Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Dude, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I'm gonna stick with my 970 for another year at least. My 8 gigs of ram might become a problem at some point, although they've been fine so far.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

What if the Xbox Mr. Scorpion comes out next year and is powerful enough to obviate all but the most expensive gaming PCs and yet only costs $400?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

NVIDIA claims that you need a 500 watt power supply for a 970, but my 330 watt supply runs one just fine.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

Optimally your system power consumption should be 50 - 60% of your PSU rating, but the efficiency of the supply can drop pretty drastically if you do that. So if Nvidia recommends 500W, you can run the card on something weaker, but it will lead to more heat, higher energy bills and probably reduced longevity on the PSU.

Crap. I'm screwed.

• Locked thread