Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I placed in the top spot last time, so I'm sure now I'm gonna blow it but it's all good :)

The match I am most excited for is Cena vs AJ for Summerslam, and Joe/Nakamura for Takeover. Cena/AJ is the one I am most looking forward to across both shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Fairly weak build aside, I really want to see Rollins/Balor because that's gonna be a killer match.

People seem to be having trouble with the terms "non-roster" and "unannounced" for the last question.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 17, 2016

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

swap out this demon king nonsense for the demon KANE

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Votes made.

I'm holding onto that third place with an IRON GRIP

There's so many good matches this weekend but I'm probably most excited for Bayley/Asuka II

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 18, 2016

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Voted, I may have a date that night but I NEED to see Sasha/Charlotte.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
my picks are going to be awful but Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura is going to be outstanding

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Rank150-And-Below club member reporting in saying Nakamura vs Samoa Joe sounds like a fun match.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I am looking forward to Bayley giving Asuka a belly to Bayley suplex so hard she flies into space

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Bayley and Asuka is gonna own.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Revical/whoever, gently caress every other match

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I have no idea what's going on in WWE this month, but sure. Here's hoping the Jon Stewart factor makes for an interesting factor in the Cena and/or Rollins matches for continuity.

NilkNarf
Apr 24, 2005

...if you're into the blight.
I'm looking forward to Nakamura vs. Joe and, for some dumb rear end reason, Crews vs. The Miz. I'm not feeling especially confident with my picks though.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
As much as I expect Joe/Nakamura to be the best match of the weekend and indeed the year, I am far more invested and therefore looking forward to Bayley/Asuka the most because I'm a huge loving mark for Bayley

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious if people will start picking Ziggler because of the hot scoops.

(Ziggler will not win Sunday, I'd ALMOST :toxx: on it. Anything negative WWE might feel about Dean is magnified 1000 times with Ziggler.)

Holy loving moly ONE person so far out of over 50 respondents has picked Dolph. :lol:

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 18, 2016

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Wyatts are going to ruin Dean/Ziggler, KO/Jericho will break up for their feud for the next month. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to do a screwy finish for Rollins to win the championship but it ends up just making Finn look like a dipshit and torpedoes the demon gimmick before it gets its legs on the main roster, and I really hope I'm wrong about that. Brock's not gonna lose to Randy, and if Dana comes out after the match to help Charlotte to the back, she's going to turn on her and we get Charlotte trying to make it on her own for the next little while. Roman loses to Rusev, with Raw's match/backstage attack as the excuse for a loss, because they want him in the big title picture again and not with a mid-card belt.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the NXT title match has Ciampa and Gargano splitting up with Ciampa still sore about the CWC and set up their next program that apes KO/Zayn feud, but one the WWE can say they created rather than keeping it on from the indies. The only other thing I feel about the Takeover show is that Joe is winning to look like an even stronger champion by beating the undefeated streak of Nakamura, and Shinsuke gets sent to Smackdown in the following weeks/months.

edit: the best outcome for Finn/Seth is a double turn with the Club coming out and trying to take out Seth's knee, but that's even less likely than John Stewart costing Cena a match again.

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 18, 2016

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

A whole lot of matches I'm really looking forward to. Asuka/Bayley, Joe/Nakamura, Cena/Styles and Rollins/Balor should all be fantastic and most other matches have the potential to be at least good or even great. Maybe most excited for Big Match John and Soccer Mom Styles, though.

Also my picks are super excellent and so are yours.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There's a lot of matches I can't wait to see but maybe the top of my list is Asuka vs Bayley.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the best match will be The Revival vs Gargano/Ciampa

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/766351063964352513

Welp congratulations to Ostentatious

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I'm giving ten points to Ostentatious for guessing "gets suspended for 30 days on a wellness violation" on the Eva question.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh my god

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lmao

How is that match otherwise going to be counted? I certainly made my choice of team...(checks)....NEMAB based on Eva Marie being there!

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Just say something to entertain the folks at home and I'll give you two points. Ostentatious won that question.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Golashes posted:

Just say something to entertain the folks at home and I'll give you two points. Ostentatious won that question.

And here I was still confident earlier today that my answer was going to be the best one

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Ostentatious gave Eva Marie the drugs :tinfoil:

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I like to think getting suspended is the equivalent of loving dying.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Filled one in. Missed a couple of months. Looking forward to Joe/Nakamura. Two of my favorite wrestlers going at it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Golashes posted:

I'm giving ten points to Ostentatious for guessing "gets suspended for 30 days on a wellness violation" on the Eva question.

:lol: thats awesome

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I literally had "wellness violation" typed out but decided to go with a dumb TNA reference at the last second

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Picks are in.
Here's to staying in the middle of the pack.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I applaud Eva Marie's dedication to self improvement.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Golashes posted:

:perfect:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i'm looking forward to dolph/ambrose but like all ambrose ppv matches they'll probably panic book it too long and gently caress it up

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Golashes posted:

As is proper.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt, which is why I missed the Battleground thread and I'm probably WAAAAYYYY behind now (e: nearly 100 points back :smith:)

Anyway, submitted, and looking forward to Seth/Finn probably more than anything. Y'all can hate all you want, the Demon owns :allears:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 19, 2016

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
I'm loving furious at myself for not thinking of the wellness violation thing.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I think that night will be my night

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I'm most looking forward to seeing Nakamura live, but I think the dark horse candidate for best match of the weekend will be Revival vs Gargano/Ciampa.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Meh, not really interested any of the mens matches, so I'll go with Sasha vs Charlotte. I really liked their match on the first Raw of the brand split. Can't believe I'm saying this, but the next match I'm most interested in seeing is Rusev vs Roman. I hate Roman a lot less when not in the world heavy weight title scene. That and Rusev has been the best, funniest, and most entertaining of the title holders.

New Day just isn't the same without Big E. I'm thinking they'll drop the titles to the Club for a bit until New Day gets refreshed some how (please go heel again).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I at least guessed that it was drugs for Eva

• Locked thread