Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will crumble the quickest?
GEO
CXW
GOKU
View Results

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rutibex posted:

:psyduck:
its a clip from the BBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiaqgFDwOjs
?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

the great deceiver posted:

i made 12cents an hour

Doing drugs still? Obama hasn't ended it yet FYI

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rutibex posted:

i always post this clip when prisons come up. it sums up just how hosed the system is in a few min:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPZed8af9RI

What's up with ur AV?

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

oh yeah, i've seen this before. it's good

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

a cloth map posted:

How can the private sector possibly run something worse than the US government?

By the sacred Free Market how can this happen?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So how are you going to stop the poor and minorities from voting Democrat if you cant send them to jail as easy?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

What's up with ur AV?

i made a series of posts about the superiority of the card game Tanto Cuore over the card game Dominion in the board gaming thread. for some reason they didn't like it? :shrug:

Rutibex posted:

For some time now I have been looking for a "pure" deckbuilder to add to my collection. For a while I owned Thunderstone Advenced, and never played it (because it sucks really bad). I like to play Dominion on my phone, so I have considered Dominion. But it just seems too daunting, you know? I'm a bit of a completionist, and getting into Dominion would dominate my board gaming budget for the next 5 years. I have Race for the Galaxy and love it to death, though it is not a "pure" deck builder. After some soul searching I came to only one possibility:

I decided on Tanto Cuore for a variety of reasons. It is in many ways the most mechanically superior deck builder, better than even Dominion. Reasons that Tanto Cuore is superior to Dominion are many:

1) Better Balanced Currency

These are the Tanto Cuore treasure cards. The are called "love" but they are functionaly equivalent to copper/silver/gold. Notice anything different? The cost of these basic currencies is increased from typical Dominion. Instead of copper/silver/gold being 0/3/6 Love is 1/4/7. Why does this matter? Because it destroys the "Big Money" strategy, there is no big love. It almost never makes sense in Tanto Cuore to just buy more silver until you win.

2) Modular subsystems

Dominion has a few weird cards that add to the normal kingdom setup (like platinum coins) but for the most part every kingdom will be the same ten piles. Not so with Tanto Cuore! Every set of Tanto Cuore comes with some kind of gimmick cards, that can by added or removed from the game at your discretion. The first set adds a market row of "private maids" in addition to the static kingdom. The second set adds building cards that are played in front of you instead of going into your deck. The third set adds special challenge cards, that are rather like the monsters from Thunderstone. The fourth set adds a really cool alternative scoring method in beer cards. You can play with one, all, none, or any combination!

3) Each set is standalone

Each of the four Tanto Cuore sets are entirely stand alone. That means you can buy Oktoberfest Tanto Cuore (if you buy one set, make it Oktoberfest) without needing to buy the base game. It also means that buying two sets automatically allows you to play with more players at once (more basic cards). Tanto Cuore sets also come in better boxes that are more easily transported than dominion.

4) Victory Cards are more interesting

Each set of Tanto Cuore comes with unique victory cards. Unlike dominion, where you will always be fighting over the same old Estate/Duchy/Provence you are going after a unique pair of "Maid Chiefs". Tanto Cuore has done away with Duchy's (because who the hell buys Duchys?).

5)Trashing is more interesting

There is a unique mechanic in Tanto Cuore that allows you to fine tune your deck called "chambering". This allows you to (at the price of one or two actions) place a card from your hand in front of you (so it no longer clogging up your deck). You still get any victory points for maids you have "chambered", however maids that are in front of you are vulnerable to attack cards like "illness" or "bad habit". It is an interesting trade off, do you keep the maids in your deck (protected) or do you chamber them and leave yourself open to attack?

6)The theme/art is better

Anime maids might not be your thing, but the theme really is fairly harmless. I have already played a few games of Oktoberfest Tanto Cuore with my frat boy neighbors, and they love the game. Most of the card games I show them turn them off right away, they think its a "nerd game". But not Oktoberfest Tanto Cuore! Scoring with big breasted drunken German women was the push they needed to get away from playing rear end in a top hat with a deck of cards. Incidentally, if you find the themes in Tanto Cuore to be objectionable you might not have as much of a problem with the Oktoberfest edition. All of the women in the Oktoberfest edition are fairly well clothed, there are no upskirt panty shots, and there is no obvious pedo bait in the set. They have "cleaned up" their act a bit so to speak. A feminist might not like the set, but you could feel comfortable giving it to your dad as a gift.

Rutibex posted:

I have explored all of the Tanto Cuore cards, and there are a few Dominion staple that it is missing. I can't very well just buy Dominion expansions and play them with Tanto Cuore (well I could, the game is almost identical). I have decided it would be best if I instead "ported" a few Dominion staples over to Tanto Cuore. Dominion has a lot of boring chaff cards, but I think adding the cream of the crop to Tanto Cuore will really strengthen it. I've got a few test cards done (using Magic set creator of course, so easy!):

Rutibex posted:

I have been going though all of the Dominion cards and picking the best ones from many "top Dominion cards" to become Maids all day! I have made quite a few now, more than a full Dominions expansion worth :v: I have learned a lot about top level Dominion strategy (I have been playing wrong on my phone all along!) It is actually trickier to convert some of these than others, and I have started making up a few card of my own:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what is this degeneracy

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Robot Pride posted:

this video is blocked in my country (US)

how amazingly unsuspicious

Blocked for me too and I funded that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I read card table top ga,Es and saw anime. Your opinion is valid here

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
rutibex doesn't gently caress around. that's some full commitment anime

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

what is this degeneracy

the deepest and best balanced card game available today

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Wtf, how could I play blackjack with those cards?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
there's like 12 year old girls in bondage in that post you just posted

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rutibex posted:

the deepest and best balanced card game available today

Who did u suck off to get rid of the 100k probe? Was there a mod/anime involved? Were you sent to a private prison as a result?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Dominion is good. This degree of trolling should be bannable.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
i'd be more nervous walking around in possession of the "gluttonous maid" or "maid dungeon" cards than if i was in possession of a pound of dope

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
there were no well-balanced anime card games in private prisons

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

the great deceiver posted:

there were no well-balanced anime card games in private prisons

that game will get you in one, though

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Germstore posted:

Dominion is good. This degree of trolling should be bannable.

Show me your private prison cards.

gently caress eaten like a basement captive

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

there's like 12 year old girls in bondage in that post you just posted

thats likely why i got the big red avatar

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

Who did u suck off to get rid of the 100k probe? Was there a mod/anime involved? Were you sent to a private prison as a result?

i lived out the entire sentence in mind prison, like Miles O'brien

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

holy poo poo they're actually ending private prisons? this is probably the most significant step forward as a society so far in my lifetime

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy
does this mean dads coming home

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Profondo Rosso posted:

holy poo poo they're actually ending private prisons? this is probably the most significant step forward as a society so far in my lifetime

most of the private prisons have state contracts though

though it's probably an indication that the state gov'ts will go that way too

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

this made me really happy

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

Hah at least two thirds of the country will fight this issue to their prisoner's deaths and make it an active priority to get the feds back on the private program.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

mind the walrus posted:

Hah at least two thirds of the country will fight this issue to their prisoner's deaths and make it an active priority to get the feds back on the private program.

just imagine the phone lines and cellphones lighting up on K street this afternoon....you know that these corporations are desperately engaging every available dollar into a lobbying mechanism right loving now. not to mention the ad agencies that will be delivering commercials to the networks in the next few days

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
this is why the libertarian party is needed

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know
I wonder if their ads will go the "we provide a valuable community service, really we do" route or the "RONALD RAPESALOT IS COMING FOR YOU!" route.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

tetsul posted:

I wonder if their ads will go the "we provide a valuable community service, really we do" route or the "RONALD RAPESALOT IS COMING FOR YOU!" route.

with legalization of the weed it would be a good time for them to tie all this together with a reefer madness reboot

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Moridin920 posted:

california will not be anytime soon as the only way the state manages to stay under the federal court imposed cap on the number of inmates in the state prison system is by sending inmates to out of state contract prisons

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

tetsul posted:

I wonder if their ads will go the "we provide a valuable community service, really we do" route or the "RONALD RAPES-A-LOT IS COMING FOR YOU!" route.

What does your heart tell you?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it could be the first step in the right direction so long as corporations don't buy politicians to revert it. in other words, ahahhahahaha.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
JOBS people jfc

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

Robot Pride posted:

with legalization of the weed it would be a good time for them to tie all this together with a reefer madness reboot

Finally, the Hollywood reboot we can all agree on.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
The Free Market didn't provide. :eng99:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

watch obama hold a special press conference on new year's eve and appear smoking a cigarette and it makes you think something really bad happened but then you see him take a big toke and realize it's actually a joint and he exhales into the camera and just says "legalize it. peace." and walks off. then aliens blow up the earth.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Right now the writers of Orange is the New Black are high fiving each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I didn't even know they had private federal prisons seems kinda oxymoronic if you ask me

• Locked thread