Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

In as drSA because apparently maniac is filtered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

Did you do 5->6* fuse gambling or did you fuse a bunch of 3*s and rank up with elements from there? I'm at least doing another 5* fuse sometime this month so I can get the monthly, and that would put me at 4 6*s of random quality + the selector I should be getting from checkin

I always like to do things my way so I forced Rachel on up to 6, leveled up a Ling Ling because she seemed cool, picked Yu Shin for my 6* +5 from the final tutorial quest, 6* my May I got from my Best Friend and leveled up a Ky Kiske I pulled from the Guilty Gear event. It took a little bit and some of that I do regret now but it's mostly worked out.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Collab units are sadly basically a waste since you can't Transcend them without being an ultra-whale, so I really regret putting anything on my Jam at all.

Fusing 3* is good because it's twice as cheap as fusing 4* together so you can do far more of them, and there are very few good units that start at 5*. And ranking up a 4* takes half as many elements as ranking up a 5* of course. That being said, it's faaaaaaaaaar harder to get elements than it is to get fodder, so fusing 4/5* really isn't a bad idea either, especially if you can't do Hard mode dailies yet (which I certainly can't :X).

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Even the normal version of the daily dungeon is feeding me my own teeth. Am I missing something about them, or is that just normal until you have a bunch of dudes with equipment and 5-6*?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Even the normal version of the daily dungeon is feeding me my own teeth. Am I missing something about them, or is that just normal until you have a bunch of dudes with equipment and 5-6*?

I wasn't able to clear it until I had 2 6*s and the rest 5*. My team on first clear was something like 6* velika + lee jung (lvl32), 5* li, bai long, and something else. 4* just eat poo poo too quickly in the normal daily

Edit: most likely it was just the addition of velika that did it, 5*s die pretty quick too

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 23, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah, even just a single good 6* can carry you through it pretty well if they are sufficiently strong, like if you've got someone like Velika or Yu Shin or Giparang or anyone else with really solid AoE. Remember to use Defensive Formation, put your strong AoE unit in the back, and preferably 4 units with Damage Immunity up front. Check which enemies appear in the dungeon, if there's Stun bring someone with Anti-Stun (like Karon or Sieg), if there are Damage Immune enemies try to bring a strong Pierce or buff remover, and so on. You'll have a lot of issues until you've got a strong unit and sufficient sources of immunity to damage/effects, but once you have that you'll find Normal being laughably easy very quickly.

Also, don't forget to level up the poo poo out of your formations (especially Defensive) because that's an absolutely massive bonus to your stats. And likewise, remember to keep buying up those Mastery unlocks because they provide some pretty serious bonuses.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Collab units are sadly basically a waste since you can't Transcend them without being an ultra-whale, so I really regret putting anything on my Jam at all.

Fusing 3* is good because it's twice as cheap as fusing 4* together so you can do far more of them, and there are very few good units that start at 5*. And ranking up a 4* takes half as many elements as ranking up a 5* of course. That being said, it's faaaaaaaaaar harder to get elements than it is to get fodder, so fusing 4/5* really isn't a bad idea either, especially if you can't do Hard mode dailies yet (which I certainly can't :X).

Yup, the only reason I bothered at all was because I was certain I had seen a note specifically saying the Guilty Gear characters were an exception and could use Transcender Fina. But oh well, maybe someday they'll go back on it and I can actually make use of Jam and Jack-O. Either way Ky was useful for the period when I needed him.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Yeah, the normal is very doable with 6*s but even I can't quite do the Hard Dailies yet.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
So is there a tier list or some decent noob guides so I can grok this game a little better?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

So is there a tier list or some decent noob guides so I can grok this game a little better?

Reddit.

I keep this one close at hand: https://www.reddit.com/r/7kglobal/comments/4qw7in/selector_guide_updated/

Shorter: Shane and Velika are really good.

There's not a LOT to the game 'til you get to Hard campaign-ish levels of progress, just do dailies/weekly quests and enjoy the ride. You'll start to accumulate stuff and a few good heroes now and then.

happyalloy
Mar 18, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

i think i accidentally became "best friends" with some dipshit pubbie (although if you are a goon speak up), can i just never send a 5* to someone else or does anyone even know how this works

I think that might have been me; thank you for the unit! (I'm not a pubbie; just not a very active poster). I'm still trying to figure out how things work and how not to waste the free stuff the game is giving me from tutorial quests. I'm afraid of making mistakes that I can't take back. There's so much to keep track of!

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I'm kinda in the same boat. Not sure how to effectively raise my powerlevel after rushing the dailies.
Is there a way to target specific heroes through grinding or is the only way to randomly fuse and hope for the best?
I've got my four star Shane and Velika +5'd, but I'm lost on the follow-up steps.

Also, the guide quest made a silly jump in difficulty. It wants me to fuse two 6☆ heroes together. I don' even have a single one, having one to spare is faaaar away for me.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Which guide quest are you on? I recall that there's a guide quest for Unlock and Transcendence, and both of those give you a freebie Fina and Leah respectively, which you can use to Unlock or Transcend without sacrificing another legit unit.

The only way you can specifically choose a new unit to get is through a Selector, which are pretty few and far between. The Guide Quest gives you a 4* and a 6* selector, there's a free 6* selector available through the sports quest currently, and there's one for getting all Perfects on West Empire (which is way later in Adventure mode). There are also assorted other random ways to get them, like spending Castle Rush points and so on.

Other than that, you want to Fuse junk together (3* junk or higher, that is) to make random new stuff for a chance to get something good. When you get something good, you want to Rank Up it to 6* with Elementals. To get the Elementals you need to do this, you can run the Daily dungeon on Normal for 3* elementals, and you can Rank Up elementals with a copy of themselves. So to take a hero from a 4* to a 6*, you'll need a total of six 3* elementals of the same type (2 to make a 4* element, then another 4 to make a 5* element). You can also 'force' your way into more by spending Rubies to rerun the daily dungeon, but keep in mind it costs 150 which is pretty steep and not really recommended.

You can also get Elementals by spending Castle Rush points, only ever buy the 3* elements with CR points because it's far, far cheaper to Rank Up with two 3* than it is to buy a single 4*. You can also choose between Random or Selector, Random costs you half as much so if you need to rank up a ton of different stuff it'll get you a lot more for your points.

Primarily other than that, keep focusing hard on doing Adventure Mode (you want to beeline for Hard difficulty), the Tower, and Castle Rush. Remember you can use friends (or the daily 7K) for Adventure, Tower and CR. Work on being able to handle Normal Dailies (don't be afraid to Continue if you're just short of clearing one, it isn't very costly to do so) and try and put together something for Arena that can at least hit Bronze rank (it's free Topaz). Spend your spare Rubies on unlocking Masteries (at least up to the first page to get started). And make sure you are in a good Guild because that's a lot of free stuff for you, free keys+gold every day, free S Rank CR chest as well, lots of passive bonuses too.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So who should I pick as my 6* dude for finishing all the tutorial missions? The only other 6* I have is Bai Long

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you really can't go wrong with shane.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Velika is also good if you want a farming unit, though there are other heroes that can farm it's just velika is the one in all the guides or something

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Velika is a good farming unit who is also good to +5 because her passive is integral to a raid team. Espada is technically better in a raid since she has large single target nukes, but you're building a Velika to farm anyway so a lot of people build her before Espada.

no other farming unit is as singularly useful elsewhere, and raid is the easiest place to get good equipment so its fairly important to build a raid team. basically its almost always better to build your pve team first, especially if you arent a whale

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Can you use cakes to fuse, and is it a good use of them? It seems easy to get them as 4-5*s from the advent dungeon, and it seems more efficient to use them to fuse if you can rather than get 1/5 of the way to +5

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i guess you could, but they massively boost the odds of getting a super power up and i wouldn't waste the 4/5* ones. 6* are definitely way better for unlocking equipment slots though.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

rabidsquid posted:

i guess you could, but they massively boost the odds of getting a super power up and i wouldn't waste the 4/5* ones. 6* are definitely way better for unlocking equipment slots though.

What are you actually supposed to use them for?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

They massively boost the odds of getting a super power up when you power up a unit :v:

the nice thing is that in this game when that happens if you would have gone over +5 it doesn't use up the last however many units after you hit +5.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

What are you actually supposed to use them for?

And though you didn't ask about them I'm clarify on those Power Up Crystals: they actually do nothing notable, other than that they can only be used in Power-Up by units of the same star ranking as them. They don't give more points, nor a greater chance of Super Power-Up and the only other notable thing is they can't be Powered Up themselves so you can use them for Fusing.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

So am I wrong in thinking that using it to fuse to 6* is more efficient? In my head, it's saving me from having to fuse two 4*s, which means it's saving me from +5ing two 4*s

Mosch
Jul 30, 2013
I'm playing as TheFreakingPop. Friend me!

I'm still not entirely sure what I'm doing and apparently I already have a best friend. On the guide quest I'm stuck on "Unlock a Hero"; I don't even have a 6* hero so for now I'm just finishing up the adventure in hard mode. Are we doing this Goon Guild Thing?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Thank you very much for this write up!

I'm at the last (or second to last? 19/20) one where you have to 'unlock' a character. After double checking I can confirm that I have a Leah sitting around for this exact purpose. So you should also, Mosch. As soon as I pull or fuse my first 6* I can finally ventury out in the wide open world.

€: Oh, another thing. If I understand correctly, once you jumped up an Arena rank you cannot actually lose it? If that's true, I would simply stop running until the next reset. My random bunch of 4* get me to 1100 reasonably enough but after that it's one loss after another. Not really worth the one honor you get out of it imo.

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Aug 24, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Did they nerf the check in calendar or something? A lot of the guides I'm seeing claim you get a 7k selector day 7 of a new account, but I got a random 4* 7k instead. I rolled a jave which is fine

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its a random 4* 7k, its not a selector.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Wooze posted:

€: Oh, another thing. If I understand correctly, once you jumped up an Arena rank you cannot actually lose it? If that's true, I would simply stop running until the next reset. My random bunch of 4* get me to 1100 reasonably enough but after that it's one loss after another. Not really worth the one honor you get out of it imo.

That's right, yes. Arena is hard as balls when you're starting out, I've just finally cracked 1300 and might be able to reach 1400 depending (I just fused a 6* Soi, so that may help, she gives immunity to full party aoes for several turns, even if she dies the buff stays).

Had a good near-end-of-the-month day, got Shane to 36 with a Transcender Fina reward, got that 6* Soi from fusion, and got a 4* hero I haven't seen before (some pirate chick?).

I think one or two more Castle Rushes and I'll get the Unlocker Leah reward, then I can fully gear Shane.

I'll give that drat hard daily element dungeon a try again tomorrow :mad:

Also, don't make my mistake:

When you transcend a hero past 30 for the first time to 32, you open up their Jewel slots. There's three slots, one each for a red, green, and blue jewel. The three colors each boost a different basic stat (attack/hp/defense I think? something like that). However, jewels also have a secondary effect - secondary effects do not stack. I picked a green gem that had a damage bonus when I already had a red gem that did so and found out when I tried to equip it that that doesn't work :( You still get the primary stat benefit, but it'd be a waste to do it, especially with a high level jewel.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i also made the exact same jewel mistake but didn't think to mention it since thats basically the two jewels i have ever gotten, heh.

i broke 1300 arena last week too. i've never gotten past 1368 or so, my team is sorta lucky as far as 6*s but only my shane and ruri are 32, and i dont use shane in arena at all. right now my team is ruri/xiao/guan yu/rachel/bi dam. i am close to getting shane to 34 and about to 6* my lina i think. its either lina or karon, like i prefer sieg for raid because he's beefier and his abilities are more useful, but he's dark elements and while i don't have anyone to use them on at the moment i am hesitant, since i think all of the 7k use it? but it will be a little over a month before i for sure get one of those.

i think that sieg + lina is better than just ranking up karon to 6*, but my dark elementals :ohdear:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

poo poo, you're set for raid teams, I don't have Sieg or Karon, and using Lucy is a really lovely stopgap (her active dispels debuffs, but she can still get stunned, plus he'll stun more than she can cure - she's way better for arena).

I don't think I even have anyone for team 2 who can stop the stuns.

You don't need Sieg ranked up to help with raids, and given you have him and Karon... yeah. Raising them up probably wouldn't add a ton to your raid scores I'd guess.

But I'd go with whoever will help you in whatever part of the game you're focusing on. My current goal is to beat the hard daily and maybe push up to ~100 in the CT, I haven't really put a lot of time into experimenting with pvp setups or raiding.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

victrix posted:

Also, don't make my mistake:

When you transcend a hero past 30 for the first time to 32, you open up their Jewel slots. There's three slots, one each for a red, green, and blue jewel. The three colors each boost a different basic stat (attack/hp/defense I think? something like that). However, jewels also have a secondary effect - secondary effects do not stack. I picked a green gem that had a damage bonus when I already had a red gem that did so and found out when I tried to equip it that that doesn't work :( You still get the primary stat benefit, but it'd be a waste to do it, especially with a high level jewel.

Well that's good to know, also extremely weird. Secondary bonuses from other gear do stack (like +SPD Atk). But then again, same bonuses from passives/actives don't stack either.

Arena wise, stuck at around 1400 at the moment. Getting out of bronze was a pretty big nightmare since the game has no actual concept of matchmaking, there are just tons of people with all max transcended 7K/Lords who just sit there at Bronze 3 for no reason.
Also I want to change my previous statement about Arena choice, Giparang+Black Rose is the real scrub dream team. Untargetable + Immortal is just silly broken at low ranks, you've basically got to have your own Black Rose or Ace to deal with it.

victrix posted:

Had a good near-end-of-the-month day, got Shane to 36 with a Transcender Fina reward, got that 6* Soi from fusion, and got a 4* hero I haven't seen before (some pirate chick?).

Assuming that's Victoria, she's very good. Immune to Electrify (for CR), and her active gets up to +50% to Phys&Magic. Note: That's not the same thing as +Damage, so you can stack Victoria's active with Lina's Active or with Dellon's Passive.
Dunno about Soi though, I have 3 of them sitting around but it doesn't seem like people use her for anything anymore?

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 24, 2016

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I have a 6* 7K Item selector! Where's a good list of seeing what stats are preferable on what heroes?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Wooze posted:

Important note: It does suck to keep getting your poo poo kicked in by the Arena but it is valuable to keep doing. If you look in your Quests heading there's a quest for fighting in the Arena (notably not winning, just trying) that gets you Rubies for doing so. So you can sit it out if it really bothers you but even just trying it nets you rubies there, much less the Rubies you get for going up in Rank (once each time for life, I believe, as in you get a bonus the first time you make Silver rank but never again even after the period is over and you reset to a lower rank) and the reward at the end of each arena period for the rank you achieved.

Big thing to keep in mind is that the Arena is all automated anyways, so just throw your guys in the meat grinder while you do something else.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Haven't considered this, good objection. I will continue to lose away my entries. It's painless and fast at least, especially compared to other comparable games (looking at you, FWT and LightLoux).

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

So is there a goon guild yet?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Radiation Cow posted:

So is there a goon guild yet?

We're getting nearer to enough members for it but it wouldn't truly be advisable until we've got a solid core of people who can score high on the Castle Rushes. So far my top has been about 2,000,000 for the Easy but I can't yet do that consistently, generally I do more between 800,000 and 1.2 million.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I think I got a rare encounter in Hard 1-1 and didn't notice it.

I also appear to have gotten 2 copies of a spear from a 6*7K weapon selector

Related: Should I Rank Up a 5*7K weapon?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

I think I got a rare encounter in Hard 1-1 and didn't notice it.

I also appear to have gotten 2 copies of a spear from a 6*7K weapon selector

Related: Should I Rank Up a 5*7K weapon?

You should spend any Asgar Ore you get to upgrade those and make sure to give them to a really powerful character (Preference for Seven Knight or Lord, though they have no special effect on their named wielder), but you actually can't rank them up. If you try clicking on it the game will inform you they're already max level, same as if you tried to rank up a 6* +5 hero.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I've seen a lot about what makes for good raid/arena teams, but what are good setups for adventures/dailies/the tower? The 2nd half of world 8 is tearing me a new one and I'm not sure what heroes / team would be best for the content.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I haven't read about that much. I have a feeling it's mostly 'transcend your poo poo'.

My Shane at 36 has something like 1k+ more attack than my normal 30 guys so... yeah.

Otherwise just a coherent team with specific answers to whatever is killing you - if it's not raw damage, there's debuff immunity or cleansing, buff stripping, stuns, cooldown reduction/buffing, aoe damage immunity, etc.

There's a lot of tools that can help with problematic fights. If you do get stuck you need to watch the fight fully and probably intervene on manual so the right skills get used, along with swapping people in or out depending on what's getting you whacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

LornMarkus posted:

You should spend any Asgar Ore you get to upgrade those and make sure to give them to a really powerful character (Preference for Seven Knight or Lord, though they have no special effect on their named wielder), but you actually can't rank them up. If you try clicking on it the game will inform you they're already max level, same as if you tried to rank up a 6* +5 hero.

I actually just pulled Eileen, so we'll be leveling up her as I can.

The five star weapon I mentioned was not pictured. The 6 star weapon you see dropped from a hard mode level

• Locked thread