Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Okay, so I tried to read the Reddit threads, but I think someone should have used the " explain it to me like I'm 8 years old" tag, because I feel like it skips over a lot of knowledge that a brand new player wouldn't quite yet.

My big one: it says to save elements and only use them for getting 5-star characters to six stars unless you randomly generate a four star 7K. Got it. But it also seems to imply that there's a way to level a 4-star elements to a five-star elements, and I can't figure that one out unless you literally have to cannibalize twp lower star elements to make one higher star element, is that it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I'm at the part of the Guide Quest where I have to Unlock a hero.

I have a 6* Shane and a 4* Velika, should I just unlock Shane or wait 'til I get Velika to 6* for ruby farming?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

LornMarkus posted:

You didn't show up on my list of potential people so you probably already have a best friend/are actually out of the window. To be certain, go to the Friendship section of Social and look at the Recommend Tab. Just below the tab itself if should say "Best Friend: " and then somebody's name. If it does then you already have one, and if it's blank then I guess you missed the date.

On a related note the era of my largess has finally come to an end so any of the future newbies will be needing you guys to Gift them. To check, just go into the Gift side of Friendship and just click on one of the ones you've completed that says "Gift." It'll bring up a list of people you can potentially send it to. If the list is blank then you've got no prospects currently, if there's people listed in there then start flinging them out.

Someone tried to gift me a 5* and said they couldn't, maybe I was gifted already and missed the source?

DiomedesSA in-game.

----------------------

Ok, one thing I've been spoiled on by BraveExvius is gil: I am scrounging for currency under couch cushions in this game. 1400gold per 1*L30 is a pittance.

I'm doing the tower every chance I get, grinding for rubies, and using Hot Time for autobattle on Hard 1-1, it's just sloooow.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 19, 2016

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Ah, Roscomon is my mentor.

Looks like I have one more 6* selector coming up.

I have shite for support and a 4* Velika and 6* Yuri.

Do I pull a Velika or a Lina or an Alice?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Already levelling my Formation, part of how I'm so broke.

The question is whether it's better to get a Sure Thing good support character or accelerate my farming and take my chances on getting Support later.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

Got a free hero pull, was a Da Qiao? Well more heroes to the party.

Same, just pulled her as a 5*.

She's the featured hero, so she's not on the rankings yet... she seems good? Not a healer, though, an immunity granter/buff remover.

https://www.reddit.com/r/7kglobal/comments/4xod25/official_reddit_da_qiao_discussion/

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 21, 2016

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

So is there a tier list or some decent noob guides so I can grok this game a little better?

Reddit.

I keep this one close at hand: https://www.reddit.com/r/7kglobal/comments/4qw7in/selector_guide_updated/

Shorter: Shane and Velika are really good.

There's not a LOT to the game 'til you get to Hard campaign-ish levels of progress, just do dailies/weekly quests and enjoy the ride. You'll start to accumulate stuff and a few good heroes now and then.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I have a 6* 7K Item selector! Where's a good list of seeing what stats are preferable on what heroes?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I think I got a rare encounter in Hard 1-1 and didn't notice it.

I also appear to have gotten 2 copies of a spear from a 6*7K weapon selector

Related: Should I Rank Up a 5*7K weapon?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

LornMarkus posted:

You should spend any Asgar Ore you get to upgrade those and make sure to give them to a really powerful character (Preference for Seven Knight or Lord, though they have no special effect on their named wielder), but you actually can't rank them up. If you try clicking on it the game will inform you they're already max level, same as if you tried to rank up a 6* +5 hero.

I actually just pulled Eileen, so we'll be leveling up her as I can.

The five star weapon I mentioned was not pictured. The 6 star weapon you see dropped from a hard mode level

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

My first fusion to 6* and I get... Mao Song.

Tier list indicates that he's pretty garbage, tempted to use him to Unlock Velika... but he's only my 3rd 3*.

Thoughts?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Feeling good about recent pulls and 5*s:
Lucy, May, Giparang

If I ever get a 7K selector, what's the common wisdom on what to pull? I randomly got Eileen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

WAR FOOT posted:

I am tripping Espadas and Velikas. I don't know why, I just seem to keep getting them in fusions. Should I be using them as fodder? I'm sitting on 3 of each right now.

e: The excess ones, that is.

NOOOO! Get them to 6* and Transcend your core Velika. Can Transcend up to 5x to get her max level to 40.

• Locked thread