Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Bruce Willis is still around, isn't he? I'm sure we can convince him to take down an asteroid if the need arises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

radmonger posted:

However, while there are speculative ideas about nuking the Sun,, the harsh reality is that there are no known technological way to destroy civilisation so thoroughly it doesn't rebuild in a few hundred years. Nuclear war, global warming or a bioengineered plague never kill everyone; 99.99% mortality is a blip on a graph on a large enough scale. 100% never happens by accident.

So one of the most plausible long term futures is an endless drunken walk between the 17th to 21st C.

Now I'm imagining a civilisation that just can't help but nuke itself every few centuries.

"Okay, I know we messed up badly the last 32 times, so this time, let's really try not to hit that red button."
*click*
"Damnit!"

• Locked thread