Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

canpakes posted:

What's the one about the two misfits where one is crippled and one is huge and maybe blind and they combine forces?
Freak the Mighty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

Cowboy Pope posted:

There was this book called The Eyes of Kid Midas that was about some dumbass kid that kept getting relentlessly pranked on by some much stronger boy. On a camping trip or something he was apparently taking with his aggressor, he comes upon a pair of sunglasses sitting in a beam of light on a plateau like a burning bush. He throws them shits on like any desperately uncool teen, and soon realized his new hater blockers have properties. He makes wishes, and they are granted, and everything goes real great until it gets to the point where everything he thinks immediately comes true and he glasses fuse themselves to his face. He tries to cut them off with hedge clippers to no avail, they are a part of him. The book climaxes with him laying in a bathtub full of freezing water in an attempt to deprive the glasses of the energy they need to tear the world apart based on the whims of his adolescent brain while they're just ruining everything. I do not remember what happened after that. Kind of a weird book for kids.
I read this once or twice as a kid. I remember that he accidentally made 1+1=3 at one point.

• Locked thread