Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

We all remember the LA Beast, right? He's done some crazy things, like eating a 5 lb package of sugar free gummy bears, eating a cactus, and drinking an old crystal pepsi and immediately throwing it up!

Lately the Beast has gotten a little weird. He's done live chats where he seems to be more and more unhinged. He doesn't do eating challenges anymore and berates fans who ask him why. He is training to become the fastest man to walk across America. I don't remember his exact plan, but it's something like 40 miles a day, every day, for three months. He is woefully unprepared for this. But don't worry! He smokes a lot of marijuana now, like crazy amounts. This leads to a lot of new videos where he just screams things like a mentally challenged person and people comment about how they are worried about him.

ANYWAY. He recently posted this video of a car accident he was in, and judging by the car (seen in the preview shot and at 5:20) he should be dead. I can only imagine he was high as balls speeding down the road and saw a fly or something and swerved off the road. The accident almost certainly killed his pet tarantula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8mo50j5g08

So, if you want to watch the LA Beast complete his mental breakdown, just stay tuned to his channel. It's no longer funny or entertaining, but it is fascinating in a psychological kind of way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hell Yeah posted:

i unironically like la beast, even the insane version.

The LA Beast can teach us all a lesson about how the grass isn't always greener. The man got paid a decent amount of money (probably between $50K-$100K a year) just to post one video a week of himself eating something ridiculous and looking stupid. Most of us would love that life - a few hours of work a week and you're kind of famous. But the LA Beast seems miserable and longs for something more meaningful in life. Makes you think.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

subhuman filth posted:

lol hes right at the age where schizophrenia hits dudes...

Are they still saying that marijuana use can trigger schizophrenia if you're already so inclined? I 100% think marijuana should be legal and use it myself, but ever since the LA beast started eating/smoking weed daily something has gone wrong in his brain. When half the comments on your videos are people concerned about your mental health, perhaps you should go talk to a professional and not just continue preparing for your walk across america AKA Death March.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jst0rm posted:

he should do a string of videos of him just eating normal poo poo.

I think someone suggested that he just do normal food reviews in one of the video chats and he got all bitchy about it like "I'm not doing food anymore, you can't make me!!"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

extra stout posted:

he makes even more money off this poo poo than you estimated but (and this could be a hoax) he did mention one time something about having stomach cancer, changed the subject, but that's probably why he doesn't do eating glue vids anymore

either he has ulcers, or cancer, or pretended to have cancer

You think a guy with 229 million views over six years who has only very very rarely done sponsor type stuff is making over $100k a year? That... just isn't so.

edit: I'm also pretty sure he even said in one of his live chats that he's not making six figures, but that he does make more than he did working for Pepsi.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 17, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

It all started when he bought a vape pen and tried smoking hash oil for the first time while playing super Mario Bros TM

Truth

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just watched an LA beast video from january and he says that while he was planning to start his walk across america in August or September, he thinks he will probably move it up to April.

Hmm, guess not.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Captain Video posted:

I like how his tone of voice always conveys both solemness and stupidity.

I don't like how he posts a video once a millenia though, so my one stop shop for competitive/masochistic eating remains WrecklessEating

I tried to watch that channel once and those people are the most annoying goddamn idiots I have ever seen. The LA Beast may be stupid and crazy but I think he is a genuinely nice person. The wreckless eating people seem like they are just rear end in a top hat douchebags. Especially the really fat one with giant bags under his eyes who looks like he is going to die very soon.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think I've watched Chuck before, he's pretty good. I don't mind the dude where's my challenge folks either (edit: I guess there's no dude in front of that), although I haven't watched those in awhile, I think they were getting kind of dumb for a while there. I really like cult moo, which is still a pretty small channel, although they do regular food reviews more often than crazy stuff.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

He's doing like 15 hits off of this thing, I do one and get pretty wrecked, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXvwQOD0F8o

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Oh, I also forgot another great LA Beast moment. He eats raw meat and then feels sick for like three weeks straight so he just assumes he has a tapeworm or something. Okay, makes sense I guess. But at the exact same time he ate the raw meat he also started taking "Furious Cuts" these weird diet pills made by youtuber Furious Pete. Even when people tell him to stop taking the pills and see if that makes him feel better, he won't. Eventually he confirms that he does not have tapeworms but still refuses to attribute his feeling lovely to the pills and keeps taking them.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Here the LA Beast shows he is a beast by lifting 12 lbs weights. Then shares with us his brilliant new idea for a video. Walking to form a path that says "I Eat Poo" with a picture of pac man eating poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfmKsvOraKc

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I really do think it was the weed. I don't know when exactly he started with edibles, but right about the time he starts mentioning that he's "allegedly" just eaten some edibles, things start to go downhill, and when the vape pen is purchased, he falls off a cliff.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

That can't be true. I was told, right here on the internet, that pot smoking is really good for a person and the world would be a better place if everyone smoked it all the time.

On the other hand sam up there smokes weed all the time and he's just nice and mellow. You never know!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Those crayons said non-toxic right on the box dammit!!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I hate yankees posted:

his irl friends should probably have a heart to heart with him imo, but that assumes he has real and true friends in la

I don't think he does, it came up on one of the livechats or something that he didn't have anyone in LA to help him move so he ended up hiring some kind of service.

He at least used to have a roommate at that other place, but now that he lives alone I think he just spends all day vaping and yelling into cameras by himself.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

dookifex_maximus posted:

i like the guys who eat antique rations

Those guys are also cool, especially steve1989

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

goddamn how does he answer any of those questions it's just a neverending stream of bullshit on the chat window.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The beast is back

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

lol, so it was definitely the weed

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Goddamn but he's coming across as a bitter dumb rear end in a top hat now

Yeah I had to turn it off because my gf's mother is visiting and hanging out here during the day while I work, lol.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

Does anyone know what's in those pills LA Beast is taking to cut?

He's taking Furious Cuts, which from what I can tell based on Furious Pete, are probably fairly worthless and exist just to rip people off. Looks like this is what is in them?

Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 20mg
L-Camitine (3-carboxy-2-hydroxy-N) 1000mg
L-Phenylalanine (2-amino-3-phenyl-propanoic acid) 1000mg
Caffeine anhydrous 200mg
Roseroot extract (root) (Rhodiola rosea) 200mg [standardized for 4% rosavin / 1% salidroside]
L-Tyrosine (2-amino-3-(4-hydroxyphenl)propionic acid) 200mg
Chromium Picolinate 100mg
Cayenne pepper extract (fruit) (capsicum minimum) 30mg

Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, glycerin, modified cellulose gum, carrageenan, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, color.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

He does know about the 45 day record or whatever, he talked about it in one of the vlogs, I don't know if he intends to try to beat it, or is going to find some excuse to say that doesn't count and do it in 60 days or whatever.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Weed helps with my social anxiety

*smokes 24/7 and stays in his house alone all day long yelling at small cameras*

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yeah, anyone questioning his sanity should just watch the last q&a which is now up. It's an hour and forty minutes of him being an off the rails dickhead psycho.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upqbsTlsOlY&t=2455s

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Here's the other takeaway from today's show. (I feel dumb even watching all this poo poo, but I need something on in the background while I'm "working" during the day)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upqbsTlsOlY&t=347s

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

remember when he ate a cactus

He's done that several times.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That's probably for the best, he basically told large swaths of his subscribers to gently caress off and acted like a not sane person. I would think his family and friends from back home watch these videos, someone he trusts probably told him to loving scrub that poo poo.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

mike12345 posted:

Maybe visit him, and give him a hug. He probably needs it.

He looks awfully paranoid these days, he'd probably shank me.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Wowza!? :captainpop:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

i want to see this ridiculous man melt down

Wasn't there some guy that was going to walk to the world cup and he died of course and his family thought he probably had a death wish and that's why he did it.

Something to think about when considering the LA beast and his dreams.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

pfs Write posted:

weed when you are dealing with anxiety over possibly embarrassing yourself is bad. he doesn't like the eating vids and the weed probably makes him more insular and worrying about all that poo poo. i can't imagine what it must feel like to be that publicly viewed from doing things like that. he liked the attention and got wrapped up in it now regrets it.

la beast delete your account and just move on

That's kinda what I was thinking. It sounds like he used to get drunk all the time and I can imagine that eating crazy poo poo for the internet is a cool life when you're drunk all the time. Probably makes the actual eating easier to accomplish if you are drunk at the time too.

If he's high 24/7 not only is he probably way overthinking how he makes a living, it probably also makes it very hard to actually consume the disgusting food. I know the stereotype is that stoners eat all the time, but I find when I'm high it's really hard to eat something that I don't like, way harder than when I am drunk.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The early beast videos where he tries to act some kind of badass new yorker are loving ridiculous. I assume he had some kind of accent from growing up in NJ but these seem a little exaggerated and there's no trace of it in his voice now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJI2Z9p1msg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtxvaulknUY

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm guessing it's going to vary from person to person, come on folks... :rolleyes:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I made a thread about crystal pepsi actually - I like it because it's kind of a magic trick, and maybe if they had a diet version I would buy it more than once, but it's definitely nothing amazing. I don't think the LA Beast even really liked it to begin with, he just had happy memories of it being around when he was a kid.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The Twinkie Czar posted:

This article from two years ago calls him a McDonald's chef. Any truth to that? Not that McDonald's employs chefs, that LA Beast was working at McDonald's at 30 years old. It gives some insight into how much money he was really making and how off the rails his life is, especially as he tries to get away from eating stunts.

Among the many things he must not understand about walking across the country while uploading videos is that it would make him easy to track. If he wants viewers he would have to post regularly and share his progress. But if he does that it's not hard to look at the major highways on a map, guess his route, and guess his location within 20 miles. He's already paranoid and gets upset when people ask him to eat something. I don't think he could walk for a week without some rear end in a top hat throwing a bag of Burger King at him from a moving vehicle.

No, I think the person who wrote that might be mentally challenged or something... he never worked for McDonalds and I don't believe he even implies that he does in that video.

He's very hot and cold on the people meeting him as he walks thing too. At first he was all about that, but as he's grown and angrier and more paranoid he's trying to encourage crazy people to not follow him. It's funny because normal people are not going to visit the LA Beast and walk with him. It will either be psychos or really loving awkward people like in that one crystal pepsi video, so it's not going to be fun for the poor guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I look forward to more and more awkward encounters such as this one

• Locked thread