Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

bit controversial this, but i wish we had signed suarez instead of maybe james rodriquez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Krooooooooos!

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

oh man that's my favorite kind of goal
agreed

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hegay posted:

bit controversial this, but i wish we had signed suarez instead of maybe james rodriquez
he's a racist with physical imperfections, wouldn't fit in with the masculine and socially responsible whites

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

he's a racist with physical imperfections, wouldn't fit in with the masculine and socially responsible whites

Quite right. Allow me to point you towards the Real Madrid Style Guide...

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

I'm happy that James was involved in that, but I'm not sure what James has to do to get back into the starting lineup.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

hmm good points, but Benzema blackmails team mates and fucks child prostitutes and also has physical imperfections. In my fanfic suarez would also start hitting the gym

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Grim Up North posted:

I'm happy that James was involved in that, but I'm not sure what James has to do to get back into the starting lineup.

I believe he has to murder a few of his peers.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Zidane should force James outwide on the left where he played for Porto until he earns this retarded free role that he insists on playing/just plays

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Grim Up North posted:

He should show up early at training and leave late and maybe stop clubbing all the time and getting fat. Then score some goals and get some assist

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Hegay posted:

He should show up early at training and leave late and maybe stop clubbing all the time and getting fat. Then score some goals and get some assist

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hegay posted:

hmm good points, but Benzema blackmails team mates and fucks child prostitutes and also has physical imperfections. In my fanfic suarez would also start hitting the gym

Benzema is also a Muslim which is pretty icky.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Zidane should force James outwide on the left where he played for Porto until he earns this retarded free role that he insists on playing/just plays

Isco and James are both pretty much hosed because Zidane operates with that Modric/Kroos *fm-speak* double eight midfield

Keeping Di Maria would have been wiser because he's more able to cover for Ronaldo or Bale

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

that orellana kid is good

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Well, that's three points.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Grim Up North posted:

that orellana kid is good
he's 30 years old

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

manchego posted:

Well, that's three points.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
C.F Real Trampas

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Reminder that the game coming up, Leganes and Atleti, is being played in a stadium that holds under 8,000 peeps. Should be interesting.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Leganes looked tactically and defensively great to steal a point from Atletico

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Hegay posted:

trained by Badalona

mods?????

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Athletic are playing better than Barca and I hope they win.

Obviously that would happen.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

gorgeous goal right there

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
this ref is absolute poo poo loving mateo lahoz

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
I'm looking forward to seeing what Athletic do in the Europe this season. They're fun to watch.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Bilbao just can't put anything away. Inaki Williams is loving awesome until the finish

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Bilbao just can't put anything away. Inaki Williams is loving awesome until the finish

In fairness to him, that last chance he had was at his feet with not a lot of time to shoot it. Ter Stegen was in a good spot.

Speaking of Ter Stegen, I'm going to enjoy him giving away some cheap goals this season.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

gonna be mad if bilbao dont get something from this...been BY FAR the better side

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

gonna be mad if bilbao dont get something from this...been BY FAR the better side

They really have. Barcelona, as always, only need a few seconds of brilliance to put games away. However, Athletic have looked great.

Suarez really needed to score there. Or pass, Turan was wide open.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
fucks sake that was close for Athletic

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I am shocked that Barcelona received a favorable call there

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Cunts win, oh well.

Athletic are going to do a job this season and lol at Saurez's misses.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Looks like a three way race for the league between Barca, Real, and Las Palmas. I for one support the brave boys from the Canary Islands

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Villarreal is so unlucky not to be ahead yet against Sevilla.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hegay posted:

ah yes, hes real good, what a prospect, trained by Badalona (not the La Liga one haha)

Badalona is a quaint town just up the coast from Barcelona.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid lost their transfer ban appeals which means no signings until 2018 for both. Their last chance at overturning this is to appeal to the CAS. Has anything other than the Bosman ruling been overturned by CAS in recent memory?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid lost their transfer ban appeals which means no signings until 2018 for both. Their last chance at overturning this is to appeal to the CAS. Has anything other than the Bosman ruling been overturned by CAS in recent memory?

Didn't the CAS have a later ruling that said a player could buy out the remaining years on his contract? I seem to remember something like that happening in like 2007.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

blue footed boobie posted:

Didn't the CAS have a later ruling that said a player could buy out the remaining years on his contract? I seem to remember something like that happening in like 2007.

The Webster ruling, which hasn't done a great deal except inflate contracts a bit more

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The Webster ruling, which hasn't done a great deal except inflate contracts a bit more

That's the one.

Also, CAS's wikipedia page has a list of some stuff they've done. It's more than I expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_of_Arbitration_for_Sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Can't believe Real Madrid and Atletico kidnapped and raped all those little African kids

disgusting clubs

• Locked thread