Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jared Leto is a tryhard loser, the only good thing he's ever done is Requiem for a Dream. Get hosed Jared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

bradzilla posted:

Jared Leto is a tryhard loser, the only good thing he's ever done is Requiem for a Dream. Get hosed Jared

He's an artist who isn't afraid to suffer for his craft !

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

luke skywalker dies at the end of the new star wars hth

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

hth posted:

i want a movie called slingbladerunner where its jared leto being a retarded android in the deep south and hes fixing replicants for tater money.

All these moments, lost in time. Like french fried potaters.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Well it's about goddamn time, he's the Trinity of the starwards movies

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
I am pretty excited for the studio making this to get burned, as with Ghostbusters - then maybe hollywood will snap out of this funk they are in and realize that a reboot does not guarantee a hit.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Blade Runner is the best movie ever made, and everything about this remake is an atrocity.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"I'm just so tired of all these Blade Runnings"

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Mozi posted:

"I'm just so tired of all these Blade Runnings"

Ah yes the classic titular line

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
they should add a digital Arnold Schwarzenegger and make The Blade Running Man

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Pretty sure Op is [redacted]....

Nope, I'm convinced.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

they can poo poo all over blade runner as long as you can assure me no one will ever attempt to make a movie of neuromancer

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Poland Spring posted:

There is a blade runner movie coming out with Jared Leto in it and the plot got leaked . I haven't seen the first one but I'm glad they are remaking it faithfully with the original plot intact so I can experience it as a millennial. They even have some shot for shot remakes of scenes from the original

Here's my favorites

Opening scene deckard is in a NEON LIGHTED ALLEYWAY and sees an overturned cleaning drone that can't get back up. He looks knowingly at the camera and shrugs his shoulders in an exaggerated gesture before attempting to right it but failing, before giving up as sad trombones play

Later hes registering for the blade runner forums and hesitates as he has to complete a Captcha. Dramatic music plays and he sweats as he slowly moves the mouse to the box before he's conveniently interrupted by a Twitter update on his smart phone which plays daft punks get lucky in midi format

He's assigned a young brash replicant partner as part of a new initiative and the rookie teaches deckard to loosen up a little and have a laugh while he learns to be one of the best blade runners out there and finally configures his printer settings

The final confrontation with the villainous replicant president ends on a cliffhanger as he looks directly at the viewer in a Mexican standoff with decker and the fatally injured rookie saying "the real replicant...is man" as it cuts to black and a shot rings out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9gjW9RmkpY

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
In this one, James Hong only does noses.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
The majority of the plot takes place within the head offices of the Committee on Moral Abuses (set up by Harrison Ford after deciding that it had conceptual merit beyond being a ruse), and is a string of long, drawn-out speeches on the rights and wrongs of allowing three-person IVF involving a replicant surrogate.

Jared Leto stars as a fifth-generation replicant stenographer who "shakes up" the plot by sometimes subtly changing the original wording of the debate before sending it out to 2025's Reuters for global consumption.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

OctoberBlues posted:

Kinda hosed up that harrison ford was killed in the making of the original and they had to make a replicant of him that lives on to this day as "Harrison Ford"

I will be legit surprised if they aren't going to use Harrison Ford's son Ben like they did in the Final Cut version to redo the scene where he talks to the Egyptian.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

we need you to run these blades

what like some kind of blade runner?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Macasaurus posted:

we need you to run these blades

what like some kind of blade runner?

Gillette gonna be all over the ad campaign

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
They should show more of Blade doing those android interviews like he did with that android chick in the original.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

One of my favourite front page articles,

quote:

Hi there, folks. Rick Deckard here. I am a Blade Runner. That's someone who tracks down illegal androids and 'retires' them. Retire means kill.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/blade-runner-narration/

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In the far distant future, corporations created androids to be slaves.

Sometimes they try to escape, and when they do it's my job to catch them.

My name

is Johnny Blade.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I was talking with my bud about highlander the other day and suddenly another bud pops up Jack n the box style and goes "man I just read a bunch of cool craazy things online that said the highlander was actually a robot the whole time!! have you heard this??" and me & bud #1 were so fuckin confused while bud #2 keeps talking about YouTube videos that show how the highlander reacts really weird and robotic in this one scene and how in this other scene he kisses a girl just like a robot would and after like twenty minutes he goes "oooh no wait I meant BLADERUNNER not highlander!!"

but now I don't want letorunner, I want highlander with replicans, there can BE ONLY 0b1!!!!!!

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I guess i don't know how it would work but immortal robots fighting in NYC and Scotland is obv waaay better and cooler and more good than loving tryhard leto in anything

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Why the heck did everyone think he was so amazing as the AIDS translady in that mcconaughey movie? like it was obviously not a good performance by any reasonable standards. it was literally just a guy doing an overblown tranny stereotype caricature. jfc it was like jack black playing nacho libre and giving him an award for his brave portrayal of a latino holy man lmfao and now this retard thinks he's a Serious Actor and he mails poo poo-covered marbles to will smith

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

"I am an artist and I must suffer for my craft"

*looks at oscar on mantle as he cums into a sock, takes the sock off his dick and places it in a padded envelope addressed to viola davis*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SaltLick posted:

I thought you were joking about Leto being in blade runner and Welp it's true

same but then I looked it up

hahahahahahahahahahahahaaha

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

ahahahaha brilliant

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Decebal posted:

He's an artist who isn't afraid to suffer for his craft !

i wish he would suffer for his craft by never getting work as an actor

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

SaltLick posted:

Gillette gonna be all over the ad campaign

"You think five blade runners can defeat me?"

*Jared Leto enters and the music gets REAL*

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Blade Runner "Deckard's Dozen" 13 razor blade pack deal brought to you by Gillette and the hit remake starring Jared Leto's ego

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

interviewer: tell us a little about jared's method
gosling: jared is supremely committed. he does everyting--
*a knock on the door. they open it and see something on the floor. gosling picks it up; it's a little origami skull crayoned to look like the joker*
gosling: *chuckling* jared, goddamn. that guy is absolutely hosed up

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Sheep-Goats posted:

AT the end of the movie Blade Runner shits out the window of a flying car and it's a bunch of springs and sparks and bolts and stuff, thus revealing that he is a robot who runs the blades

cameo by El-P and Killer Mike where they're like "man, replicants ain't poo poo" and then get killed. all while wearing t-shirts with a modified Run The Jewels logo with robot hands or something.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
It's a faithful shot for shot remake of the original except instead of a moody, understated Vangelis soundtrack it's some sweet fuckin' SKRILLEX

You Brade RunnAH AH WAH WAH WAKKA WAKKA Brade RunWAKKA WAKKA WAH

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
jared leto is playing the child of harrison ford and the replicant lady

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Will the sets be battered like in the original Star Wars? I'm just not interested if the sets aren't battered like in the original Star Wars

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Will the sets be battered like in the original Star Wars? I'm just not interested if the sets aren't battered like in the original Star Wars

i think itll be cheaper if they shot in detroit and some chinese ghost town

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Drop Leto-Cast Offerman

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

s0m3 guy posted:

jared leto is playing dude who gets his head crushed by Dave Batista replicant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
"The scanner can't tell if you're a human or a replicant, but you're off the charts on being a shithead idiot"

• Locked thread