Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was Bleach good?
This poll is closed.
yah 57 21.03%
nah 214 78.97%
Total: 271 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm glad Bleach is dead, and hope it doesn't haunt Shonen Jump, cursing other series to have unnecessary antagonists and weird tonal and genre shifts that ultimately are for the worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Just so there're no surprises, gonna leave this thread open for a bit - maybe a day or so - for everybody to post their piece, after which I'm gonna lock it and let it sink to the bottom of the board.

The series is finally over so in lieu of any active discussion we probably don't need a long-term thread dedicated to pissing on its grave. If you liked the series, I'm sure Kubo has something else up his sleeve for you in the near future. If you hated it, it can't hurt you anymore, though you're clearly still capable of hurting yourself considering you didn't drop it.

Peace.

Account sharing is forbidden, WSJ management

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

There's something weird about pretending something's fake and then using the same designs from the thing you want to pretend is fake

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Isn't the joke that it's a stinger missile?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

if ichigo was unarmed, then him being very fast would be acceptable. however, the problem with super speed + a sword became very obvious during the first time he used it. that is, why the heck can't he just cut a guy instead of zipping around bragging about how amazing he is? ichigo could have beaten byakuya a dozen times over until he finally bragged enough to get byakuya to use his best stuff. from there, was ichigo supposed to just do that every time until he got beat up enough to make it seem like a fair fight? so, his speed had to go.

though, it would have been fine if ichigo had instead fought guys with ways of dealing with super speed, but, you know, bleach.

Not killing Byakuya and banking on changing his mind about his sister was one of the few smart things Ichigo did in the series, as risky as it was.

I imagine things would've gone down very differently after Aizen hosed off if they actually did murder one of their captains.

E: Ichigo was supposed to be smart, I wish Kubo rolled with that more and less with the really bland dude we wound up with

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

he still hit byakuya with his sword a whole lot. granted, ichigo probably wasn't aware of how absurdly resilient sword ghosts are at that point, but i don't really see the difference between stabbing a guy a bunch now or 5 minutes later.

It's the difference between a few cuts here and there and stabbing him right through his ghost throat which he was completely capable of doing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

chad was also at the top of his class iirc

chad's ending should have been him becoming a chess grandmaster

Chad was closer to second, Ishida was first.

E: but then again Chad was smart enough to leverage his insane ghost muscles to destroy a competitive sport and become a millionaire so I guess book smarts aren't everything?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

i never watched bleach past soul society, when did aizen become a good guy

After he went furniture shopping

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Spoilers are out for the next chapter.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I've been reading toriko since the gourmet pyramid arc and there hasn't ever been a week where I wasn't looking forward to the next chapter.

Wouldn't you stop if you weren't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ghost in the Shell getting an adaptation will make a lot of studios try to follow the leader

...Right up until the crash and burn period where a bunch of movies see a sudden budget cut. :v:

• Locked thread