Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was Bleach good?
This poll is closed.
yah 57 21.03%
nah 214 78.97%
Total: 271 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What happened to Toshiro? He was cool. Water/Ice powers are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Don't harem shows always end with the dude marrying the childhood friend? So it was either Orihime or Tatsuki, if the latter still exists somewhere.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

What happened to Toshiro? He was cool. Water/Ice powers are cool.

he achieved his true bankai during a fight with a giant guy. it turned him into an adult, and he had the ability to freeze anything within 4 seconds, but still was not even able to kill the giant guy. then in the 10 year later chapter he is still a kid and a captain i think idk

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
To be fair, that guy was really giant at that point

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What about Aizen? I heard they brought him out of prison. Did they deal with him again? Did he escape to practice his :smug: for the rest of eternity?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Spiritus Nox posted:

What about Aizen? I heard they brought him out of prison. Did they deal with him again? Did he escape to practice his :smug: for the rest of eternity?

Yes. He had a good chair that was destroyed. Then he got another, better chair.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
They brought him out of prison, then left him at the ground floor of a giant elevator. It would've been really awkward if it weren't for Ywach conveniently deciding to show up right in front of him.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I hope everybody forgets about Bleach in a week and then the movie rolls around (which will be as bad as live-action Attack on Titan) and the manga manages to poo poo on its reputation even more.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Orihime deserved better than Ichigo.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Nah.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Orihime deserved better than Ichigo.

Like Rukia.

Speaking of, did anyone else get married? Any funny/weird/cute Obligatory Epilogue Pairings?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Ichigo has a really dumb haircut no one deserves to be stuck with that guy

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The best part of reading this chapter was witnessing salt in all it's glory:

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 18, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's finally time to read all of bleach. So hyped

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
So maybe we can have zombie powder now?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I think my favorite part of the ending is Chad becoming a champion MMA fighter or whatever, because it completely goes against his central motivation of refusing to use his strength for personal gain out of respect for his grandpa who died defending his punk rear end. Ironically Kubo finally remembered Chad, but forgot his one defining character trait.

Also Ishida becoming a doctor when he said he wouldn't I guess, but maybe that's justified by Ryuken's science experiment on mom providing the deus ex machina arrow to kill the final boss. It's a character arc coming full circle, or something.

Also Ichigo ending up in a relationship with anybody after he spent the entire manga expressing no romantic interest or attraction to literally anybody, outside of almost passing out from seeing a few characters breasts.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm going to marry rukia

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
We get a flashback to see Yhwach's motivation before the manga ends.

Manga ended.

We still don't know Aizen's motivations.

Oh Bleach :allears:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aizen's motivation is simple. "I'm awesome.:smug:"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

lezard_valeth posted:

The best part of reading this chapter was witnessing salt in all it's glory:

I'd rather read Nardo and One Peso than the Bleach ending.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...I never even got into Naruto, but didn't people say that they actually liked the ending to that one?

Relatively speaking, anyway.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Spiritus Nox posted:

...I never even got into Naruto, but didn't people say that they actually liked the ending to that one?

Relatively speaking, anyway.

From what I gathered from friends who were into Naruto, it seems to be almost universally hated.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So... What was that special announcement they teased last chapter?

Also I guess we ended on a gently caress the hollows note eh?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mulderman posted:

So... What was that special announcement they teased last chapter?

Also I guess we ended on a gently caress the hollows note eh?

Bleach Live Action movie! aren't you excited?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Can't wait to see luffy's kid in 20 years

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nope, it was awfully received.

Wasn't until Salad Gaiden that people really started warming up to it, but then Boruto happened and ahahaha.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I thought the future kids were kinda adorable

Am I alone? Otherwise, what a clusterfuck of an ending

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

rukia and renji's kid was named ichika which is hilarious

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Kid Ichigo was just a kid version of Ichigo and thus boring, but Rukia's kid was good.

I still want closure on everyone else, though.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

was urahara like the only person who actually died during this last final arc? did yoruichi die too? all i remember is urahara stabbed her in the butt with a syringe, then tore off some seal and she turned into a thunder cat god and then she fell asleep.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Nope, it was awfully received.

Wasn't until Salad Gaiden that people really started warming up to it, but then Boruto happened and ahahaha.

Ah well, shows how much I know about Naruto. Naruto and Hinata are cute enough together, at least. Certainly better than Ichigo and Orihime.

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Rukia got with loving Renji?

loving lol

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Willo567 posted:

Yeah they were cute. I really loved Kid Ichigo's Shinigami Hoodie.

I think it's like Naruto's ending, the ending itself isn't really bad "yay everyone's happy, the evil's gone and now they're adults living a happy life with kids" is cute, just that everything leading up to it was poo poo and the ending isn't anything special, just a bog-standard happy ending, so it just stays there being nothing next to a pile of poo poo.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

It's a wasted opportunity for the other kid to not be named Renjime.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

was urahara like the only person who actually died during this last final arc? did yoruichi die too? all i remember is urahara stabbed her in the butt with a syringe, then tore off some seal and she turned into a thunder cat god and then she fell asleep.

Askin pulled a final gambit and selfdestructed the orb in which Urahara, Yoruichi, brother, and Grimmjow were trapped. Nel was hanging around and attempted to save them but realised she could only carry 3 of them out.

That was the last we heard of them.

Nel failed, and they all died. This is canon.

:rip:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

Askin pulled a final gambit and selfdestructed the orb in which Urahara, Yoruichi, brother, and Grimmjow were trapped. Nel was hanging around and attempted to save them but realised she could only carry 3 of them out.

yoruichi..............

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The End of Perfection.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Did Yoruichi and Soi Fon ever bang like they clearly needed to?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

I don't remember any of that.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

chumbler posted:

I don't remember any of that.

I envy you being able to not remember Bleach. You are truly free now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well I have decided that Nel left Grimmjow behind and saved the others, thus removing one Renji from the world. A true hero.

• Locked thread