Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Still better than Myth dwarves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

This is very true. But I'm pretty sure 90% of the dwarves deaths are due to their own bombs killing them.

Were you wanting an update on Oswald's story this week? Well too bad! Let's learn about fairies and stuff!

Mercedes Eating

We also touch a bit on Odin's weapon, as fairies are rather well known in comparison to say... Pooka.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A nitpick. Her bow technically doesn't fire projectiles. That is a different technology from guns, where you have a bullet pushed through a barrel. Hers might be classified as an energy or incendiary device.
Nice dog commentary.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I would argue that since her weapon is a crossbow, her attacks are emulating projectiles. They don't go off forever, we see that they do have weight of some sort with her special attacks. So it's more like energy projectile in my mind. I imagine it's up for interpretation though. I won't disregard what you're saying. I'm just hesitant to call her magic fire when something coming up in the game would be better described as it.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Alright, it's update time. Now we get to see another side of the Cauldron War. This time from Oswald's perspective. Just about every character has been present for this battle, which is pretty cool.

The Black Sword Ch 2

So far, not a lot has really happened to Oswald. We've learned some neat things about his powers and his sword. But otherwise it's things we already knew. The most interesting thing so far has been his prologue.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That was a nice second phase of the airship battle.
Loved that treasure chest spawning after three minutes. Terrible, but still better than having to wait under a waterfall to give the password.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

While I don't particularly upset with this hidden prism. I definitely think the phrasing could be a bit better. I don't think there would ever be a time when the fight would last three minutes, and if you didn't realize the enemy that isn't special in any way was the leader then you would just leave. I feel like if it was in a mid boss fight room it would work better.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Things don't seem to be looking too good for Oswald. With his whole world crashing around him, he ends up in the lowest of lows.

UPDATE
The Black Sword Chapter Three

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The hive opening would be big enough to allow many bees to enter and get out. It is basically an airport hub. Bees are something you should study.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 19, 2017

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I would love to know more about bees if you have any other useful information. The bees look really cool in this, though kind of scary.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You really should look them up. Some of them are armored nest killers in small groups. I can tell you that depending on the flower, different hives can make hundreds of kinds of honey with various kinds of light to dark flavors. They spend their down time flapping their wings to cool down the hive from the inside. They swarm larger invader insects by forming a hot ball that boils the insides of the invader, just short of killing themselves. Their poison causes more bees to attack you and it could shut down certain organs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I had heard about the boiling invaders, and that is both terrifying and cool. I'm glad the ones in the game don't do that. They're large enough that they could probably pull it off.

• Locked thread