Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetracell
Feb 16, 2008
My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those that doubt me... suck cock by choice.
I already have Bluestacks set up for all my other goddamn freemium trash games, and when I go to login it says it can't create a new account in a VM :argh:

Edit : So if anyone else goes to just start this from an Android emulator, to make an account you'll need to cancel it trying to log in with your Google account. You'll get an option to do it with email (making a Netmarble account I guess) or Facebook. I made my account on my iPad initially, so I don't know if that's ultimately required. Hopefully not. Game owns.

Tetracell fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Aug 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

What all is there good to do with Topaz anyway?

There's Costumes which are a very minor bonus but fun and safe.

If you are swimming in them you can buy Trancenders I guess?

Unequipping is a thing you can do if you are a huge fuckup like me I guess, if you put a 6* +Spd Atk weapon on a collab unit you can't do anything with for example :S
There's also Rerolling Item Powerups, doesn't seem real worth it though?

Extra Special Summons doesn't really seem worth it.

What else is there I'm missing that's worth spending them on?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I vaguely recall reading that burning extra rubies/topaz on 2/3 of the unlocks for the chessboard each month was worthwhile. I don't remember why that might be the case though, a bunch of mediocre summons didn't seem worth the currency investment, but maybe there's something I don't know about it.

Went with transcending Shane, several people said her damage is really important. I suspect I'm going to be annoyed by a lack of Sieg for stun resist for awhile, but eh, if I can clear Hard dailies soon, woo.

Also lol@Teo in arena. Won multiple fights where my whole team dies, Teo goes zombie mode and slaughters the enemy team.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

victrix posted:

Also lol@Teo in arena. Won multiple fights where my whole team dies, Teo goes zombie mode and slaughters the enemy team.

Yeah Immortality is OP as gently caress until you run into someone with Remove Buffs, then it all goes to poo poo :shepface:

I gotta get my Shane up to 6* soon but I need to do Dellons first. I am constantly debating if I should use my Castle Rush points on 3* Random or 3* Select, but considering the sheer number of Fires I need right now I feel like Select is a better choice.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

victrix posted:

I vaguely recall reading that burning extra rubies/topaz on 2/3 of the unlocks for the chessboard each month was worthwhile. I don't remember why that might be the case though, a bunch of mediocre summons didn't seem worth the currency investment, but maybe there's something I don't know about it.

Went with transcending Shane, several people said her damage is really important. I suspect I'm going to be annoyed by a lack of Sieg for stun resist for awhile, but eh, if I can clear Hard dailies soon, woo.

Because apparently the Chessboard can populate with Special units for one (a guy posted on Reddit a bit ago that he pulled Teo off of one). But yeah, basically Topaz is solely a super-whale currency because any of the significant stuff you can do with it requires more than any regular player will ever see of them.

And yeah, Teo pretty much rules in Arena. He's still pretty good otherwise, but he falls a little bit more flat because he doesn't help the party in any way other than being brutal and relatively unkillable. All the same I really want him cause those skills just look badass.

vivica
Feb 22, 2005

Thanks for all the info!

In as RubyStarfall and added everyone from the google docs.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Here's a nice tidbit for anyone as confused about mechanics as I am:
Buffs and Debuffs of the same category don't stack, regardless of Active or Passive. So for example, Dellon's passive All Damage Passive Buff and Lina's All Damage Active Buff don't stack. However, Dellon's All Damage Buff does stack with Eileen's Physical Damage Buff.
Likewise, Rachel's Reduce Defense debuff doesn't stack with Lina's or Aces, but it does stack with Alice's Increase Damage Recieved.

Still have no idea who to pick for my next 6* and reading more only makes it harder. I could just grab a 6* Shane to get to work on CR, and eventually use my 2 spares to transcend her, she seems like a character who will be useful for a very long time by the sound of it.
May is apparently pretty essential for Normal CR though because she's got both 50% Physical damage reduction buff, and -40% physical damage debuff.
Alice or Black Rose would both be useful short term but probably not great picks for long term I guess?
Already have a Lina but only at 4*, should probably get to work on her. Though her damage buff conflicts with Dellons whose is much better now it seems.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think i accidentally became "best friends" with some dipshit pubbie (although if you are a goon speak up), can i just never send a 5* to someone else or does anyone even know how this works

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i think i accidentally became "best friends" with some dipshit pubbie (although if you are a goon speak up), can i just never send a 5* to someone else or does anyone even know how this works

Best Friend's kind of the wrong term. Basically the first person to send you a 5* with that becomes your Mentor, and any time you complete one of those Recommend objectives in the Friendship tab you'll be able to send them points. Once they get enough they can trade those points for a guaranteed 4* 7 Knight pull. You can become the Mentor yourself for any number of people as long as you still have slots on the Gift side of the tab to toss out, but you can only do it to people who are either within their first 14 days of starting the game or have recently returned from not playing the game for awhile. I believe the other limitation is that each person can only be mentored by one other person, so most of the newbies that have signed up so far have been snapped up by me.

Don't worry though, I've only got 1 5* left to hand out until I get to Gold rank in the Arena, so pretty soon there'll be more newbies to go around for everyone else.

Edit: Oh yeah, long story short is that your Best Friend being some rando doesn't matter too much. Only thing that really means is that you're not helping another goon when you complete those Recommend objectives. But the stuff he could do for you began and ended with him sending you that 5* unit.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 19, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I have 3 of those Friendship 5*'s to send out if anyone wants them, I'm just Fazoob on this I guess.
Also I think I'm at 13 days right now myself? So if you want to send me some in return I won't complain :v:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I have 3 of those Friendship 5*'s to send out if anyone wants them, I'm just Fazoob on this I guess.
Also I think I'm at 13 days right now myself? So if you want to send me some in return I won't complain :v:

You didn't show up on my list of potential people so you probably already have a best friend/are actually out of the window. To be certain, go to the Friendship section of Social and look at the Recommend Tab. Just below the tab itself if should say "Best Friend: " and then somebody's name. If it does then you already have one, and if it's blank then I guess you missed the date.

On a related note the era of my largess has finally come to an end so any of the future newbies will be needing you guys to Gift them. To check, just go into the Gift side of Friendship and just click on one of the ones you've completed that says "Gift." It'll bring up a list of people you can potentially send it to. If the list is blank then you've got no prospects currently, if there's people listed in there then start flinging them out.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

LornMarkus posted:

You didn't show up on my list of potential people so you probably already have a best friend/are actually out of the window. To be certain, go to the Friendship section of Social and look at the Recommend Tab. Just below the tab itself if should say "Best Friend: " and then somebody's name. If it does then you already have one, and if it's blank then I guess you missed the date.

On a related note the era of my largess has finally come to an end so any of the future newbies will be needing you guys to Gift them. To check, just go into the Gift side of Friendship and just click on one of the ones you've completed that says "Gift." It'll bring up a list of people you can potentially send it to. If the list is blank then you've got no prospects currently, if there's people listed in there then start flinging them out.

Someone tried to gift me a 5* and said they couldn't, maybe I was gifted already and missed the source?

DiomedesSA in-game.

----------------------

Ok, one thing I've been spoiled on by BraveExvius is gil: I am scrounging for currency under couch cushions in this game. 1400gold per 1*L30 is a pittance.

I'm doing the tower every chance I get, grinding for rubies, and using Hot Time for autobattle on Hard 1-1, it's just sloooow.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 19, 2016

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

Someone tried to gift me a 5* and said they couldn't, maybe I was gifted already and missed the source?

DiomedesSA in-game.

----------------------

Ok, one thing I've been spoiled on by BraveExvius is gil: I am scrounging for currency under couch cushions in this game. 1400gold per 1*L30 is a pittance.

I'm doing the tower every chance I get, grinding for rubies, and using Hot Time for autobattle on Hard 1-1, it's just sloooow.

You . . . are not one of mine so presumably somebody else nabbed you. Once you complete your big annoying banner tutorial questline you can go to the Recommend tab to see who got you.

Gold fluctuates. It's really hard to come by early on but eventually you will be rolling in it. My advice is try to push on to the Moonlit Isle of Aisha and get it to where you can farm the bossfight at 8-5 or the one at 8-10. With Hot Time and the boost mode turned on it'll cost you 6 keys per run but also make you between 7800 gold and 12,000 gold if a hero or item doesn't drop. The other thing I believe you can do is focus on selling the random units you level to 30 for Rubies instead of using them to power up other characters, because they're worth more when leveled. Can't speak to how effective that one is, though, as I'm more focused on powering my 6*s and elementals to rank other characters up.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Ah, Roscomon is my mentor.

Looks like I have one more 6* selector coming up.

I have shite for support and a 4* Velika and 6* Yuri.

Do I pull a Velika or a Lina or an Alice?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

Ah, Roscomon is my mentor.

Looks like I have one more 6* selector coming up.

I have shite for support and a 4* Velika and 6* Yuri.

Do I pull a Velika or a Lina or an Alice?

Lina is pretty good, but I'm told Velika is the gold standard in farming units (I only recently got a 4* one so I have no personal experience with her). Main thing you'll want to do if you haven't already, though, is start leveling your Defensive formation. Contrary to its name, it's the best formation for maxing a unit insanely powerful because at max it will double the Attack of the single unit that goes in the back row.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Already levelling my Formation, part of how I'm so broke.

The question is whether it's better to get a Sure Thing good support character or accelerate my farming and take my chances on getting Support later.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

Already levelling my Formation, part of how I'm so broke.

The question is whether it's better to get a Sure Thing good support character or accelerate my farming and take my chances on getting Support later.

6* Selectors are fairly rare, but it'll also be a bit before you start actually needing that Support. The other point is you're going to get probably several Light Elementals just by playing around so it's not like it'll be too onerous to level up a 4 or 5* Lina you find along the way especially since she's the only one you'll need for a good long while (and there are no Support special units, that I'm aware of).

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Got 6* Lucy out of a fusion. She's not Sieg, but she should still help me out more in the raid than any of my other options. I've done a couple of low level ones, I can beat up on the super low level 150k health raids, the higher ones just dump on me. Still worth doing though, since you can farm up high quality weapons and armor both out of em.

She might help in CT too come to think of it, debuffs are causing me a lot of grief in general.

Black Rose was my 5* gift from the event, she looks... ok I guess?

Also don't missclick on the chessboard while sleepy, you waste a lot of rubies and topaz :saddowns:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my current raid a team can dump out 200k+ damage on the mid teens raids. build a shane, y'all

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

victrix posted:

Black Rose was my 5* gift from the event, she looks... ok I guess?

Also don't missclick on the chessboard while sleepy, you waste a lot of rubies and topaz :saddowns:

Black Rose is actually pretty good in the current Arena meta, if nothing else.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Black Rose is definitely good if you've got nothing better to clear buffs with. But she has direct replacements as far as Arena goes. As it is, it's basically only 7K, Lords, and Sol Badguy who are god tier in the Arena right now it seems.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Tried to play this game. Literally couldn't install it. I'd install it from the Google Play store, and it would tell me about some client log.txt that it couldn't read. Finally looked in my tablet after it installed and realized it wasn't even creating a data file. Where am I loving up?

Estel
May 4, 2010
I'm trying the game, i added myself to the goon list but when i try to add people in the game i can't find anyone.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Estel posted:

I'm trying the game, i added myself to the goon list but when i try to add people in the game i can't find anyone.

Sometimes their system can be a little wonky I've noticed. At the very least I managed to send you a request, though you'll need somebody else if you want to get that free 5* gift.

Oh, the other thing I've noticed is that the search is fairly specific, so you might try making sure you're typing out their full name with proper capitalization when you search.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
Just started this, really dig the art style and graphics.. combat seems pretty fun.

In as SpacePirateBob, added myself to the friends list.

Got a free hero pull, was a Da Qiao? Well more heroes to the party.

Dr. Video Games 0155 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 20, 2016

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

Got a free hero pull, was a Da Qiao? Well more heroes to the party.

Same, just pulled her as a 5*.

She's the featured hero, so she's not on the rankings yet... she seems good? Not a healer, though, an immunity granter/buff remover.

https://www.reddit.com/r/7kglobal/comments/4xod25/official_reddit_da_qiao_discussion/

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 21, 2016

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I've got a 6* Seven Knights Item Selector which looks like an important decision. Should I grab the corresponding item for the one 4* 7K I have yet (Spike) or is there a better plan for something around the corner?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Wooze posted:

I've got a 6* Seven Knights Item Selector which looks like an important decision. Should I grab the corresponding item for the one 4* 7K I have yet (Spike) or is there a better plan for something around the corner?

The name doesn't actually mean anything (other than 7K items being inherently stronger than other basic items).

All you care about is if it's Lethal/Crit/Spd.

I'd go dig around and see what people think is the best stat mix, it varies from character to character (speed is generally important in arena, crit may not be useful if the character has abilities that naturally crit, etc).

You can stick that weapon on anyone, so Spike may not even be the best choice, depending on what other 6*s you have access to.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in my experience speed is the best weapon for so many units you're usually pretty safe picking it. also 7k items do mean something, i am like 80% certain anyone can equip a 7k item, whereas weapons are typically restricted between magic and physical.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I needed a Seven Knight sugar daddy. Send your friend requests to Cornholio.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
In as KravenSA. Been awhile since I went balls-deep on a gatcha game.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

For anyone still leveling, once you get to account level 15, start doing the raid even if your team is garbage for it - a lot of the dragons get wrecked by superhero teams, so if you tagged the dragon at all, there's a good chance you'll get a 2nd/3rd place damage dealer reward chest. They drop dragon horns/scales, which you can exchange for weapons/armor.

I accepted all friend requests, and sent some 5* heroes to two folks.

So for the 'best friend' silliness, the way it works is you can gift newer (<14 days played) players with a 5* hero from the Gift screen under Social->Friendship (once your account is high enough and you've completed the guide quests I think).

Once someone accepts it, they become your buddy in a pyramid scheme sorta way, achievements they complete in the game earn you friend points. Earn a hojillion of them and you get random one of the Seven Knights.

If whoever you gifted bails out and stops playing for a few weeks, you can remove them as your best friend. I don't know that there's any way to remove the person who became your best friend 'above you' in the chain in the first place (I have some completely random dude as mine).

The system isn't a a big deal overall, you'd need an absolute shitton of new friends actively playing and earning points to have any realistic chance at getting the 1000 friendpoints to get the reward

TLDR: It's most useful for giving new players a 5* hero, fringe benefit you might maybe at some point in the future get a 7k from it.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I completed the quest that allows you to pick a 4* hero. Any thoughts on who to select?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i finally finished the ridiculously hard celestial tower level 92 and its just a lovely 4* selector reward :saddowns:

who you pick from 4* selector isnt a huge deal, as 4* are okay but a lot of characters arent really any good until 5* form. i think i picked shane for mine and that worked out okay, especially since shane is probably gonna be the first character i try to transcend to 40

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
From my tutorial selectors early I picked Black Rose and Sieg for 4*. Not sure how good they are but they seem to do pretty well so far.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

From my tutorial selectors early I picked Black Rose and Sieg for 4*. Not sure how good they are but they seem to do pretty well so far.

They're both pretty decent and have purposes they're used for. Seig in particular is relatively required for the Raid against Destroyer's Gaze because without his passive most of your team will spend the whole fight Stunned.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
For early game progressions, does it make the most sense to get to a full team of 6* before doing stuff like mass fusing 3->4 or 4->5 to hunt for good heroes to element up? Right now I have lee jung, velika, and yuri at 6* and then 3 5*s that I put in to fill when I need them (evan, nezha, mao song). I have a lot of 4*s that are just sitting around because I haven't gotten around to using all of my keys to get the gold/fodder to power and fuse them up. I've been fusing all of my 1-3*s even though some guides say fusing 3->4* is the most efficient

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

For early game progressions, does it make the most sense to get to a full team of 6* before doing stuff like mass fusing 3->4 or 4->5 to hunt for good heroes to element up? Right now I have lee jung, velika, and yuri at 6* and then 3 5*s that I put in to fill when I need them (evan, nezha, mao song). I have a lot of 4*s that are just sitting around because I haven't gotten around to using all of my keys to get the gold/fodder to power and fuse them up. I've been fusing all of my 1-3*s even though some guides say fusing 3->4* is the most efficient

I personally focused on getting a solid team of 6*s myself but that's partially because I don't have a lot of patience for being unable to at least attempt content. The guides are right though, aside from a few of Evan's Crew (and most of them aren't that good anyways) no character that can reach 6* at all starts at lower than 4* so you're way better off focusing on Fusing 3* or higher units.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

LornMarkus posted:

I personally focused on getting a solid team of 6*s myself but that's partially because I don't have a lot of patience for being unable to at least attempt content. The guides are right though, aside from a few of Evan's Crew (and most of them aren't that good anyways) no character that can reach 6* at all starts at lower than 4* so you're way better off focusing on Fusing 3* or higher units.

Did you do 5->6* fuse gambling or did you fuse a bunch of 3*s and rank up with elements from there? I'm at least doing another 5* fuse sometime this month so I can get the monthly, and that would put me at 4 6*s of random quality + the selector I should be getting from checkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Yeah don't burn resources on 3*, I think in general fusing 4/5* is a good bet though, especially early, because you don't have to burn your very limited elements, and when your roster is small, odds are good that you'll land on multiple heroes you can make good use of.

Save your elements for the 5* heroes who you know are good (and your Knight, once you get him or her), or 4* who look amazing or are mentioned as being key in some part of the game.

Also despite the pvp ~meta~ being pretty tough and specific, the rest of the game is a lot more forgiving - like every guide says GET VELIKA FOR AOE, but I have several heroes who can do hard mode farming just fine.

Speaking of said farming, Hot Time can be activated manually from the daily timer button in the top right. Turn it on and you get 4 hours of bonuses in adventure mode. You can combine that with the 'boost' mode when doing adventure maps - I don't actually know if boosting is worth it or not (seems to take triple keys). I do know that with hot time + boost active, I got some 2* elements as drops, as well as some 5* gear, and a shitload of fodder and decent gold as well.

It resets daily at I think 8pm EST, so if you boost at 4pm it'll reset and be available again immediately. Basically just turn it on whenever you've done your daily stuff and only plan on doing adventure mode runs for awhile.

Once you plow through all of the story mode on Hard, you get access to the second continent, which has tougher enemies (actual hero parties as encounters), but it also has some heroes that are just straight drops, so you can hunt duplicates for eventual transcension if you like their skills.

• Locked thread