Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Pour a drink on the streets of Collingwood for my homies the old black Dunlop volley...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mange Mite posted:

I call them my jort shoes

joots

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

rezatahs posted:

pineapple pizza shoes

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nathilus posted:

Two things to NOT do in doc martins tho:

1. Any amount of legit running

2. Skateboarding

They are great for kicking people though.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I knew a guy who wore those finger toe shoes and he very insouciantly told me that he had dreams about being molested by his mother.

On a more related note basketball shoes, dress shoes and skating shoes are all good shoes.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i own many pairs of Adidas Sambas ranging from fresh to should have been thrown out years ago, i love them all

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

cruel shoes op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feTrJSWnqdk

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

spud posted:

They are great for kicking people though.

They protect your toesies from a lot of different kinds of trauma and abuse. Some idiot rolled a space mountain car over my foot when I worked there, despite a ritual of "coming over" arm crossing replied to with another gesture that meant "ok clear not pushin buttons over here" that we were all trained on. Those cars weigh like 600 pounds and have 4 small wheels. Thanks to the docs I wasn't even hurt. Hell not even the docs were hurt. Pro boots.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Nathilus posted:

They protect your toesies from a lot of different kinds of trauma and abuse. Some idiot rolled a space mountain car over my foot when I worked there, despite a ritual of "coming over" arm crossing replied to with another gesture that meant "ok clear not pushin buttons over here" that we were all trained on. Those cars weigh like 600 pounds and have 4 small wheels. Thanks to the docs I wasn't even hurt. Hell not even the docs were hurt. Pro boots.

especially the vintage ones, the leather is much stiffer and thicker (walking them in is extra-hell) but becomes nice and supple after a few months

my chinese ones broke apart after 2-3 years, so i hope these will last me a long long time

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

I've noticed that $1 flip flops are nice and $50 flip flops are nice but everything in between sucks rear end.

Aren't all flip flops pretty much identical?

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I mostly wear chucks I have like 10 pairs, including some custom "lime punch" high tops that I love but are slightly too small. I also have some Clarks chukkas I wear from time to time, and assorted running and dress shoes and a pair of knockoff adidas sambas? samoas? that I rarely wear because they are knockoffs. Anyway Chucks are the best.

I want some docs. I would wear the hell out of those penguin SA ones. Lol just lol if you wear flip flops ever, anywhere, at any time.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Beige posted:

Aren't all flip flops pretty much identical?

there's a big difference in comfort between the ones with the rubber thong and the fabric thong

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The super cheap 'classy' male black shoes that crack and rupture the outside at the slightest bend in fabric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Mange Mite posted:

I call them my jort shoes

• Locked thread