes in it and exactly one ant which will live its life in luxury but die alone (it's a metaphor)
    Resin dollops with one of your hairs in it like amber

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Pick posted:

Resin dollops with one of your hairs in it like amber

can it be one of my ball hairs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hammerite posted:

can it be one of my ball hairs

haha yeah!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Pick posted:

GREAT gifts:

Trophies for things they didn't do

Proud of my lasting 2 minutes trophy

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Potpourri pouch except you soaked it in piss and dried it out (piss is one of the "manly" scents)

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Men should just switch completely to the "birthday bj" model of gift giving.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

Potpourri pouch except you soaked it in piss and dried it out (piss is one of the "manly" scents)

One of my friend's favorite gifts from her bf was one of his really sweaty shirts, because it smelled like him when he was away. He gave it to her as a joke.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

One time someone gave me a 5 lb block of unsliced bacon because MAN BACON LOVE and it probably would have been an okay gift except I don't like bacon that much and it took up all of the room in my fridge.

So I guess what I'm saying is probably just get him a live pig instead, then it can live outside and he can have other pork meats that aren't bacon.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Pick posted:

One of my friend's favorite gifts from her bf was one of his really sweaty shirts, because it smelled like him when he was away. He gave it to her as a joke.

My dog liked exactly the same thing !

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hammerite posted:

well i imagine most women think gifts "for women" are insulting garbate too op

at least, if i were a woman i would. i dont care what any actual women think

No women love dildos

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Pick posted:

Hmm, so I guess the piss idea would be a good gift from someone who usually smells like piss.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Pick posted:

They think you're an insipid, superficial rear end in a top hat.

huh, these dudes know what's what, i have to give them that

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Idea: A picture of a guy with a bigger dick for inspiration.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

china bot posted:

lol at anyone who doesn't buy their dad Femme Fatalethe dreamworks compunter-animated jerry Seinfeld vehicle "bee movie" on dvd

Ftfy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i usually get girls some succulents in the little glass bowl things and they dig those?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

i usually get girls some succulents in the little glass bowl things and they dig those?

yar we love that poo poo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dzhay posted:

Dad over 40 pro-tip: get a clip of some kind, preferably made of silver, that's useful, but not strictly necessary, and makes him feel respectable. Tie clip, cufflinks, money clip. Anything like that.

clip of ammo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Pick posted:

clip of ammo?
It's rude to give dads things like that, also on the no-no list are nooses, packs of razor blades, vacuum hose and roll of duct tape, etc.

• Locked thread