Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
There is a blade runner movie coming out with Jared Leto in it and the plot got leaked . I haven't seen the first one but I'm glad they are remaking it faithfully with the original plot intact so I can experience it as a millennial. They even have some shot for shot remakes of scenes from the original

Here's my favorites

Opening scene deckard is in a NEON LIGHTED ALLEYWAY and sees an overturned cleaning drone that can't get back up. He looks knowingly at the camera and shrugs his shoulders in an exaggerated gesture before attempting to right it but failing, before giving up as sad trombones play

Later hes registering for the blade runner forums and hesitates as he has to complete a Captcha. Dramatic music plays and he sweats as he slowly moves the mouse to the box before he's conveniently interrupted by a Twitter update on his smart phone which plays daft punks get lucky in midi format

He's assigned a young brash replicant partner as part of a new initiative and the rookie teaches deckard to loosen up a little and have a laugh while he learns to be one of the best blade runners out there and finally configures his printer settings

The final confrontation with the villainous replicant president ends on a cliffhanger as he looks directly at the viewer in a Mexican standoff with decker and the fatally injured rookie saying "the real replicant...is man" as it cuts to black and a shot rings out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
You should not run with blades.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I thought you were joking about Leto being in blade runner and Welp it's true

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I think he will be a good rachael.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i want a movie called slingbladerunner where its jared leto being a retarded android in the deep south and hes fixing replicants for tater money.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

hollywood screenplay writers i know youre gonna steal my ideas but when you do please quote my forums name so paramount knows i have a jumbo wang

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I hope everyone dies

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

how about cool blade runnings where 4 jamaicans, all played by don cheeto, have to track down and terminate a CGI version of John Candy who has gone rogue and is making a sequel to uncle buck in the movie

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Harambe IV. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the #rivergate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die."

-Sean Murray

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

is there an asian man who says he say you brade runnah? this is important

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
heard jared leto is sitting in a featureless white room just staring at a toaster, man those method actors are crazy

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
why doesnt hollywood make a new movie? we already have Blade Runner :colbert:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i liked this thread better when it included time ape

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

heard jared leto is sitting in a featureless white room just staring at a toaster, man those method actors are crazy

Heard he rigged up some hoses and sprinklers so he could stand in the rain to better understand being the protagonist

amazing

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Jared Leto bought a tortoise, and he set him under a sun lamp, and then he flipped the tortise over onto its back and the tortoise was beating its legs trying to turn itself over but it couldn't. Not without his help. And he didn't help and I don't know why.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jared probably hosed a robot

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
blade runner had pretty cool scenery but it was a boring movie

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Morglon posted:

You should not run with blades.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
AT the end of the movie Blade Runner shits out the window of a flying car and it's a bunch of springs and sparks and bolts and stuff, thus revealing that he is a robot who runs the blades

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

BigwigML posted:

blade runner had pretty cool scenery but it was a boring movie

it was really interesting if you're not an idiot

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

it was really interesting if you're not an idiot

And just a little interesting if you're smart

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
The replicants all vape e-cigs instead of real cigs so it's pretty easy to spot them.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I SPIT ON METAPHYSICS SIR

looking forward to all the pretentious dumb dialogue that was regretably cut from the original release because you know Leto is gonna be a big gigantic baby about any possibility of scenes he's in getting cut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-maJpKBDVw

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Serious Frolicking posted:

i liked this thread better when it included time ape

I FORGOT ABOUT TIME APE!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
hopefully jared leto will be possessed by philip k dicks ghost

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
you gotta take money to make money

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Camera pulls back to reveal Jared Leto is an industrial fan having a dream.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i am not sure if he realizes it yet, but m leto's best role was as got enperor of arrakis

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Joust posted:

Camera pulls back to reveal Jared Leto is an industrial fan having a dream.

Do fan droids dream of electric sheep?

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Maybe this one will just copy the source material as closely as possible and we'll get something like A Scanner Darkly where it's just 4 or so amazing actors doing Dick dialog for a whole movie. And maybe there will actually be animals in this one which was one of my favorite parts of the book.

/forced optimism none of that will actually happen

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Leto wants very badly to play Andy Warhol in a biopic, I think he'd be great.

That's my Leto story, thanks for listening.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
i hope he has another breakdown and cries when he realises it's not an Art Film

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Poland Spring posted:

There is a blade runner movie coming out with Jared Leto in it

This is the worst news I've heard all day

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
they should bring in Wesley Snipes and remake two films at once...

Blade the Vampire Runner

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
They should include more cell phones and social media in the remake to connect with modern audiences.

Weird how no sci-fi author predicted this turn of events

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

a drone scrubs a toilet bowl, but the brown and red stains remain through all his chemical and physical persistence. it sighs (in a robotic voice), looks at the camera, and says "it's a living," before continuing to fruitlessly scrub the remains of a violent afterbirth.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Bladerunner goes to a fashion show to find a sentient green dresscoat that can take over the minds of those who wears it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Decebal posted:

They should include more cell phones and social media in the remake to connect with modern audiences.

Weird how no sci-fi author predicted this turn of events

back in the 1950s issac asimov predicted that Google/Facebook would achieve sentience, then kill itself after having become self aware
http://www.mcguiremarks.com/uploads/3/9/7/9/39793909/isaac_asimov-all_the_troubles_of_the_world_(1).pdf

quote:

“I don’t think so,” said Othman, in soft despair. “I’ve never thought about this
before. I’ve never had the occasion to until this happened, but now that I think of it, it
seems to me we have reached the end of
the road because Multivac is too good.
Multivac has grown so complicated, its reactions are no longer those of a machine, but
those of a living thing.”
“You’re mad, but even so?”
“For fifty years and more we have been loading humanity’s troubles on Multivac, on
this living thing. We’ve asked it to care for us, all together and each individually.
We’ve asked it to take all our secrets into
itself; we’ve asked it to absorb our evil and
guard us against it. Each of us bring his troubles to it, adding his bit to the burden.
Now we are planning to load the burden of human disease on Multivac, too.”
Othman paused a moment, then burst
out, “Mr. Gulliman, Multivac bears all the
troubles of the world on its shoulders and it is tired.”
“Madness. Midsummer madness,” muttered Gulliman.
“Then let me show you something. Let me put it to the test. May I have permission
to use the Multivac circuit line here in your office?”
“Why?”
“To ask it a question no one has ever asked Multivac before.”
“Will you do it harm?” asked Gulliman in quick alarm.
“No. But it will tell us what we want to know.”
The Chairman hesitated a trifle
. Then he said, “Go ahead.”
Othman used the instrument on Gulliman’s desk. His fingers punched out the
question with deft strokes: ‘Multivac, what do you yourself want more than anything
else?’
The moment between question and answer lengthened unbearably, but neither
Othman nor Gulliman breathed.
And there was a clicking and a card popped out. It was a small card. On it, in
precise letters, was the answer:
‘I want to die.’

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

its like the old bladerunner except deckard is a juggalo now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Kinda hosed up that harrison ford was killed in the making of the original and they had to make a replicant of him that lives on to this day as "Harrison Ford"

• Locked thread