Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

There's probably poo poo tons of aliens right now, we're just so far apart even after searching for millions of years we'd never find each other, let alone be searching at the same time. But in terms of relevance to us, there might as well not be aliens of any sort. I don't know, maybe what ever humans evolve into in the next few thousand years will find some weird worms on some dumb planet and compute that that is slightly interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Also we'll never be able to explore more than our tiny local pocket of the universe anyways
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4yYHdDSWs

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Helsing posted:

Important question: willy my service guarantee citizenship?

Who's servicing your willy!?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Star trek taught me that world peace can only occur if every race and culture outside of America is destroyed in nuclear hell fire.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

-Troika- posted:

The fact that the universe isn't infested by self-replicating Von Neumann probes is pretty good circumstantial evidence that there's no other intelligent life.

It might be, but those galaxies are too far away for us to see what they're up to yet.

• Locked thread