Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

OctoberBlues posted:

He is training to become the fastest man to walk across America. I don't remember his exact plan, but it's something like 40 miles a day, every day, for three months. He is woefully unprepared for this.

He's planning on doing the crossing in 64 days which is the equivalent of 1.8 marathons every day.

I have no idea why he's planning on doing it in 64 days because the record for the last 36 years has been 46 days 8 hours. There's also an ultra-marathon dude who's about to attempt to do it in just 45 days and a 57 year old dude did the crossing in 52 days in 2008. Doing it in 64 days would actually be really impressive but it wouldn't be anywhere near the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Keg posted:

What if he did it while pushing a cart full of bottled water?

Depends, is he doing the Death Valley crossing in summer?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mind the walrus posted:

This is like the bystander effect on a global scale-- the kind-of running joke you'd see in a Warren Ellis comic or Infinite Jest wannabe 20 years ago.

I can just imagine Charlie Brooker writing a Black Mirror episode around LA Beast

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

whoflungpoop posted:

when goons lose their minds all sorts of bizzare impulses bubble up and they cant help but go outside

Sometime those bipolar mania upswings are a little too upswingy and they end up posting a thread about their Great New Idea which will Totally Fix Their Life and then they can't back down and they have to attempt to go through with it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't think he does, it came up on one of the livechats or something that he didn't have anyone in LA to help him move so he ended up hiring some kind of service.

He at least used to have a roommate at that other place, but now that he lives alone I think he just spends all day vaping and yelling into cameras by himself.

Wait, so his main contact with the outside world is via the youtube comments on his videos? No wonder he's going loving crazy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The feed went down almost immediately :(

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ah ha ha ha, you could practically see the gears turning in his head as he was answering the question about whether people could join him on his walk across America. "Sure! That'd be great!! Just ... no crazy people. Uh ..... oh. Uh ...."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
He uses that "oxygen tent" for hotboxing, guaranteed

Edit: gently caress that was a banal comment, I think LA Beast's weird raving and all these lovely youtube comments are making me dumber

Edit: poo poo he's only walked 2000 miles in total since January and he's planning on doing a nonstop 3,200 mile walk in October.

Edit: holy poo poo he's getting angry and defensive about the questions why he doesn't have a girlfriend. He's getting crazy misogynistic

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 22, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Goddamn but he's coming across as a bitter dumb rear end in a top hat now

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh poo poo he bought the oxygen tent after watching a TED talk by magician David Blaine.

He's a magician, you moron. His stunts are tricks.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Goddamn he wants to learn how to play drums because he thinks he's good at air drums wtf

SmokaDustbowl posted:

he's acting like my best friend before he attempted suicide, it's uncomfortable

Dang

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Haaa he's started blocking people

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

steinrokkan posted:

laying some sick truths about the www and not being able to cyber in tyool 2016

And masturbation tips & tricks

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I liked the subtle implication that it was his mother/female relatives who are the cause for his hosed up opinions about crazy bitches women, it kinda explains a lot about him

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Chinatown posted:

remember when he ate a cactus

Remember when he shat a cactus after eating a cactus

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Node posted:

i wish he'd stop this walking bullshit and go back to throwing up

Especially since there's zero chance he'll actually complete the challenge within his 64 day limit, or at all. It's a complete waste of time.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Well, maybe if there was an ostrich chasing him the entire 3,200 miles

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BONGHITZ posted:

Maybe he should smoke more weed?

Well he's not the kind of guy to ease off on the throttle on any aspect of his life, is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zorodius posted:

LA Beast here. I'm gonna read allllll these calculus textbooks. Then, I'm gonna pass the exam... without a calculator!

Can't wait for the follow up video where he has a 30 minute calculator poo poo the next morning

• Locked thread