Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Applewhite posted:

There was this one book about this kid that got stranded in the Canadian wilderness and the only thing he had with him was this hatchet.
I remember he had to use the hatchet to survive and that hatchet came in handy in all sorts of unexpected ways.
He even used the hatchet to start a fire by scraping the hatchet against some flint.

Basically the hatchet ends up saving this kid's life.

I this it was called "Living in the Woods Axe Boy"

This is obviously an ironic post, but the book was "Hatchet".

There is one book from my childhood that I'm curious about. It was post apocalyptic, taking place after a nuclear war. Humanity had been reduced to a roughly neolithic stage of civilization with humans utilizing stone tools, being capable of a limited amount of metallurgy, and dwelling in primitive cities. Some how the protagonist happens upon a nuclear holocaust proof briefcase computer created by NASA to help rebuild modern civilization. At some point in the plot humanity comes into conflict with a race of mutant rat people, who conveniently live in the sewers beneath human settlements, and are eager on recovering the computer for themselves. There is an ensuing conflict, and at first the ratkin have the upper hand, but then the humans venture beneath the surface and napalm the ever living gently caress out the rat people dwellings with greek fire esque Molotov cocktails. In the end some rebel faction of the rat people take charge of their species, make peace with humanity, and agree to vacate human settlements as a result of their desire to progress without utilizing past human technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread