Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-08-true-latinos-age-slower-ethnicities.html

quote:

"Latinos live longer than Caucasians, despite experiencing higher rates of diabetes and other diseases. Scientists refer to this as the 'Hispanic paradox,'" said lead author Steve Horvath, a professor of human genetics at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.

quote:

When the scientists examined the DNA from blood-which reveals the health of a person's immune system—they were struck by differences linked to ethnicity. In particular, the scientists noticed that, after accounting for differences in cell composition, the blood of Latinos and the Tsimane aged more slowly than other groups.

quote:

the biological clock measured Latino women's age as 2.4 years younger than non-Latino women of the same age after menopause.

quote:

The Tsimane aged even more slowly than Latinos. The biological clock calculated the age of their blood as two years younger than Latinos and four years younger than Caucasians.

Well, there you have it. Scientific proof white people age like milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
when i was a kid i hated the latino neighbor who would turn up the espanol jams real loud when he would barbecue almost every summer day but now i miss it
i fear hes gotten too old for it

now i just hear the kids in the street dribbling that drat basketball and im not goin out there its obviously not safe

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Thinking kills.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
We must consume latino blood to maintain our youth imo.

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
So we have scientific proof of a master race now?

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I wish to drink the fiery blood of a virile Latino man, but I fear it will be too spicy for me.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
they also have juicy uncut cocks

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wow scientists are real racist

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
taxonomically speaking, whites are *farts*

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
i should've chosen latino instead of gay

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Huh? How did I end up at Stormfront?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hispanic? But what about herpanic.

Don't Latinas turn into abuelas when they are 40.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Aren't most Latinos, like, technically Caucasian or something?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
drat I'm really gonna miss out on years 93 and 94. Bet I would have had some awesome times as a senile invalid pooping my pants in a nursing home.

Enjoy those years Hispanic goons, they are your birthright!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Chomp8645 posted:

Enjoy those years Hispanic goons, they are your birthright!

NICE POST, HITLER

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
muchos dias, muchachos

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I still get carded at bars for having a 'young face' so yay :mexico:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
:biotruths:

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
lol at liberals saying evolution made humans smarter than other creatures while pretending there's no genetic variance in intelligence between the races

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
hey, we're just figuring out what everyones assets are to figure out what to assess for taxes

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
This is racist as gently caress there are literally z e r o differences between the races and there's no statistical evidence to show that one group performs better than another group in any field at all.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
^^^ well, there might be, but it's not exactly the easiest thing to test for considering there are obvious, very very strong confounding variables

also, there's no obvious reason why natural selection for intelligence would vary greatly in strength depending on the environment, especially over the fairly short time scales involved (intelligence is affected by a lot of different loci of small effect so the time to fixation for an intelligence-enhancing allele might be pretty long, and human coalescence times are pretty short)

Aschlafly fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 16, 2016

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Whole Internet posted:

lol at liberals saying evolution made humans smarter than other creatures while pretending there's no genetic variance in intelligence between the races
daily reminder that conservatives attribute belief in evolution as a liberal failing, are too dumb to realize that its the big bang that conflicts with biblical creationism not evolution

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
not the alt-rightists, they love evolution because they think it justifies their lovely attitudes toward women and brown people

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

gary oldmans diary posted:

daily reminder that conservatives attribute belief in evolution as a liberal failing, are too dumb to realize that its the big bang that conflicts with biblical creationism not evolution

Not really, due to a poor understanding of the theory they say it was just what happened when God clapped his hands or whatever

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Ape Fist posted:

This is racist as gently caress there are literally z e r o differences between the races and there's no statistical evidence to show that one group performs better than another group in any field at all.

Zizek is always at his most entertaining when he's annoyed by stupidity.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary posted:

daily reminder that conservatives attribute belief in evolution as a liberal failing

no, conservatives selectively believe in evolution when it benefits their sociopathic worldview

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Victis posted:

Not really, due to a poor understanding of the theory they say it was just what happened when God clapped his hands or whatever
so theyre not too dumb they just have a poor understanding
im gonna go with both

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Ibogaine posted:

Zizek is always at his most entertaining when he's annoyed by stupidity.

People get super frustrated at Zizek having the audacity to be a Marxist whilst rejecting Western NeoLiberalism.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
for instance we're assessing a tax on the sherpas and other nepalese folk for being able to breath better at a higher altitude and members of the blue man group race for being so startlingly blue

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
some of them believe in a modified version of the big bang. it's russell humphreys' "white hole" cosmology, according to which god stretched the heavens and left the earth (which is at the center of the universe) in the middle of a big magical gravity well. this supposedly allows the universe to be super old but the earth to be 6000 years old.

this predicts that light from stars should be blue shifted, not red shifted, sooooo

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I have conducted a careful meta-analysis of several different curves and assets from a wide range of research subjects, and can state with p < 0.002 certainty that latinas are fuckin hot

In summary, per the conclusion of our principle investigator, ayyy mami

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They found the fountain of youth except it's in mexico so don't drink the water or you get sick.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.

Vastarien posted:

Aren't most Latinos, like, technically Caucasian or something?

probably also why they looked at tsimane (native american group from bolivia), as a proxy for the non-caucasian component. indeed the effects observed are generally larger in tsimane than in latinos

here

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
zizek is pretty cool

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Ape Fist posted:

People get super frustrated at Zizek having the audacity to be a Marxist whilst rejecting Western NeoLiberalism.

You know what? This and your avatar makes me want to watch some Zizek now.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Perverts Guide to Ideology is pretty funny, if unintentionally so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwKjGbz60k

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I keep telling you cum skins that mexicans are the top race in this world. There's a reason every white wife fucks every mexican she knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Ape Fist posted:

Perverts Guide to Ideology is pretty funny, if unintentionally so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwKjGbz60k

Yeah, both pervert's guides are a lot of fun. I'm watching him talking about Wagner and Brexit right now.

https://youtu.be/Xtfe4tfOoDM

• Locked thread