Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Y'know I've been joking about how LA Beast was going to end up a trainwreck of a human being for what feels like years now, but I really thought someone would have stepped in and stopped him by this point. This is like the bystander effect on a global scale-- the kind-of running joke you'd see in a Warren Ellis comic or Infinite Jest wannabe 20 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Now I'm going to be really disappointed if he doesn't. Someone tweet at him.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

For a culture that relentlessly sucks on South Park's dick it's p. funny how few people seem to remember the "Kenny is a whore" episode when looking at LA Beast, including Beast himself.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Naerasa posted:

Dude that episode's probably 15 years old now, most people who watch LA beast aren't even that old.

Valid point.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm usually first in line to cast shade on an entertainer for being fake for the sake of marketing but I really don't thing Beast fakes his stuff. And in this case that's part of the problem.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

He'd have a very hard time transitioning to a more traditional job waiting tables where the pay cut and general indignities are more constant but also less personal.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Crystal Pepsi schtick was always mostly ironic with everyone (Brad Jones had a runner about it on his site) because it was one of those weird "blink and you missed it" culture novelties of the 90s that set you apart from every other "90s kid" gently caress who wanted a cookie for remembering Goosebumps, Pogs, Super Nintendo, and MC Hammer.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Theophany posted:

I'm not sure if I should feel happy or sad that people like this guy exist to answer dumb poo poo questions literally nobody asked.

When it was just a goofy kid loving around to a surprisingly large audience: Happy

When it was an overgrown boy chained to a revenue stream of sadism with his audience fully aware of how trapped he is: Sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

LA Beast here I'm just gonna eat bubble wrap then film me pooping it out in one continuous roll

• Locked thread