Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I use fingerprints to unlock my phone and, for whatever reason, it said I could not and to use my loving knock code. Well I forgot it, but in the past if you made enough attempts you could recover the account by clicking Forgotten Password or whatever and - you know - enter your username and password which makes loving sense and is far more secure

But now instead it gave me a warning that if I enter the password wrong just one more time everything will be erased.

WHAT ATHE gently caress

the dick pics

seriously

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
btw if you wanna gently caress over someone just enter their knock code wrong 10 times lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
whats a knock

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

What the hell is a knock code?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
knock code, pattern unlock, all that poo poo

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I dunno, I'm an iOS person so my phone doesn't have a knocker just a touchscreen and a thumb thing

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
knock knock

whos there ???

a bad thread lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

RobattoJesus posted:

What the hell is a knock code?

Darth123123 posted:

whats a knock

drat horror queefs posted:

knock knock

whos there ???

a bad thread lmao

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

rat-a-tat-a-a-tat-tat-tat

who is it?

THE DOG HOUSE

go away

*phone locked*

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
LOL

So because the phone was previously reset I have to enter my google account info to continue to use it.

WHY COULDNT I PUT THIS INFORMATION IN BEFORE TO ACCESS THE PHONE , SINCE APPARENTLY THATS WHAT YOU NEED TO ACCESS THE loving PHONE AFTER THE RESET

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
On iOS you can turn off that setting. Also you can just restore/wipe out your phone but save your pics at the same time even if you forgot your code.

E: when you hook it up to iTunes/iPhoto I mean.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the knock codes were literally the mcguffin of mission impossible 1

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I just set up a Knob Code where I can unlock my phone by putting the tip of my dick on the fingerprint sensor. Seems pretty safe.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
You can't just use a pin?

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
you know how your dreams are really interesting to you, but literally no one else in the world gives one single solitary poo poo

this is that but for tech

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

RobattoJesus posted:

I just set up a Knob Code where I can unlock my phone by putting the tip of my dick on the fingerprint sensor. Seems pretty safe.

must be a drat good sensor

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I never lock my phone. It's always in my pocket or otherwise near me and it's not like I have a bunch of top secret poo poo on it. If someone wants to look at my handful of photos or check out what you nerds are posting today then I suppose they can.

I guess locking it would frustrate someone if they stole it, but knowing my luck I'd wind up in the same boat as the OP if I did so.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

rabble rabble posted:

you know how your dreams are really interesting to you, but literally no one else in the world gives one single solitary poo poo

Dang

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

FlimFlam Imam posted:

I think a screwdriver would be better pins are very sharp and you could stick yourself :shrug:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Sometimes my fingerprint sensor works and sometimes it doesn't depending on how greasy my thumb is and how my waterproof case decides to shift its fingerprint sensor cover. I hate typing in my password I want it to be EASY. Blarh

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd recommend a Nokia 3330 op.

You just press the unlock button.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
don't knock it till you try it

talk about the school of hard knocks

just knock off for the day

knock off with your cock off

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

LOL

So because the phone was previously reset I have to enter my google account info to continue to use it.

WHY COULDNT I PUT THIS INFORMATION IN BEFORE TO ACCESS THE PHONE , SINCE APPARENTLY THATS WHAT YOU NEED TO ACCESS THE loving PHONE AFTER THE RESET

you don't seem qualified to operate a smart phone

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

FlimFlam Imam posted:

No, even though I DO have a backup pin number (wtf is that for if you cant use it)

You cant use your actual login details that they then require you to put in AFTER they force you to reset

Yes, dont forget your pattern guys.

I talked to tech support before my Final Attempt and they suck sux to be u bro essentially

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

knock knock

whos there ???

a bad thread lmao

lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im still using a nexus 4

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
if you don't use a password manager in 2016 you deserve everything bad that happens to you up to and including identity theft and all your personal information being wiped out

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

if you don't use a password manager in 2016 you deserve everything bad that happens to you up to and including identity theft and all your personal information being wiped out

Its not a password. You aren't given a chance to put your password OR pin in. RAASRRGGGHGAHKWWK

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Its not a password. You aren't given a chance to put your password OR pin in. RAASRRGGGHGAHKWWK

what do you input to the device

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

rabble rabble posted:

wisdom

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

what do you input to the device

A gay rear end pattern that you set when you first get the phone. Since I did that exactly one time (as it has a very effective fingerprint sensor), and it explicitly tells you to also provide a backup pin (which I know) and the fact the phone USED to be unlockable via username and password (which I know) I didn't really think forgetting a pattern would reset my phone. You also get exactly ONE WARNING, the "final attempt" message that says if you enter it wrong one more time everything will be erased.

It definitely didn't used to do this, when you look it up there are tons of articles and posts about "well just push the Forgot Password button that pops up after you enter too many wrong attempts"

nice

NICE

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

op it seems that you are retarded. have you considered sucking my dick and never ever posting again? worth looking into

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

op it seems that you are retarded. have you considered sucking my dick and never ever posting again? worth looking into

yep

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
i like to knock my balls together :kiddo:

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

A gay rear end pattern that you set when you first get the phone. Since I did that exactly one time (as it has a very effective fingerprint sensor), and it explicitly tells you to also provide a backup pin (which I know) and the fact the phone USED to be unlockable via username and password (which I know) I didn't really think forgetting a pattern would reset my phone. You also get exactly ONE WARNING, the "final attempt" message that says if you enter it wrong one more time everything will be erased.

It definitely didn't used to do this, when you look it up there are tons of articles and posts about "well just push the Forgot Password button that pops up after you enter too many wrong attempts"

nice

NICE

lol sorry op sounds like it's time to buy an iphone

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i never forget my pin numbers or my password words

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
knock'em if you got'em

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Mozi posted:

knock'em if you got'em
knock my rear end you gently caress man

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

knock knock

whos there ???

a bad thread lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU