Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Ruggington posted:

when I saw the coconut crab I literally said "poo poo" out loud because I know I won't be able to keep that dude off my team

:same:, also what's your current team status wrt Yungoos? Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

mandatory lesbian posted:

how bout i ban your rear end

how bout you sack up and settle it like a real trainer, in battle? day one, name your format :toughguy:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Zore posted:

I hope the new Pseudo-Legendary line is cool.

It will be tough to live up to Goomy, but I have faith.

Are there any dragons in Hawaiian mythology?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I just want to see how gym like the gym replacements are. I hope they're a little more creative than "gyms, but a different name".

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Grass is a Good Type that does not need buffs.

This, also mega evolution counts as new pokemon the same way other new evolutions count and mega evolutions are staying so suck it nerds.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Cool Alola Tropius!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my alohan team is extremely good

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Zore posted:

Also, I am glad we are back to having good Route 1 normal rodents after the horrible three streak of Bibarel, Watchog and Diggersby.

Gumshoos is definitely up there with Raticate, Furret and Linoone as a GoodTM design.

Bibarel and Diggersby are good.

How can you hate bidoof? He's so precious in explorers of sky.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Pentaro posted:

:same:, also what's your current team status wrt Yungoos? Thanks in advance.

6 yungoos at the start and if a wild pokemon manages to defeat a yungoos (not likely) it becomes an honorary yungoos and i have to catch it

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

my alohan team is extremely good

this gen is so good you guys

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Also this was an awesome suggestion from the old thread and I had no idea how much I wanted it till kraken suggested it.

Internet Kraken posted:

Alolan Parasect should have it freed from the control of the mushrooms so it can assume its true form; a massive, terrifying bug/dragon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

how bout you sack up and settle it like a real trainer, in battle? day one, name your format :toughguy:

i'll meet you out behind the gym after school, nerd

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

this team is going to take me all the way to the top.

Also maybe Wimpod if he learns surf.

Zore fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 19, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm using mimikyu and rowlett, beyond that, i don't know bc i make it up as i go along

to have 6 pokemon already picked out is abominable, what if something better comes along fool

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm using mimikyu and rowlett, beyond that, i don't know bc i make it up as i go along

to have 6 pokemon already picked out is abominable, what if something better comes along fool

Quietly replace one and pretend it never existed.

Rockruff was already unpersoned by Salandit. Who knows who will get cut next?

:ohdear:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm going to give myself a different team for every island while keeping my starter so I can really mix it up this gen

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
lol@anyone making a team before the rest of the undoubtedly amazing gen vii designs are revealed

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I might have to have two teams.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
as a diehard ghost enthusiast i have to have at least one ghost per game and mimikyu is

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Gligar and Gliscor are the two best pokemon. Discuss.

Gliscor is cooler than the other ground/flying type pokemon, that's for sure.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also, I don't think its possible for Vikavolt and Mimikyu not to make my team tbh. I don't think I could cut them from a team made up of my favorite pokemon from every generation.

They're Scolipede, Tyrantrum and Sableye tier for me.

(rip Rotom, Murkrow who have been bumped off the list)

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I really hope the exp share comes back because I can't limit myself to only six of these cool new dudes

Even with the exp share I'm still probably going to have to do multiple playthroughs

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

PSWII60 posted:

This, also mega evolution counts as new pokemon the same way other new evolutions count and mega evolutions are staying so suck it nerds.

Thank you PSWII60 for being standing with me as a Pillar of Being Good At Pokemon in this thread.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I traded a ho-oh for a yveltal

oh my god i'm still so far from done

#nice

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

My team is looking great. I've got some good type coverage and flexibility all around. I just hope their stats are good.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Disargeria posted:

My team is looking great.

i like this team though i'd probably replace the Minior with a Mudsdale or Baile Style Oricorio

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
as a Dragon Enthusiast what are the cool dragons this time around

I mean, definitely getting an alolan exeggutor, for starters.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zoness posted:

as a Dragon Enthusiast what are the cool dragons this time around

I mean, definitely getting an alolan exeggutor, for starters.

These are the other two Dragons we know of

Turtonator- Fire/Dragon

Drampa- Normal/Dragon

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
drampa's normal/dragon actual

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

New thread! Time for some pokemon art!

I really need to find my good watercolour brush so I can draw some of these new guys!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

There are too many good dragon types and fire types and water types this gen

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Zore posted:

Actually confirmed? It seemed pretty vague when described.

A japanese gaming mag (and in turn, serebii.net) has confirmed that hyper training maxes out the IV in whatever stat you pick. No word yet on how rare the bottlecaps used to access hyper training are going to be though, or what tiers they come in if any (although the item being called "silver" bottlecap does give the impression of at least a gold bottlecap existing).

Still, to live in a world where I can raise the stats of my adorable war machines using pogs? Who knew this is what the future would hold. :allears:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I count like 8 different pokemon I have to use just out of the things that have already been revealed

Meanwhile in my replay of Y I 'm restricting myself to not using any pokemon I've ever used before and apparently I've used like 70% of the cool things because I'm 4 badges in and only have a team of 5.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
If Aloha Raichu can't learn Surf I will be so angry.

Also all the pokemon are supremely good and my friends

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If they give you a way to change the nature and ability of a pokemon and teach it egg moves somehow then there will be literally no reason to not battle with the friends you made during your journey (assuming of course you have the good taste to make friends with strong species)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This might be the only gen where I don't use a starter because I don't care much for the final form of Rowlet and my brother has dibs on Poppilo's. Its not even that I think its bad, there are just so many new designs I like more than it.

Aristide posted:

A japanese gaming mag (and in turn, serebii.net) has confirmed that hyper training maxes out the IV in whatever stat you pick. No word yet on how rare the bottlecaps used to access hyper training are going to be though, or what tiers they come in if any (although the item being called "silver" bottlecap does give the impression of at least a gold bottlecap existing).

Still, to live in a world where I can raise the stats of my adorable war machines using pogs? Who knew this is what the future would hold. :allears:

A cool feature I will barely ever use since breeding a 5Iv pokemon is actually really easy when you have a 6 IV ditto. Raising them to level 100 would take more effort.

But now my shiny Pinsir can be perfect instead of near perfect so that's cool.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
Popplio
Turtonator
Alolan Raichu or Vikavolt
Salandit
Lurantis
Mudsdale (why didn't they name this Clodsdale?)

I might also have to make room for Wishawashi depending on how good the School Form is.

Hexmage-SA fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 19, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

This might be the only gen where I don't use a starter because I don't care much for the final form of Rowlet and my brother has dibs on Poppilo's. Its not even that I think its bad, there are just so many new designs I like more than it.

A cool feature I will barely ever use since breeding a 5Iv pokemon is actually really easy when you have a 6 IV ditto. Raising them to level 100 would take more effort.

But now my shiny Pinsir can be perfect instead of near perfect so that's cool.

Yeah, this means random Shinies can actually be good and usable which is great.

I'd love to actually be able to break out and use my cool shiny Charizard (with 3 Speed IVs)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zore posted:

Yeah, this means random Shinies can actually be good and usable which is great.

I'd love to actually be able to break out and use my cool shiny Charizard (with 3 Speed IVs)

Only if they give you a way to change natures as well.

I hatched a shiny Skrelp with the worst possible nature for a Skrelp. I could have left the everstone on my Modest Ditto, but I was just breeding for dex entries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Just how many more Pokémon will Gen 7 introduce? Goodness.