Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was Bleach good?
This poll is closed.
yah 57 21.03%
nah 214 78.97%
Total: 271 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Yeah honestly I might be biased as a Broke Brain who somehow made the top ten in posts for this trainwreck but I don't understand why we would close the thread. The Naruto thread didn't even do a PostMortem thread IIRC, the last manga thread just kept banging for months (years?) after it finished and that was pretty much an echo chamber on how poo poo the last few chapters were.

As someone who doesn't watch or read any anime or manga except for One Piece now, I'm not going to check ADTRW with any regularity for new news on Bleach, and since I cannot help but post my awesome opinions I'd prefer if I could just keep this thread in my bookmarks. Somehow I think ADTRW will survive having this thread bumped once in a blue moon amidst the thousand other ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Wow I was definitely not paying attention.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I remember one of the first databooks had ratings for all the captains for things like fighting skill, kido use, etc and everyone was shocked and thought it was a gag that the highest in either physical strength or swordplay, I forget which, was Unohana.

Some stuff in Bleach is properly foreshadowed. Some stuff.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I mean, let's be fair, Naruto didn't get as bad as Bleach until arguably the final few chapters, but even Kubo never introduced a magic spell that effortlessly revived every named character that had ever died and several characters only spoken of in legend, gave them unlimited energy and instant regeneration and made them essentially immortal and unstoppable so they could heavily influence the plot for the last hundred or so chapters.

He only did that with one character.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Kudos to Kubos, "some people just don't appreciate my pace" made me choke on my drink and may have been the funniest moment in all of Bleach.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Okay seriously though if a mod closed this thread with a, "Since when were you under the impression..." it would be the most clever thing to ever come out of this thread.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Oda says to, "get some rest", aka stop writing. Kubo says he's surprised he finished in only 15 years. The loving jokes write themselves.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Great quote/username combo

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Hey remember when we got Ishida' motivation for the entire arc explained? Was he pulling a Gin, aka the long con, because it seemed like the arrow gifted by Team Dad was a last second kinda thing. Did he seriously just believe Ywach was unstoppable?

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Spiritus Nox posted:

....Speaking of Ichigo's friends...why did Aizen and gang kidnap Orihime, again? I seem to recall they wanted her to make the king's key or some nonsense with her powers...but then they just say "ah gently caress it" and sortie off to Karakura to murder a bunch of people and make it that way, even though there was no real reason to think Ichigo and Pals or even the captains who showed up would be able to take down all of the Espadas+Evil Captains on their home turf.

I think he literally admitted he did it to make Soul Society think she had some significance, even though doing so kicked their training and preperation into high gear, giving them what they needed to defeat him.

So really standard Aizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
It's obviously unclear and rushed, but the idea I got from Ywach's death speech wasn't that he was going to make everybody happy, but that the current state of death and fear was undesirable and that even not existing would be preferable for all beings. It's unusual because his motivations appeared to change out of nowhere and for 90% of the last four years he was just getting revenge for the Quincy extermination so suddenly becoming double god and waxing poetic about his plans for all creation got weird but that's Kubo for you. His problem was building up Aizen for most of the entire manga and then having an arc with a new villain be the final one, so he felt the guy needed to be sufficiently omnipotent to pose a real threat, which gives us The Almighty.

• Locked thread