Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

OctoberBlues posted:

That's kinda what I was thinking. It sounds like he used to get drunk all the time and I can imagine that eating crazy poo poo for the internet is a cool life when you're drunk all the time. Probably makes the actual eating easier to accomplish if you are drunk at the time too.

If he's high 24/7 not only is he probably way overthinking how he makes a living, it probably also makes it very hard to actually consume the disgusting food. I know the stereotype is that stoners eat all the time, but I find when I'm high it's really hard to eat something that I don't like, way harder than when I am drunk.

not to mention alcohol helps blocks all those feelings/memories while weed makes you way too aware and easy to overanalyze. could be a difficult/overwhelming transition.

la beast smoke CBD weed. seriously helps with anxiety. relaxes you but you feel clear headed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

Un chien andalou posted:

If he is indeed smoking just oil, that poo poo is nefarious and will gently caress up your head more than any actual weed can. it gives a way cleaner high which means you feel more comfortable taking it in any circumstance, which leads to being high all the time, and I guess the potency amplifies all the negative mental effects or something (I speak from experience). The good news is that it shouldn't be permanent.

also ease of use, convenience and basically being able to do it anywhere since it barely smells.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

pfs Write posted:

weed when you are dealing with anxiety over possibly embarrassing yourself is bad. he doesn't like the eating vids and the weed probably makes him more insular and worrying about all that poo poo. i can't imagine what it must feel like to be that publicly viewed from doing things like that. he liked the attention and got wrapped up in it now regrets it.

la beast delete your account and just move on

That and his direct family are all doctors and/or have high paying careers so he prob feels like the black sheep.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Way too many people smoke weed wrong. The daily lifer types get like this sometimes and dont ever realize/admit it's coming from the weed. I smoked daily for a year and a half and that last half was marked by intense paranoia discomfort and dyspohoria and it took me until a dry spell to realize the weed was the culprit.

Smoke and have fun but its not actually for everyone and sometimes your brain chemistry will change. What used to be blissful self medication can turn into a nightmare if you're stupid about it. I share a bowl once every few months around the right people but i dont smoke daily anymore and I'm so much better off mentally for it. The la beast obviously needs a long break and a complete cessation of regular use

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
weed tolerance builds up fast. if your smoking daily you shouldn't be getting super high and paranoid. that only happens to noobs

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
LA Beast here, about to read some FYAD. I love making GBS threads inside...

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The kind if paranoia that pops up after long term heavy smoking isnt the same as the noob got too high kind of paranoia. It aint looking out your window every 15 seconds for cops. Its more like half way to a psychotic episode. Dont be dense.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

hemophilia posted:

The kind if paranoia that pops up after long term heavy smoking isnt the same as the noob got too high kind of paranoia. It aint looking out your window every 15 seconds for cops. Its more like half way to a psychotic episode. Dont be dense.

I must be really, really resistant to paranoia because I've gone months without not smoking before. On the other hand, one pill too many of adderall and I'm hiding under my bed and getting a 30 day probe from TCC.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm guessing it's going to vary from person to person, come on folks... :rolleyes:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I must be really, really resistant to paranoia because I've gone months without not smoking before. On the other hand, one pill too many of adderall and I'm hiding under my bed and getting a 30 day probe from TCC.

Haha im like the opposite. Adderall turns me into a twitchy but confident guy. I know i shouldn't be in public but i also just handle my poo poo sort of thing. Weed these days is something i have to basically say ok im not going anywhere or talking to anyone for 4-6 hours

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Rutibex posted:

weed tolerance builds up fast. if your smoking daily you shouldn't be getting super high and paranoid. that only happens to noobs

yeah it has nothing to do with how high you actually get... its more that prolonged and constant exposure fucks with your head in really subtle ways that are hard to notice, especially since you aren't really high. That's kind of the point too, you don't think it could be the weed since ''its not like I'm super baked all the time''

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Have we gotten to the part where tcc goons recommend heroin over weed yet

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

ElGroucho posted:

Thats how I made my first few millions

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

ElGroucho posted:

What a bunch of nonsense.

He clearly needs to re-wire his brain by dropping acid a few times.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
LA Beast here, and today I have with me 100 different Chinese research chemicals........

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

gently caress the ROW posted:

Thats how I made my first few millions

Holy poo poo what a reference.

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe
they had crystal pepsi at my local publix so i just bought a bottle. will pour some out into the toilet in honor of my boy

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Now that Crystal Pepsi is back, a whole new generation of kids will discover the reason it was taken off the market in the first place!

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe
well i also bought malt liquor and microwaveable lasagna so uh, you know...not really a refined palate here

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I made a thread about crystal pepsi actually - I like it because it's kind of a magic trick, and maybe if they had a diet version I would buy it more than once, but it's definitely nothing amazing. I don't think the LA Beast even really liked it to begin with, he just had happy memories of it being around when he was a kid.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Which is odd. It was around so briefly I hardly remember it. The Crystal Gravy SNL commercial had more of an impact on me.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Crystal Pepsi schtick was always mostly ironic with everyone (Brad Jones had a runner about it on his site) because it was one of those weird "blink and you missed it" culture novelties of the 90s that set you apart from every other "90s kid" gently caress who wanted a cookie for remembering Goosebumps, Pogs, Super Nintendo, and MC Hammer.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

*picture of yo-kai watch*

Only 2010 Kids Remember

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Really cool kids want to bring back Pepsi Blue.

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Snes is still relevant fucker

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Maybe he should smoke more weed?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BONGHITZ posted:

Maybe he should smoke more weed?

Well he's not the kind of guy to ease off on the throttle on any aspect of his life, is he?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
LA Beast here. I'm gonna read allllll these calculus textbooks. Then, I'm gonna pass the exam... without a calculator!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

mind the walrus posted:

Goosebumps, Pogs, Super Nintendo, and MC Hammer.

haha wow trip down memory lane here...thanks for this love letter to the '80's

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Zorodius posted:

LA Beast here. I'm gonna read allllll these calculus textbooks. Then, I'm gonna pass the exam... without a calculator!

Wowzers!

*eats textbook*

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

8 track betamax posted:

haha wow trip down memory lane here...thanks for this love letter to the '80's

Only early 2016 goons remember:

suck my dick you fuckman

ahrehrejhejajaj
Aug 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

Only early 2016 goons remember:

suck my dick you fuckman

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zorodius posted:

Can't wait for the follow up video where he has a 30 minute calculator poo poo the next morning

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
This article from two years ago calls him a McDonald's chef. Any truth to that? Not that McDonald's employs chefs, that LA Beast was working at McDonald's at 30 years old. It gives some insight into how much money he was really making and how off the rails his life is, especially as he tries to get away from eating stunts.

Among the many things he must not understand about walking across the country while uploading videos is that it would make him easy to track. If he wants viewers he would have to post regularly and share his progress. But if he does that it's not hard to look at the major highways on a map, guess his route, and guess his location within 20 miles. He's already paranoid and gets upset when people ask him to eat something. I don't think he could walk for a week without some rear end in a top hat throwing a bag of Burger King at him from a moving vehicle.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The Twinkie Czar posted:

This article from two years ago calls him a McDonald's chef. Any truth to that? Not that McDonald's employs chefs, that LA Beast was working at McDonald's at 30 years old. It gives some insight into how much money he was really making and how off the rails his life is, especially as he tries to get away from eating stunts.

Among the many things he must not understand about walking across the country while uploading videos is that it would make him easy to track. If he wants viewers he would have to post regularly and share his progress. But if he does that it's not hard to look at the major highways on a map, guess his route, and guess his location within 20 miles. He's already paranoid and gets upset when people ask him to eat something. I don't think he could walk for a week without some rear end in a top hat throwing a bag of Burger King at him from a moving vehicle.

No, I think the person who wrote that might be mentally challenged or something... he never worked for McDonalds and I don't believe he even implies that he does in that video.

He's very hot and cold on the people meeting him as he walks thing too. At first he was all about that, but as he's grown and angrier and more paranoid he's trying to encourage crazy people to not follow him. It's funny because normal people are not going to visit the LA Beast and walk with him. It will either be psychos or really loving awkward people like in that one crystal pepsi video, so it's not going to be fun for the poor guy.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

No, I think the person who wrote that might be mentally challenged or something... he never worked for McDonalds and I don't believe he even implies that he does in that video.

He's very hot and cold on the people meeting him as he walks thing too. At first he was all about that, but as he's grown and angrier and more paranoid he's trying to encourage crazy people to not follow him. It's funny because normal people are not going to visit the LA Beast and walk with him. It will either be psychos or really loving awkward people like in that one crystal pepsi video, so it's not going to be fun for the poor guy.

There's just more and more reasons not to do this walking thing. He doesn't want the attention without having some control over it, his initial goal is more based on him wanting to do something too fast instead of recordbreaking or otherwise special, and it's very dull to watch. Seriously, look at his walking videos: it's basically him deciding to talk at his phone occasionally with nothing really to relate or talk about, and its dull as hell. At least with his other videos when he was getting hurt or showing how much of a baby he was there was some kind of dramatic tension. That's missing when you just have him looking into his phone camera walking around and not really connecting with it.

He needs to get his head straight and either go back into competitive eating and stunts. Physical challenges are something that he really can't make work and he seems to be catching onto that fact.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
It be might better if he was working at McDonald's on the side. He would at least have some job history and advancement options. He's 32, grew up wealthy, lived on his own on $50/year, and now if he quits doing dangerous stunts that he doesn't like he's going back to entry level work. He's at a scary point in his life and I think he knows it. By walking across the country is he also walking back to his family in New Jersey? Maybe he wants to give up and go home but he has to wrap it up into accomplishing a big stunt.

A lot of people would watch him travel across the country if he was doing his old stunts along the way but that's just not what he wants.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I look forward to more and more awkward encounters such as this one

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

OctoberBlues posted:

I look forward to more and more awkward encounters such as this one

e: 88

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

yeah

• Locked thread